Forgotten Notable MMA wins

Overeem losing not once but TWICE to a virtually unknown Karate guy from Russia - Kochkine - is another obscure fact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuriy_Kochkine
Kochkine was not that obscure, tho... Was a legit RTT member, & fought many times under Rings & even in Pride.
Some other RTT dudes were much more 'obscure'...[see Suren Balachinskiy, Mikhail Borissov]

Dave Branch KO'ing Thiago Santos. Santos went up in weight and fought for the title a few fights after being KO'd, and Branch was released from the UFC.

Wonderboy doesn't have a KO win over street jesus, it was just decision

Yep I know, didn't noticed that. What I meant is just a W over Masvidal

Fransisco Trinaldo beat Paul Felder within living death

No props given to Trinaldo, Felder gets high-profile fights.

Felder smashed Charles Oliveira. Such a surprising win in hindsight, considering the absolute tear Charles is on since that loss. Like a 7 fight win streak or some shit.

I remember an old one, people might still recall though, that they used to sell that Okami is the last guy who beat Anderson Silva. But they really don't mention that it was by DQ. Instead it became the build up hype for their rematch where Anderson easily finished Okami.

Last edited:
Harold Howard was the first person to defeat Royce in the UFC.

Kochkine was not that obscure, tho... Was a legit RTT member, & fought many times under Rings & even in Pride.
Some other RTT dudes were much more 'obscure'...[see Suren Balachinskiy, Mikhail Borissov]
Not obscure to YOU, Mr Sherdog Archivist ;)
or to me, Mr Karate List ;)
but to most fans, yes, quite obscure

thyy.gif

Wonderboy destroyed Robert Whittaker too,made him look like a helpless child.
I was there live to watch my old assistant wrestling coach Pat Cummins fight Cormier... didn't go too well but good times haha

Dan Henderson being the 1st double weight champ in the UFC. He was a champion in the match they made. Champion vs champion. And Pride of a Champion. Both belts he got to bring over with him into the UFC.

Sonnen win vs Oleinik.
Mitrione win vs Black beast.

-I've never felt Corey Anderson got enough credit for defeating Glover Texeira on short notice in pretty dominant fashion, likely because it was a decision that most people didn't find entertaining.

-Not a win, but Derrick Brunson was comfortably up on the scorecards and outwrestling Romero when they fought until getting KO'd in the 3rd.

-Rafael Calvalcante also outwrestled Romero when they fought and KO'd Romero in the 2nd round. I had thought Romero had retired after that fight before seeing him years later in the UFC and getting a flying knee KO.

-Neil Magny comfortably outwrestled and defeated Kelvin Gastelum (though Gastelum almost finished him late in the fight) and has seemingly had a weakness for takedown defense that has been exploited many times (despite having quite good takedown offense and a wrestling base).

-Pat Cummins defeated a lesser version of Jan Blachowicz by tiring him out after taking a good beating in the first round.

-Paulo Costa was a rather mediocre fighter that lost early in TUF Brazil to a relative unknown fighter before going on a tear. I didn't even recognize him when he fought in the UFC after that season of TUF Brazil.

-Jorge Rivera has a decision win over Tim Sylvia in an amateur fight.

-Rodrigo Damm is the only guy to get a KO/TKO stoppage over Masvidal (it was a pretty quick stoppage though)

Cat Zingano wrecked Amanda Nunes in a 3 round war.

tumblr_ncmapgFxVm1qaa8d1o5_250.gif

I remember when Holly was champ she never once called her out, but as soon as Miesha & Amanda were champs she kept calling them out saying "why aren't they calling me out? its weird seeing them as champs" Unfortunately it was all downhill for Cat after this win

Babalu submitted Shogun

Tyson Griffin knockout Uriah Faber

Tony Ferguson beat Joe Schilling
GSP beat Mayhem Miller
Giblert beat Masvidal in Strikeforce for their LW title
Urijah Faber beat Charles "krazy horse" Bennett
Chael beat Oleinik
Lyoto Machida gave Rich Franklin his 1st career loss

Back