Costa performance theories

Metallicalabran

Don't be scared homie!
@Brown
Reaction score
Adesanya is probably the best striker in UFC and many predicted he will move and counter strike Costa into a win but...

Costa did almost nothing, so, what happened?

My theory is Costa has not the cardio to go full brawler like he does in 3 round fights so he and his team had the plan to fight in a very energy saving state for the first 2 rounds to unleash the full power in the last 3 rounds...

That makes sense but in the first 2 rounds Izzy made enough harm in the legs, body and a cut that make Costa hesitant and worried, he lost confidence and got caught.

Izzy is a fantastic fighter, the best striker in UFC, undisputed champion and the favorite, but I think Costa would have done much more in a 3 round fight (or with an oxygen tube maybe lol)

Or do you really think Izzy is in a whole different level compared to Costa ? Because the common opponents they have and their results are not that different

Adesanya is probably the best striker in UFC and many predicted he will move and counter strike Costa into a win but...

My theory is Costa has not the cardio to go full brawler like he does in 3 round fights so he and his team had the plan to fight in a very energy saving state for the first 2 rounds to unleash the full power in the last 3 rounds...

That makes sense but in the first 2 rounds Izzy made enough harm in the legs, body and a cut that make Costa hesitant and worried, he lost confidence and got caught.

Izzy is a fantastic fighter, the best striker in UFC, undisputed champion and the favorite, but I think Costa would have done much more in a 3 round fight (or with an oxygen tube maybe lol)

Or do you really think Izzy is in a whole different level compared to Costa ? Because the common opponents they have and their results are not that different

Costa would have done better in a 3 round fight? That's fine if he doesn't want to fight for a belt.

If he wants to be a champ he gets 5 rounds.

No fantasy lands.

Costa would have done better in a 3 round fight? That's fine if he doesn't want to fight for a belt.

If he wants to be a champ he gets 5 rounds.

No fantasy lands.

Izzy was more than happy to chop up that lead leg if Costa's plan was indeed to pace himself, he would have been better off trying to be aggressive and pushing the pace.

He let Izzy have too much freedom and failed to crowd him in a way that wouldn't leave him open to a counter. He just stood at mid range and that's usually where Adesanya is at his best, and he works his feints, question mark kicks, his Jab and the leg kicks.

Levels to this shit. He saw the counter striker infront of him and was scared to open up.

Izzy is just superior to anyone on the feet and if you open up you pay the price.

Romero was scared to open up and so was Costa

Costa just had a bad game plan in my opinion.
Maybe he just froze under the spotlight?

Stayed in striking range from the start but didn't throw anything? You don't wanna play that game with a striker like Izzy.

Didn't strike, didn't clinch, didn't wrestle. Literally just taunted Izzy? I understand he didn't wanna get countered but he actually kept staying in striking range the entire time

Just a terrible showing for Costa.

Back