Stipe Miocic: Average Striking, Average Wrestiing, Below Average Subs, Average Speed, Good Gas Tank.

LilNicky95

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is NO hate thread, Stipe is solid and to be respected for overachieving but as far as skill-set....

I think the thread title about sums it up. Where does he really excel?

The appropriate comparison would be the HW Rich Franklin. Another OHIO guy.

Hard working, Solid, Cardio, delivers results IN THE UFC’s BELOW AVERAGE HW LANDSCAPE...but.....does not pass the eye test.

Even the most staunch Stipe supporters(All 2 or 3 of them) can not argue this at all.

Where does he stand out that would even qualify him as the “Baddest Man” nonsense.

“Evolution of MMA, EVOLUTION OF MMA” ~ <30><30>

Come at me bro.

Last edited:
This is NO hate thread, Stipe is solid and to be respected for overachieving but as far as skill-set....

Hard working, Solid, Cardio, delivers results but.....does not pass the eye test.

Even the most staunch Stipe supporters(All 2 or 3 of them) can not argue this at all.

Where does he stand out that would even qualify him as the “Baddest Man” nonsense.

Come at me bro.

This post shows a lack of intelligence on your part, which is not surprising as INTELLIGENCE/FIGHT IQ are Stipe's greatest points (which you completely miss).

Stipe's greatest point is the fact he quickly, and accurately, assesses how to beat his opponent. In other words Fight IQ "live, on stage."

Stipe is also quick for a heavyweight, and he doesn't wind up on his punches, trying to kill anyone. Instead, he lets his hands go freely, with proper form, and with minimum energy expenditure.

Stipe has good instincts, and he is also fearless. For example, where everybody else backs away from Francis Ngannou, Stipe took it to his ass, accurately read & immediately-exposed his weaknesses, and eventually broke Ngannou's little spirit.

I just said all this in another post, but I think it is now well established that Cormier's KO was a fluke, not to be repeated again.

Stipe may not be "great" at anything, but he is really good at everything.

I will again repeat: he has no fear of any opponent ... and he uses proper, effortless technique, quickly developing/executing his game plan, while assessing his opponents in real time, right there as it's all happening. I think Stipe has the best natural instincts of any heavyweight out there right now.

EDIT: I will also add that Stipe's fight IQ is what will prove to be Jones' downfall, should the two ever face each other. Jones will have met his match in this regard, in a bigger stronger opponent.

Last edited:
Also average/low fight IQ. He literally forgot to use the body shots after 2 rounds of their third fight.

His striking, wrestling, speed, power, cardio and fight IQ are all well above average. I'd argue he is the best at certain things, and among the best in many others. His BJJ isn't that great, but it's not needed when you're already a great wrestler and striker with KO power and good cardio.
He's not a great wrestler. He's a good grappler that walks people to the cage. Thats it.

Great cardio, great chin, great TD defense, solid stand-up, high fight IQ, solid wrestling, great in the clinch. Has definitely improved over the years in all areas. He has faced the best heavyweights in the world and is the current champ.

Hard working, Solid, Cardio, delivers results but.....does not pass the eye test.

Come at me bro.

WTF??? Are you seriously that much of an ignorant blind hater?

"average striking"
Getting it from Wikipedia, so I get this right: "...After only eight months of training with a background of being a Cleveland Golden Gloves boxing champion (reaching quarter-final in the nationals)"...

"average Wrestling"
He is an NCAA Division I wrestler at Cleveland State

From the above alone, it shows you have no clue how good Stipe is, but you are far too quick to diss the guy.

You are just one more ignorant fool with an opinion that unfortunately clutter these boards...

WTF??? Are you seriously that much of an ignorant blind hater?

"average striking"
Getting it from Wikipedia, so I get this right: "...After only eight months of training with a background of being a Cleveland Golden Gloves boxing champion (reaching quarter-final in the nationals)"...

"average Wrestling"
He is an NCAA Division I wrestler at Cleveland State

From the above alone, it shows you have no clue how good Stipe is, but you are far too quick to diss the guy.

You are just one more ignorant fool with an opinion that unfortunately clutter these boards...
People constantly act like Stipe is some sort of jackass that started fighting at bars and ended up in the UFC from some backyard brawl youtube vid.

Dude has legit boxing and wrestling. No, he doesn't have fast hands but he's accurate, has power and overall good technique. Clearly, being a dvision 1 wrestler is more than most HWTs can claim.

Back