It sucks but Conor-Cerrone got watched by more people than Khabib-Gaethje by all metrics.

I think Conor only pulling 1 mil for his standards shows more than Khabib's (reported) good, but not great drawing power.

Helwani went to interview some Irish people a few years ago and the answers were waning interest. UFC PPV's are NA based. Lots of Irish-Americans there. It wasn't a significant fight for LW or WW, but Cowboy is a known guy and it was a match-up with 2 exciting fighters.

Since Conor is now more known than in 2016 when champ I'd guess his worldwide numbers are higher, but NA could be going down. Khabib is known worldwide as well, similar PPV situation in that regard.

So unless they fight each other or Conor gets a big grudge match it could be they're more suited for TV numbers.

Drama? Conor and cowboy were very respectful to eachother. Facts are Mcgregor is more exciting and a bigger name than Khabib. Cowboy is more well known then Gaethje aswell(no matter what Sherdog says), The Khabib novelty has worn off And he’s just a mid level draw. Not bad but not Mcgregor.
View attachment 810722
You sound prepubescent.

Track down the global 246 numbers first. Russians love Conor . Go check Russian mma forums they think khabib vs justin was a fix lol

Darn the SALT is real!! You guys should apply for the position of Johns twitter manager!

We have no idea aboht the actual revenue stream!
When khabib fights the ufc isn't counting on PPV do much as their revenue source is based on selling the rights on individual countries! Which could be actually way mire profitable for them as they avoid revenue sharing with broadcasters+ fixed income+ no ppv bonuses on fighters!

When it comes to Khabib you have to include all Russian speaking countries Arab and muslim world!
Imagine how much you can sell the rights on these particular countries that are dying to see khabib fight!!

Its not a “Style of fighting thing” people in north america just relate to Conor more than Khabib who is Muslim and Russian (Dagestani).
What you say is spot-on. . . sadly. As an American I can't relate to Conor on any level. I also don't like Islam, and am half Ukranian, so I hate Russia as well. . . and STILL I think Khabib is a great guy a a great ambassador for the sport, while Connor is a bad role-model, insecure, self-loathing prick. So, like you said, it's sad that more Americans can and do relate to that more than to a humble, honest, family man (who kicked the braggart's ass to boot!).

Darn the SALT is real!! You guys should apply for the position of Johns twitter manager!

We have no idea aboht the actual revenue stream!
When khabib fights the ufc isn't counting on PPV do much as their revenue source is based on selling the rights on individual countries! Which could be actually way mire profitable for them as they avoid revenue sharing with broadcasters+ fixed income+ no ppv bonuses on fighters!

When it comes to Khabib you have to include all Russian speaking countries Arab and muslim world!
Imagine how much you can sell the rights on these particular countries that are dying to see khabib fight!!
Prior to fight: this will break 1 mil ppv easy

After fight: b b but other countries!

Prior to fight: this will break 1 mil ppv easy

After fight: b b but other countries!

Try to change the topic buddy cause you got nothing to say!!

Never said something like this!!

Better dont talk if u dont have anything related to say!! Especially if you are clueless regarding sports media))

PS Send the applications fast

Try to change the topic buddy cause you got nothing to say!!

Never said something like this!!

Better dont talk if u dont have anything related to say!! Especially if you are clueless regarding sports media))

PS Send the applications fast
I asked to post global numbers for 246 you ignored that

Americans watch Conor more. No surprise there.

Khabib's true fanbase is in the other continents, not in America.

Imagine a Dagestani Muslim who speaks Russian is being more popular than Conor in America. <45> The guy didn't even know how to speak English when he first came to UFC. <Lmaoo>

Even in South Europe, probably Khabib is even more popular than Conor, or at least more likeable.

If you don't know who Cristiano Ronaldo is, he is arguably the greatest football player of all time, alongside with Messi.

Last edited:
UFC 246 did not have 2 million buys. On the contrary, it had approximately half that, during a prime time slot.

To Conor's credit, there was no drama leading up to that event. However, it should be noted that all his biggest fights, all the times he's cracked 2 million buys, have been with another star (Diaz, Mayweather, Khabib).

Pretty sure the atmosphere with crazy chanting crowds are the reason is what makes people buy the ppv more than this shite for events with no fans cheering.

Dont get me wrong, I love to hear the cornermens strategies to the fighters during the fights and hear every punch/strike/kick whatever but sports are meant to be together with fans...just my opinion.

Conor is a far more exciting fighter

if only khabib could bring Conor numbers. He quit before he could ever do that
I guarantee you, if it's anywhere near outside of America, Khabib will bring more numbers. There is a reason why Abu Dhabi wants UFC so much.

Back