• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looks like Khabib is getting political in retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you apply this standard to Scientologists and flat-earthers also ?

Religion is a series of beliefs which people choose to hold. And they can walk away any time they like. It is totally different to skin color.

Dumb beliefs should always be open to mockery. Especially when the belief is "don't draw pictures of this guy or we'll kill you"

that doesn’t make sense....

it’s still part of their identity.

When ppl attack one specific group they don’t do it cause of their physical characteristics.

I don't understand which part of "show me evidence from the Quran or Hadith" you aren't computing.

I'm not interested in reading articles from random writers giving their opinion on what Martyrdom is. Show me evidence from the scriptures from known scholars of the religion who say it is permissible to kill innocent people by any means necessary for whichever motive the Muslim likes.

No that's not what I said at all. You claimed that morals are taught. I claimed that some morals aren't taught. They are inate. I then gave an example. Now you're bringing strawman arguments and red herrings into it.

If I wasn't a theist I wouldn't need a religious book to tell me alcohol is bad for me. Science already does that yet I'm encouraged to drink everyday on TV. That is the very definition of backwards.
So is smoking bad for you. As are many foods.

Alcohol is less risky and less harmful to the body than smoking yet smoking is a really common habit amongst Muslims.
The entire Muslim community would turn their back on other muslims drinking yet don't care about smoking. Which is more harmful. Literally fears and emotions are guided by a book. Its nuts.

France was directly and deeply involved in despicable acts in Algeria, with no third-party persecutors to hide behind. The French first invaded the country in 1830. By the time the new colony was “settled” in 1875, an estimated 825,000 indigenous Algerians had been killed. More than 1 million European immigrants then gradually arrived. Algeria was soon classified as an overseas department — an integral part of France.

The governing regime that developed was quasi-apartheid, and the bloodletting was incessant. Poignantly, when Europe was celebrating the defeat of Nazi Germany on V-E Day — May 8, 1945 — France was brutally quelling peaceful anti-occupation protests in Algeria. Some 45,000 Algerian men, women and children were killed in the regions of Setif, Guelma and Kherrata.

The massacres intensified anti-colonial dissent, and the conflict became increasingly savage. After independence in 1962, the victorious National Liberation Front claimed that 1.5 million Algerians had been killed in the war, with double that number displaced from their homes.

These horrors are not simply of the past. This dark legacy carries on to the present

I don't understand which part of "show me evidence from the Quran or Hadith" you aren't computing.

I'm not interested in reading articles from random writers giving their opinion on what Martyrdom is. Show me evidence from the scriptures from known scholars of the religion who say it is permissible to kill innocent people by any means necessary for whichever motive the Muslim likes.
there's quotes from the quran in that article
just admit you can't read or something
you're embarrassing yourself and your father.

So is smoking bad for you. As are many foods.

Alcohol is less risky and less harmful to the body than smoking yet smoking is a really common habit amongst Muslims.
The entire Muslim community would turn their back on other muslims drinking yet don't care about smoking. Which is more harmful. Literally fears and emotions are guided by a book. Its nuts.

Smoking isn't permitted in islam either. So your point is irrelevant. You need to learn the difference between what Islam is and what Muslims do because they aren't always the same thing.

Well yeah of course. All religions and mythologies are just primitive man's rationalization of natural things they couldn't comprehend.
It's certainly a better theory than "god in the sky made the universe and dont want you to eat shrimp".

I get believing in something bigger than yourself, I get it. "Like love, even if god isn't real, we desperately need to believe he exists". I understand that point of view. But at least admit that faith grows in the absence of logic, which is what ultimately makes it appealing and perhaps even healthy in a inner religiousity/mental health kind of way. Just understand the difference between real life and fairytale land. There's no good evidence to suggest that any gods literally exists, much less any biblical ones.

there's quotes from the quran in that article
just admit you can't read or something
you're embarrassing yourself and your father.

Cherry picked and self-interpreted....just like extremist preachers and islam haters alike. Try harder.

I don't get my religion from "everywhere". I want evidence from the scriptures.
I came here because Khabib came out of the closet and sided with a murderer of two old women and an old man in a place of worship . Proof positive tha a lot of you are insane . Maybe not you but .... proof is in the killings that continue in the name of ......

That is not right. God's word in the Bible says you must love Him with all your heart and soul and more than anything else.

Matthew 10:37 (KJV)
He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Anyone in the Abraham faiths MUST love God more than anything else. Saying its a Muslim ideal shows a lack of information.
Well I’m changing it; and European culture advanced and surpassed when the zealotry ended, with the core love and principles remaining.

I only concern myself with what Islam permits and nowhere does it allow the killing of innocent people.

So if Islam does permit the killing of innocent ppl then you are fine with it? You don't see a problem with this way of ethics?

I'm no expert on what is deemed "guilty" according to Islam. Drawing unwanted pictures or showing them to ppl who don't care about it seems "guilty" enough to be beheaded apparently (the beheaded teacher didn't force anyone to stay in the room when he showed the pictures according to the sources that I have seen). So I don't know what you mean by "innocent people".

Crackerjack is going to be banned soon @A g

I'm lying I wouldn't report you

tenor.gif

you gotta admit, a sherdog mod coming in support of a post that glorifies and maybe even incites to violence is not a good look. i think that was a mistake.
I agree. I should not have defended Khabib, that was the wrong thing to do.

I came here because Khabib came out of the closet and sided with a murderer of two old women and an old man in a place of worship . Proof positive tha a lot of you are insane . Maybe not you but .... proof is in the killings that continue in the name of ......

No proof is explicit instruction from the scripture that this behaviour is allowed. If that was true then you could claim it's in the name of Islam, but because it isn't, it's done in the name of a misguided criminal who let his emotions get the better of him

Smoking isn't permitted in islam either. So your point is irrelevant. You need to learn the difference between what Islam is and what Muslims do because they aren't always the same thing.
That's not accurate I lived in one of the heaviest Muslim population areas in my country and the stance from a Pakistani Shia Muslim is the original qur'an does not condemn it.
More modern tobacco fatwas clearly mean very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back