GSP vs Hendricks was not a robbery!

JustAkidFrom209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Watched it for the 2nd time since it happened. Initially i had it for Hendricks for sure but i think that the fight was so close with a dominant champion that you want to give props to the challenger.

Round 1 I scored it for Hendricks, close round.

Round 2: Hendricks landed some good shots in the beginning but he didn’t hurt him as much as the commentary made it out to be. GSP wasn’t even wobbled or anything. Most of the round took place in the centre of the octagon and I thought personally GSP landed the better shots (left hooks and jabs) I scored it for GSP for dominating most of the round

Round 3: Definitely GSP

Round 4: Definitely Big Rigg

Round 5: GSP was better.

48-47 GSP. Watch it again without paying much attention to Joe and Goldie and I think you would score it the same as I did. TBH you could even make an argument that George won the 1st round.

I had GSP winning the 2nd round as I said he was better for most of the round.

Pardon me, but the consensus is Johny unanimously won round 2 coz he got GSP clearly hurt. The most debatable round is round 1. But yeah, this is water under the bridge. I had it GSP winning too, but 1,3, and 5.

Watched it for the 2nd time since it happened. Initially i had it for Hendricks for sure but i think that the fight was so close with a dominant champion that you want to give props to the challenger.

Round 2: Hendricks landed some good shots in the beginning but he didn’t hurt him as much as the commentary made it out to be. GSP wasn’t even wobbled or anything. Most of the round took place in the centre of the octagon and I thought personally GSP landed the better shots (left hooks and jabs) I scored it for GSP for dominating most of the round

48-47 GSP. Watch it again without paying much attention to Joe and Goldie and I think you would score it the same as I did. TBH you could even make an argument that George won the 1st round.

The first round is the controversial round, 99% of the fans agree on the other four. I actually think it's the first time I see someone say that GSP won, while giving the first round to Hendricks.

I agree it was GSPS closest fight but I scored it similar to how you did.

The shocking thing is what the hell happened to Hendricks career after this fight?

I know the whole stick about IV bags but jeez, to go from almost beating the GOAT to being 3-6 in his post GSP career. WTF was in those IV bags?

Yeah.

Gsp was landing a bunch of bodykicks that were hurting Hendricks that people did not really account for.

Hendricks was too busy shaking his head and playing up to the judges acting like nothing was landing or that he wasnt being hurt.

It worked on a lot of fans but not the judges surprisingly. Also GSP won 3 rounds but the rounds he won were closer than the 2 rounds that big rig won. It was a close fight but I think just because GSP wasnt 100% dominant it made it seem like he lost.

Fight was very close for sure,GSP was on 11 fight win streak and 9th title defence and he was mentally done you know he was talking about aliens at that time and he gave up gloves after the fight,a motivated GSP would beat Hendricks any day of the week

I agree it was GSPS closest fight but I scored it similar to how you did.

The shocking thing is what the hell happened to Hendricks career after this fight?

I know the whole stick about IV bags but jeez, to go from almost beating the GOAT to being 3-6 in his post GSP career. WTF was in those IV bags?

People act like it happened straight away. Go back and watch his two fights with Lawler. It was a good year after that fight that his skid slided. And, as spectacular as it was, it wasn't the GSP fight that signalled it.

It was the last fight with Lawler

People act like it happened straight away. Go back and watch his two fights with Lawler. It was a good year after that fight that his skid slided. And, as spectacular as it was, it wasn't the GSP fight that signalled it.

It was the last fight with Lawler

Both lawler fights were really close though, especially considering the oddsmakers had Johnny as a significant favourite (-435 for the first fight, -242 for the 2nd). Also worth noting that the first lawler fight is where we saw Big Riggs weight issues. Even still, he was not the same guy in the Lawler fights or any fight post that as he was in the GSP fight.

All media members and 92% of fans gave Hendricks round 2.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/4707/fight

It was a fight that really tested the 10-9 boxing scoring and showing an extreme example of how a fight could legitimately be scored for fighter A but other factors make people believe fighter B took it. I initially was shocked when GSP won too, but when I watched it again considering the scoring better and not just what I feel should be scored, I understood it and agreed with it based on the rules.

Plus I thought Johny was a dumbass for taking off the 5th round like he was champion already making stupid faces instead of doing anything just because he got some good shots earlier like that's all he had to do against a dominate champion.

I scored it for GSP but haven't watch it since. Can't remember the round numbers, but I had GSP narrowly taking 2 rounds and Hendrick taking 2 rounds by a wide margin (back in the days where you would need to nearly kill someone to get a 10-8).

Hendricks then coasted round 5 and threw it away.

In before @TheSpider posts media judges as if they mean anything.

ZacITWt.png

If they didn't mean anything then why are people still debating about it 7 years later?

Last edited:
Back