I see a Moraes blowout.

but I guess we will see. Definitely putting some cash on it tho at +125

uhhh
Marlon as a dog is a bit strange to me

Sandhagen was so bad against Aljo it was kinda shocking. Yeah Aljo is good

but Sandhangen was terrible

I see a Moraes blowout.

but I guess we will see. Definitely putting some cash on it tho at +125
Moraes is going to immediately take the back and sub Sandhagen?

Like I think Moraes keeps it competitive for a round or two, but he'll ultimately gas under Sandhagen's tempo if he can't get a finish.

Like I think Moraes keeps it competitive for a round or two, but he'll ultimately gas under Sandhagen's tempo if he can't get a finish.
I guess I just think people are underrated Moraes here a bit imo.

He blasted Aljo. Blasted Rivera. Beat Assuncao in around. Beat Aldo. Was shitting on Cejudo before gassing and Cejudo turning it around. And hey Cejudo was and is a great fighter.

Guess i don't put Sandhangen in that class.

Course could be wrong maybe Sandhanger dominates.

But man, even style wise to me I see Marlon getting his shots in all night long as long as the cardio keeps up.

Sandhagen does bring a high pace to the fight and has very dynamic striking but his striking is not as good as he thinks he is, particularly defensively. He has a bad tendency of keeping his hands too low and that is not a good idea against Moraes. I know Moraes wilted under Cejudo's pressure but Sandhagen doesnt bring the same skillset as Henry. I think Moraes will either stop Sandhagen or will win a close decision.

I was looking to bet on Sandhagen, but yeah I’m not gonna lay juice on a potential mental flake.

I remember after he lost to Aljo, he said that he wasn’t in the “right mental headspace.”

something tells me he either froze because the level of competition was too high or whatever the shit Cerrone has.

Marlins stock is also low as he got decimated by a flyweight and a lot of people think he LOOOOST to Aldo. I wouldn’t have been surprised if Marlon was like a -150 favorite, and I wouldn’t see tremendous value in Sandhagen at +130. Once again, these are just my two cents on the fight. If you see a technical advantage or as mister Gugabe mentioned above, that Sandhagens tempo will be a problem for Marlons gas tank.

We will see

Sandhagen does bring a high pace to the fight and has very dynamic striking but his striking is not as good as he thinks he is, particularly defensively. He has a bad tendency of keeping his hands too low and that is not a good idea against Moraes. I know Moraes wilted under Cejudo's pressure but Sandhagen doesnt bring the same skillset as Henry. I think Moraes will either stop Sandhagen or will win a close decision.
"Doesn't bring the same skillset" I think you misremember how the fight went, Cejudo didn't do anything magical. He blew out his left shoulder in the very first round which left him pretty limited. It didn't matter though, watch the 2nd round 90% of his offense is just spamming punches with his right arm over and over with great effect. He then adds clinch strikes near the end where sandhagen is quite adept in himself. A one armed fighter fucked up moraes by simply biting down the mouth piece and pushing a pace to gas out him out quickly. Sandhagen will have 2 healthy arms with a big reach advantage, dynamic striking as you put it with great cardio and high pace and as long as he doesn't get ko'd early that's all it really takes. But even that's putting a disservice to him, I think sandhagen is a great fighter who should be a bigger favorite but the recency bias is strong in this one.

"Doesn't bring the same skillset" I think you misremember how the fight went, Cejudo didn't do anything magical. He blew out his left shoulder in the very first round which left him pretty limited. It didn't matter though, watch the 2nd round 90% of his offense is just spamming punches with his right arm over and over with great effect. He then adds clinch strikes near the end where sandhagen is quite adept in himself. A one armed fighter fucked up moraes by simply biting down the mouth piece and pushing a pace to gas out him out quickly. Sandhagen will have 2 healthy arms with a big reach advantage, dynamic striking as you put it with great cardio and high pace and as long as he doesn't get ko'd early that's all it really takes. But even that's putting a disservice to him, I think sandhagen is a great fighter who should be a bigger favorite but the recency bias is strong in this one.
Cejudo is a different human being. He’s not of this earth.

Im surprised marlon's leg kicks haven't been brought up that much. Cory's volume and pace are great weapons but it'll be hard for him to move, sit on his strikes with a busted up leg. It'll be interesting to see who takes the center. cory needs to press the action right from the get go in order to win imo, and im not entirely sure he does. im doubting his mental game tbh, cause he's got tons of heart but i have a feeling he might have the cowboy syndrome. Tricky fight for me, livebetting seems to be the best option since the first round will pretty much dictate the outcome.

Last edited:
Omar Morales (-145) vs. Giga Chikadze (+125): Morales by decision

Morales should look to get this fight to the ground, but it is hard to trust that he will. If we knew his game plan would be to work in takedowns, then I would favor him over 2-1 in this spot. Chikadze is a kickboxer and he is only going to look to strike at range. If he can make Morales play the outside game, Chikadze wins at range. Morales can win this fight on the feet and he just needs to make this more of a brawl. He is the pick, but it will be much easier if he gets takedowns. He can get a submission if he does.
Morales has a ground game? This was the biggest question mark betting Chikadze (at 2.75). Morales seems like the purest stand-up fighter he's faced in UFC and if that's true he'll likely over perform compared to his previous fights. But going down a weight class would make more sense if Morales intends to use his size wresting.

Morales has a ground game? This was the biggest question mark betting Chikadze (at 2.75). Morales seems like the purest stand-up fighter he's faced in UFC and if that's true he'll likely over perform compared to his previous fights. But going down a weight class would make more sense if Morales intends to use his size wresting.

Omar is a bjj black belt and has 5 submission wins, but he likes to strike so on the feet it will be more like a 50/50 fight; Giga is the better technical striker but Omar has some power in his punches, so I can see a close fight on the feet. If Omar goes for takedowns and tries to grapple Giga it will be an easy win. But that's a big IF...

I don't see Moraes winning a decision. Sandhagen has too much pace, too much volume. It's a 50/50 fight: Moraes could easily knock Sandhagen out within the first 2 rounds, but if he doesn't, it's Sandhagen ALL DAY in rounds 3, 4 and 5.

Omar is a bjj black belt and has 5 submission wins, but he likes to strike so on the feet it will be more like a 50/50 fight; Giga is the better technical striker but Omar has some power in his punches, so I can see a close fight on the feet. If Omar goes for takedowns and tries to grapple Giga it will be an easy win. But that's a big IF...
Can I get a reference for him having 5 subs and a bjj black belt?

I can see he has 4 subs. None in the last 4 years. 3 coming in the beginning of his career In some obscure promotions.

I see he has a SLAM black belt from his father, whatever that means.

I highly doubt he’s planning on wrestling. He’s cutting 10 extra pounds. Wouldn’t be wise for his cardio

Last edited:
Can someone possibly justify the Ulanbekov line? Silva had competitive fights with Dvorak and Casey Kenney. No way he should be +300 here.

Ulanbekov is a beast. He is the better striker and the better grappler in this matchup and on top of that, Silva gasses hard in the 2nd and 3rd round. Also, Silva getting submitted by a striker like Taha is not a good look. I'll take the guy with the better skills and better conditioning, that grew up with Khabib in the mountains ALL DAY. Lock of the night.

On a side note: don't get fooled by the 10-1 record, Ulanbekov should be 11-0. He got absolutely ROBBED against Zhumagulov (in Kazakhstan!!!); I watched the fight and Ulanbekov won all 5 rounds.

Egger looking like a unit. Huge. Wonder how she gonna make 135 on short notice

media

tracy-cortez-dwcs-22.jpg

That reach and size advantage Egger has...

I would be shocked if she makes weight. Egger is going to miss weight by at least 3 pounds...

Sandhagen/Lineker was dead even. Marlon should be the fave here.

You are on Sherdog, but are not able to take a look at his record?

<Huh2>
Are you not able to count? Being on sherdog that doesn’t surprise me. Numbers are hard

So what is your source of him having a bjj black belt?

Interesting. Tapology only listed one of his wins as a sub so I was unaware of those. Maybe him dropping down really is sign of him getting back to grappling.

Interesting. Tapology only listed one of his wins as a sub so I was unaware of those. Maybe him dropping down really is sign of him getting back to grappling.
I think he’s dropping down to avoid the wrestling of the top 155ers. 145 is primarily strikers

Back