Joaquin Buckley works at Walgreens

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a fucking shame. You are responsible for the greatest KO of the year in the premiere professional MMA promotion and you still have to work at fucking Walgreens. Guy just had a baby in August and since August has body bagged 2 previously undefeated fighters in exciting fashion.

The fact that UFC pays 10-18% of their revenue to fighters is fucking disgusting. Every other major sport pays close to 50/50 split, including boxing.
As multimillionaire Uncle Dana said, this is not a career, it's an opportunity
Dana-White-before.jpg

People are fuckimg stupid. Nfl practice squad make like 100k a year. But, but they are Nfl players they should make billions derr.

Buckley has been under contract like 3 months and has made like 170k. Hes been paid pretty well.

He's only made that money because he got a crazy big bonus though. His actual income especially just the guaranteed income when you combine it with how much he has to pay for training, coaches, supplements etc is not very much.

If he made 100k, he will not get help from the gubmit for health insurance. After taxes and expenses, he should have roughly less than 50k left. Insurance would run him 12-15k depending on the coverage. It goes quick.
Health insurance in the US is a joke.

Not only that MMA fans are oblivous to what other sports leagues pay there entry level players.

One of my co-workers played 4 years D-1 (with most of his games being on national TV), got drafted in the NFL and only made it 3 years (2 of which was a low salary practice squad salary). His athletic profile/achievement was greater than 95% of UFC fighters and yet he made basically the same amount of money as most of them all while playing in a sport that has over 25x the revenue......

There's tennis, golf, and MLB players that win freaking national titles/get drafted and are making less than UFC salaries....... (some of which are ranked top 500 in the world at there sport)

People are fuckimg stupid. Nfl practice squad make like 100k a year. But, but they are Nfl players they should make billions derr.

Buckley has been under contract like 3 months and has made like 170k. Hes been paid pretty well.

Practice squad players get paid 8600 a week for rooks, 12000 for veterans. They can make 200k in 4 months. Much better than low tier MMA fighters, who are mediocre with no win bonus or performance bonus are looking at 12-20k every 3 months.

And being on an active roster is currently 610k per year or something.

Not really a big deal. Lots of fighters work a regular job and then train for a few hours at night. If you’re training over 2-3 hours a day you’re going to be over trained and will get injured easier.

Sounds like poor training regime then. There are things you can do and should be doing that don't require physicality.

The guy is 3 fights into his UFC career with a record of 2-1... you guys expect him to be a millionaire?

Do any of you understand how business works?

<RawexDidThis1>

Not millionaire but he should be able to not have to work a second job.

People can shit on or look down on jobs such as working at a grocery, but you can learn a whole lot starting at the bottom of an organization and attempting to climb up the "ladder". Lessons learned in one field can help you in others.

Even the UFC hw champ has another job. Is normal.

A fighter fights 3 times a year, and needs time to train.

Plenty of time for a day job, whether you need the money or not.

Thinly veiled CVS hate thread
Rite-Aid is the worst. Those cock suckers wouldn't sell me sinus meds because at the time i had recently moved and my license didn't match my current home address. Then i went and spent $35 or w/e to get a updated license and the next time i went there for sinus meds they told me their computer says my license wouldn't go through. They wouldn't tell me why, but it was obvious someone flagged me as a drug seeker. Fucking rediculous over sinus meds. I never had a positive drug test in my life.

That’s a fucking shame. You are responsible for the greatest KO of the year in the premiere professional MMA promotion and you still have to work at fucking Walgreens. Guy just had a baby in August and since August has body bagged 2 previously undefeated fighters in exciting fashion.

The fact that UFC pays 10-18% of their revenue to fighters is fucking disgusting. Every other major sport pays close to 50/50 split, including boxing.
Every other sport has unions. MMA fighters will sell out all other fighters in order for them to get paid.

Remember how fast DW took care of all those fighters in the "fighter's association" and they dropped the association like a meteor coming out of the sky?

Practice squad players get paid 8600 a week for rooks, 12000 for veterans. They can make 200k in 4 months. Much better than low tier MMA fighters, who are mediocre with no win bonus or performance bonus are looking at 12-20k every 3 months.

And being on an active roster is currently 610k per year or something.

They can or they can get cut and make even less. For some reason you are looking at the best case scenario for Nfl practice squad players but the worst case scenario for mma newcomers.

Rite-Aid is the worst. Those cock suckers wouldn't sell me sinus meds because at the time i had recently moved and my license didn't match my current home address. Then i went and spent $35 or w/e to get a updated license and the next time i went there for sinus meds they told me their computer says my license wouldn't go through. They wouldn't tell me why, but it was obvious someone flagged me as a drug seeker. Fucking rediculous over sinus meds. I never had a positive drug test in my life.
Sinus meds are the basic ingredient in meth.

Go Rite-Aid for being socially responsible.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I'm glad they did it.

Sounds like poor training regime then. There are things you can do and should be doing that don't require physicality.

Not millionaire but he should be able to not have to work a second job.

He made 170k in 3 months. He could choose to not work if he didnt want to

Sinus meds are the basic ingredient in meth.

Go Rite-Aid for being socially responsible.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I'm glad they did it.
A valid license is a valid license. Its idiotic to to deny someone needed medications just because they moved a week ago and haven't got a new license. I even showed them the online printed address change paper.

You can try and sugar coat it all you want, but thats just unacceptable.

I had all my family's prescriptions transfered to CVS so they lost a lot of business at least from me and the fam.

Not really a big deal. Lots of fighters work a regular job and then train for a few hours at night. If you’re training over 2-3 hours a day you’re going to be over trained and will get injured easier.
It’s a stupid move as a professional athlete, you’ll be stuck in mediocrity like a Cowboy Cerrone who was always preoccupied with everything other than his craft. Imagine Khabib working a 9-5... that takes up a lot of your time.

Every other sport has unions. MMA fighters will sell out all other fighters in order for them to get paid.

Remember how fast DW took care of all those fighters in the "fighter's association" and they dropped the association like a meteor coming out of the sky?
Unfortunately he can buy the allegiance of the higher tier fighters that speak against him and he can vilify and release the lower tier fighters in the org. It also doesn’t help that for whatever reason when it’s the UFC the fans support the organization over the fighters which is equally as disgusting to me. Fans actually shit on fighters for advocating for higher pay and hold out on fights....fans call them “ducks” and “scared”.

Ha! Disingenuous. Point of course is that if the UFC paid their fighters more, he wouldn't have to work another job!!!

Just move to Europe, we live like kings with 24k a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back