Rumored Paula Costa looking huuuge next to Adesanya

Dunno never been a huge fan of overly muscular athletes, because a lot of times it's about efficiency and you need a lot of oxygen to feed those muscles. We also never take into account the central nervous system which controls those muscle contractions so looks can be deceiving.

If I would to put money on this fight, I'd place my bet for Izzy. Hate his personality, but I think he would play the point system and dodge and weave his way to victory.

Omg wtf why arent they trying to kill each other

Dunno never been a huge fan of overly muscular athletes, because a lot of times it's about efficiency and you need a lot of oxygen to feed those muscles. We also never take into account the central nervous system which controls those muscle contractions so looks can be deceiving.

If I would to put money on this fight, I'd place my bet for Izzy. Hate his personality, but I think he would play the point system and dodge and weave his way to victory.

i'll tell you this...those that don't think big muscles help...I remember a long time ago..in school...this dude was talking shit to this big jacked up guy...definitely looked like a competitive bodybuilder. the big guy picked the normal looking dude up, like nothing and crashed him so hard on the ground, I thought he killed him...picked him up, like he was nothing. guys that are that big, will always have a huge advantage of normal sized guys...that old saying, the bigger stronger animal will always win...does hold true, all things being equal...of course, if that normal sized guys knows how to fight, then that's different.

Damn. So natty, so goat. Save us from covid, L'il Eraser!

Whats weird is that they're nearly the same height. Like what shoes is Costa wearing

They are around 10 cm (4 inches) apart. I wouldn't say that is nearly the same.

hqdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Costa was listed at 187cm in his early fights in Brazil, that's almost 6'2.

Sidenote: they're actually cool with each other which makes me think they are just playing a fake beef for media and promotion.
I always assume it's a work until proven otherwise. The majority of UFC beefs are probably fake, and their cringey back and forths never looked real to me.

i'll tell you this...those that don't think big muscles help...I remember a long time ago..in school...this dude was talking shit to this big jacked up guy...definitely looked like a competitive bodybuilder. the big guy picked the normal looking dude up, like nothing and crashed him so hard on the ground, I thought he killed him...picked him up, like he was nothing. guys that are that big, will always have a huge advantage of normal sized guys...that old saying, the bigger stronger animal will always win...does hold true, all things being equal...of course, if that normal sized guys knows how to fight, then that's different.

Yeah, I agree...in a street fight being strong as an ox is an invaluable asset. This is a mixed martial arts competition though, with rules, rounds, a scoring system, etc. Big muscles are much less valuable. Endurance and overall skill level are much more important. Muscle weighs a lot and uses a lot of resources. If you are incredible bulked and have huge muscles, you are forgoing fighting at a smaller weight class, where your endurance, flexibility, leverage, reach, weight cut, will all be more optimal.

That's not to say that a fighter can't be a freak, natty GOAT, cut a huge amount of weight, and still be a great fighter. But for the average MMA fighter, I don't think this is realistic or beneficial. IMO.

Back