Reasons Jones is NOT the GOAT

Booksmasher

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
-Has a véry hard time with modern fighters

-Decision machine/Pointfighter mostly

-Not taking much risks

-Not many decisive wins (sub/tko/10-8) against legit prime quality skilled fighters (Belfort, Machida & Shogun)

-PEDs

Are we breaking any new ground in discrediting Jones? Some to most of this that isn't opinion based is common knowledge and yes, while he's had a few close fights recently, he's been fighting top five guys for over a decade.

I'm not on the Jones wagon, but GOAT talk is really subjective and some people have their own.

Mine is Anderson; to some it's Fedor; to some it's Georges; to some it's Jones.

It is what it is.

I'd kind of like it if the GOAT in my favourite sport doesn't have to say the reason he failed a drug test is because of impotence

Like I said in another thread, respect is earned and not given. Jones has the PED cloud looming over his head and fans won’t forget that. Also, he should let this go; he’s coming across really pathetic.

Another Jones bashing thread? Seriously?
Yea like the ppl here roasting him because Jones being salty about Khabib being #1 P4P despite having an abysmal number of title defenses while arguably being a size bully isn't enough...

He beat a bunch of former champs and would be 22-0 insode of the UFC if not for the DQ and the NC. Were DC and GUS not prime top fighters when he finished them?

Another Jones bashing thread? Seriously?
Yea like the ppl here roasting him because Jones being salty about Khabib being #1 P4P despite having an abysmal number of title defenses while arguably being a size bully isn't enough...
Khabib is an average size Lightweight at best he just sucks at cutting weight, a lot of his opponents were actually bigger than him.

Khabib is an average size Lightweight at best he just sucks at cutting weight, a lot of his opponents were actually bigger than him.
Didn't he look around the same size as GSP in that photo that was taken with him? Khabib may be a bit shorter but both him and GSP have frames that are of similar size.

Even Colby and Gilbert Burns aren't any bigger than Khabib is on fight night (Colby is like 180 in the cage and Burns weighs similar to that, Khabib weighs at 170+ at least), and those guys are top contenders in a division where fighters are actually bigger and heavier than them in size.

He beat a bunch of former champs and would be 22-0 insode of the UFC if not for the DQ and the NC. Were DC and GUS not prime top fighters when he finished them?

I like how he cheated to beat DC both times, and yet we still credit him with those wins...

Are we breaking any new ground in discrediting Jones? Some to most of this that isn't opinion based is common knowledge and yes, while he's had a few close fights recently, he's been fighting top five guys for over a decade.

I'm not on the Jones wagon, but GOAT talk is really subjective and some people have their own.

Mine is Anderson; to some it's Fedor; to some it's Georges; to some it's Jones.

It is what it is.
I'll take a shot to that
<WhatItIs>

I like how he cheated to beat DC both times, and yet we still credit him with those wins...
DC cheated to get the belt in the first place by grabbing the towel to make weight. Both are cheaters and DC outweighed him by 15 lbs. The better fighter won.

This shit is getting tired y'all.

Find some new material and move on with your MMA lives. This tune has been played to death.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehuff
Back