American confidence vs non American confidence

Lmfao.. do you get that notion from sherdog? Or social media? I’m confused. In American and I’m ashamed at the actions of keyboard warriors and social media crusaders... I promise they aren’t even close to the majority of Americans lol.
I met a lot of American exchange students when I was at uni. One thing I noticed about them was they talked A LOT about themselves. They had this way of talking like they were stars in a reality show or Hollywood movie or something. We made fun of them sometimes but they didn't really get it lol

Don't worry I don't think all Americans are like that. Just a bit of friendly banter :)

TS is talking about cocky and flamboyant black american athletes and his perception that this is ruining or has already ruined america and parts of the UK. They said the same thing about Ali 60 years ago.
Funny that you should make it about race despite the fact that all three of the athletes I used as examples were white.

michael bisping, paul dayle,mvp, darren till

the english have more than 1 prick

BuhH-U6CQAAZCfj.jpg

a84a3bd40c1b9b8d2a538f7dee0f5a40_crop_north.jpg

"American confidence" is just like their comedy: big, dumb, low-brow, in your face and narcissistic.
thats not fair. comedey is at an all time low in terms of talent. every tom dick and harry is on netflix and they all fucking suck. shit dave chappelles 2 stand ups were ok but weak as fuck for his usual material. and people say its the funniest stuff ever because of how bad everyone else is. i mean people actually think joe rogan and his friends are funny...... that dosnt take away from the greats

Last edited:
I agree. Posturing isn't really confidence. More lack of it. It's just cockiness.

Jan Błachowicz comes off as trusting his own abilities with a workmanlike attitude. Laid back. Doesn't really care what others say about him. Knows who he is. Doesn't need to posture.

For sure, but even that is mostly the result of American pop culture trickling into their society.

There's something about people who grow up in North America that forever keeps them a child in a way. I'm generalizing here, and obviously there are exceptions, and there are plenty of Americans who are brought up the right way, but the amount of grown men not knowing how to dress themselves, wearing shirts 4 sizes too big, and talking with street slang into their 30's and 40's is a bid disturbing.
Getting more and more that way it seems, probably more to do with many fathers being absent from homes more than ever and kids not having good examples at home to show them how to behave in a civil society.

TS is a Neville Chamberlain

I met a lot of American exchange students when I was at uni. One thing I noticed about them was they talked A LOT about themselves. They had this way of talking like they were stars in a reality show or Hollywood movie or something. We made fun of them sometimes but they didn't really get it lol

Don't worry I don't think all Americans are like that. Just a bit of friendly banter :)

that makes too much sense. It’s usually privileged entitled twats that get those Opportunities .. in fact those are worse than shertards. Spoiled little bitches lmao, sorry you had to deal with that. Good day rofl

Well OK call it bravado then, but this exterior display of confidence seems to be unnecessary and other societies. I can take one look at a guy like Peter Yan, and know that he means business and demands respect without him ever mean mugging or showing any bravado whatsoever.
Understandable. But at the same time we are talking about people in the entertainment industry. Two of the most world renowned athletes in history in Muhammad Ali and Michael Jordan. They didn't get their status by behaving like Fedor.

Michael Jordan was no where near as outspoken as Ali, especially with social issues, but he displayed a similar air of "arrogance" and flair when it came time to perform. And neither guy shied away from trash talk in the heat of battle.

TS you say you are only making a comparison but you and a few others in this thread are making it sound like "bravado" is a negative thing. But the fact of the matters is those guys will continue be waaaaay more renowned in history than a guy like Fedor. And they made a shit ton more money relatively speaking. So @HatKick you tell me who is doing it right? The "brash American" or the "other guy."

Besides as others have pointed out, there are plenty of exceptions. Plenty of more reserved American performers and there are arrogant and even asshole fighters coming from even the most supposedly humble cultures. Like Shinya Aoki from Japan.

But as an American I prefer the Bravado and I believe most of the rest of the world does too. We prove it by giving these guys our moneys.

pride vs humility

the shamed act like they are different and lesser
the pride act like they are different and greater
the humble act like we are all the same

Last edited:
Spoiled rich first world kids. What do you expect? Khabib said it already; no street fights in America - which doesn't mean kids don't fighting in America but they do it because they are bored little rascals who afterwards are running to their soccer milf moms and snitching how they got beaten up. Daddy is later talking to the parents of the other kid and Mommy is making some Milk and telling George how special he is.
khabib should visit worldstarhiphop

Understandable. But at the same time we are talking about people in the entertainment industry. Two of the most world renowned athletes in history in Muhammad Ali and Michael Jordan. They didn't get their status by behaving like Fedor.

Michael Jordan was no where near as outspoken as Ali, especially with social issues, but he displayed a similar air of "arrogance" and flair when it came time to perform. And neither guy shied away from trash talk in the heat of battle.

TS you say you are only making a comparison but you and a few others in this thread are making it sound like "bravado" is a negative thing. But the fact of the matters is those guys will continue be waaaaay more renowned in history than a guy like Fedor. And they made a shit ton more money relatively speaking. So @HatKick you tell me who is doing it right? The "brash American" or the "other guy."

Besides as others have pointed out, there are plenty of exceptions. Plenty of more reserved American performers and there are arrogant and even asshole fighters coming from even the most supposedly humble cultures. Like Shinya Aoki from Japan.

But as an American I prefer the Bravado and I believe most of the rest of the world does too. We prove it by giving these guys our moneys.
It's funny you should make this argument because it only further makes my point.

You point out that Jordan and Ali did the right thing because they will be more renowned in history thanks in large part to their arrogance and trash talk, as if being renowned in history for their individual accomplishment is what humans should be striving for. Hitler is probably the most renowned person in recent history, I guess we should praise him for not being shy too, no such thing as bad publicity right?

This is another very American attitude, the hubris that their individual existence is somehow very meaningful in the grand scheme of things, and that the goal of human beings should be to just outcompete other human beings.

Without a doubt Platinum Perry is as confident as Fedor.

edit: probably more so actually

Back