• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rate the "robberies": Khabib-Tibau, GSP-Hendricks, Silva-Brunson, Jones-Reyes

I didn't bring up the fight in the first place? I merely responded to a discussion you were having with someone else about the fight.... lol why are you so defensive about harmless discussion?

Also, it's Herb Keller's job to be in a position to notice his arm factually didn't go limp when he checked it....

My bad, I though you and the first one were the same.

Dude, whatever.
Again, I dislike Dean, I believe he is a bad ref.
I like Askren, I believe he was a great fighter.
But let's say Dean doesn't stop the fight and Askren keeps chocking him for 10 more seconds and he goes out... blank.
People would have said "Dean, what a bad stoppage, so late"
Either way, Dean loses.
The chances of Askren getting out of that choke are very, very small.

My bad, I though you and the first one were the same.

Dude, whatever.
Again, I dislike Dean, I believe he is a bad ref.
I like Askren, I believe he was a great fighter.
But let's say Dean doesn't stop the fight and Askren keeps chocking him for 10 more seconds and he goes out... blank.
People would have said "Dean, what a bad stoppage, so late"
Either way, Dean loses.
The chances of Askren getting out of that choke are very, very small.
Man, MMA would be so fucked if everyone just went off assumptions on what would happen..... lol I figured you were an Askren fan.

Any sub locked in should just be stopped under the "assumption" the fighter "won't get out".....

Khabib-Tibau: How can you call this a robbery. Khabib won every round because he was in control for 80% of every round and got off better shots during the thirty seconds they weren’t up against the cage. Tibau couldn’t keep Khabib from holding him up against the cage. Is Tibau supposed to win the fight because he defended the takedown but wasn't strong enough to break free from the clinch? Khabib manhandled him the entire bout.

The commentators were extremely biased and said before the end of round 3 “if something doesn’t change Khabib is going to get his first loss”. Rewatch the fight with the sound off and you will score it 30-27 for Khabib; just as all 3 judges did.
I didnt call Khabib vs Tibau a robbery. Did you even read my post? You should really read posts before you reply.

There was literally not one fight you listed that could be considered an actual robbery.....Actually Silva is Bruson was borderline but still no....You could debate the decisions of those fights, but nobody got robbed.

Diego Sanchez vs Ross Pearson.....

That was a total failure of judging.

Anyone pretending GSP vs Hendricks was an actual robbery needs to accept the fact they either understand nothing about judging or they have a bias they carry. This isn't debatable.

The entire fight came down to round 1 and it was virtually impossible to tell who won that round.

Khabib pretty clearly won that fight. It was only Rogan's absurd commentary that made anyone think otherwise. 3 judges don't all give you 30 - 27 for no reason. Tibau did practically nothing the entire fight whilst Khabib was the aggressor throughout

Khabib pretty clearly won that fight. It was only Rogan's absurd commentary that made anyone think otherwise. 3 judges don't all give you 30 - 27 for no reason. Tibau did practically nothing the entire fight whilst Khabib was the aggressor throughout

Which is why I rate it the lowest. I think Khabib won that fight decisively.

GSP/Hendricks is worst. Clear win for Johny.

Jones/Reyes is next. Close fight but a clear 3-2.

Khabib/Tibau is next. A nothing fight. But if either fighter deserved to win, it's Tibau.

Silva/Brunson is last. It probably shoulda gone to Brunson but it was very close. I'd need to rewatch to have a stronger opinion.

GSP/Hendricks and Jones/Reyes were very similar. You have challengers clearly winning 2 out first 3 rounds and then fell off in the last round. A couple of rounds were difficult to judge. It was not unexpected for the champ to get the nod, unless the champ is MM. Neither fight was really a robbery.

Khabib was not able to do anything. Tibau stuffed everything and overall had done more, even thought it was not much. But I can see the judges favoring aggression over effectiveness. It was not a robbery.

Silva/Brunson was a very close fight. Strangely enough, it is the only fight that I feel the judges got wrong but it was close.

Silva/ Brunson - can't fathom how Silva won 2 rounds. Mental gymnastics.

Tibau / khabib - striking and grappling nullified in every round in an uneventful fight. Neither guy really did much of anything. I'd have to watch it again.

Reyes / Jones - close fight. Haven't ever watched it again. I think I had Reyes winning but I don't remember. Would need to watch again.

GSP / Hendricks - most embellished "robbery" ever. Touted as the biggest robbery due IMO to the horrendous one-sided commentating of Rogan. It came down to how you scored round 1. I thought it was a pretty even round that could have gone either way. People act like this should have been 50-45 or 49-46 Hendricks when it's clear as day Hendricks won rounds 2 and 4, GSP 3 and 5, no 10-8 rounds. If people want to discuss the obvious flaws in scoring rounds that kind of come to light in a fight like this, I can agree. Hendricks did more facial damage. Rounds are not scored differently due to facial damage though. It was a close fight, arguable for either guy.

Uhhhh... what this guy wrote

Silva/Brunson by some distance

UFC208-FightCard2.jpg

Outstruck, outgrappled, outfought yet wins a unanimous decision. Not even a split ffs

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/7772/Anderson-Silva-vs-Derek-Brunson

One of the worst robberies I have ever seen

Please elaborate on how failing 80% of your takedowns is "outgrappling" someone.

Silva stuffed 8 out of 10 attempts. Have you watched the fight?

Khabib-Tibau wasn't even a big fight idk why people are so obsessed with it. It was Khabibs 2nd fight in UFC and it was 2012, Khabib was a nobody back then. Robbery yes but it was a meaningless fight.

1. GSP vs Hendricks
2. Jones vs Reyes
3. Silva vs Brunson
4. Khabib vs Tibau

@NorrisB
1. Khabib vs Tibau - easy 30-27 Tibau
2. Reyes vs Jones first 3 rounds pretty clear Reyes.
3. Gustafsson vs Jones (how do you give Jones round 1? Gus out struck him and got a take down)
4. Silva vs Brunson
5. GSP vs Hendricks

Hendricks and Reyes definitely won

Please elaborate on how failing 80% of your takedowns is "outgrappling" someone.

Silva stuffed 8 out of 10 attempts. Have you watched the fight?

2 TD’s > No TD’s

Didn’t realise this need explaining

1. Khabib vs Tibau - easy 30-27 Tibau
2. Reyes vs Jones first 3 rounds pretty clear Reyes.
3. Gustafsson vs Jones (how do you give Jones round 1? Gus out struck him and got a take down)
4. Silva vs Brunson
5. GSP vs Hendricks

not sure about the the khabib one. Didn't look easy to me.

Khabib pressure Tibau the whole time. Easy 30-27 Khabib.

No robberies but I feel like Reyes and Johnny were the only ones I had winning.

Like said GSP-Johnny is so close it literally comes down to that first round and champions often win the close rounds for judges.

Back