• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Joaquin Buckley works at Walgreens

Status
Not open for further replies.
A valid license is a valid license. Its idiotic to to deny someone needed medications just because they moved a week ago and haven't got a new license. I even showed them the online printed address change paper.

You can try and sugar coat it all you want, but thats just unacceptable.
Everyone has done everything in the book to get those which is why they have laws now prohibiting the same after certain red flags which you had.

That online change of address could've been scanned and changed.

Like I said I'm sorry for your experience and your discomfort but I'm glad they didn't sell it to you. I'm not your enemy I'm just letting you know why they didn't seem it.

I knew a meth cooker who couldn't get a hold of as much sudafed because of the laws changing so he started using the blue crystals in cat litter. It's a dirty, disgusting drug.

Rite-Aid is the worst. Those cock suckers wouldn't sell me sinus meds because at the time i had recently moved and my license didn't match my current home address. Then i went and spent $35 or w/e to get a updated license and the next time i went there for sinus meds they told me their computer says my license wouldn't go through. They wouldn't tell me why, but it was obvious someone flagged me as a drug seeker. Fucking rediculous over sinus meds. I never had a positive drug test in my life.
Lay off the homemade meth.

That’s a fucking shame. You are responsible for the greatest KO of the year in the premiere professional MMA promotion and you still have to work at fucking Walgreens. Guy just had a baby in August and since August has body bagged 2 previously undefeated fighters in exciting fashion.

The fact that UFC pays 10-18% of their revenue to fighters is fucking disgusting. Every other major sport pays close to 50/50 split, including boxing.
It doesn't have to be this way. Literally just need to force a HANDFUL of people to admit they make grotesque amounts for controlling these cheap as fuck contracts and to pony up more.
Once the fans chirp enough Dana will be forced to change his tune.
Like; nobody fucking benefits from this scenario.
Does some billionaire REALLY need an extra 100k that would change this dude's situation and let him avoid covid and train to connect with the next great KO?

It's scummy shortsighted business imo

Everyone has done everything in the book to get those which is why they have laws now prohibiting the same after certain red flags which you had.

That online change of address could've been scanned and changed.

Like I said I'm sorry for your experience and your discomfort but I'm glad they didn't sell it to you. I'm not your enemy I'm just letting you know why they didn't seem it.

I knew a meth cooker who couldn't get a hold of as much sudafed because of the laws changing so he started using the blue crystals in cat litter. It's a dirty, disgusting drug.
Well, i don't know any meth cookers, or how the drug is made, but you are missing the point, I have no problem with the drug stores not selling certain medications to potential drug seekers, My issue is what does your address on a VALID drivers license have to do with what address is on file for my called in prescriptions. In hindsight, if i never changed my address on file there would never have been an issue in the first place.

The guy is 3 fights into his UFC career with a record of 2-1... you guys expect him to be a millionaire?

Do any of you understand how business works?

<RawexDidThis1>
Do you understand how it works?
People become millionaires off viral content ALL THE TIME.
You must live in a cave.

Unfortunately he can buy the allegiance of the higher tier fighters that speak against him and he can vilify and release the lower tier fighters in the org. It also doesn’t help that for whatever reason when it’s the UFC the fans support the organization over the fighters which is equally as disgusting to me. Fans actually shit on fighters for advocating for higher pay and hold out on fights....fans call them “ducks” and “scared”.
I'm for fighters getting a higher cut of profits. 18% is just abysmal.

But WME is seriously hemorrhaging money and has been since they bought the UFC. WME has a responsibility to is investors to make money. Can you imagine the interest on a $4 billion loan?

The NFL has strikes. The NBA has strikes. The top fighters have to go in strike so they can bring the bottom line up but fighters won't do that. Until then the week but be any major profit sharing changes.

And me personally I complain when a further complains about money AFTER signing a contract. The time to complain was before you signed not during match making trying to hold fights hostage demanding more money (I'm looking at Nate when he was suppose to fight Porier and Porier when he was suppose to fight Ferguson and Chandler).

Capitalism for you bud. The best system in the world, but truly flawed in some aspects
I mean capitalism doesn't need to be some static unchangeable thing.
At one point slavery was "the best economic model, but truly flawed in some aspects".
Plenty of pro athletes and leagues and other industries have been shown to exist with more money going fairly to the people having the hardest time despite arguably working the hardest.

It's not about how much they pay. It's about the percentage of the revenue they give to the fighters, regardless what the revenue is.
There’s no set %. Who defines what that % is? The Yankees and the cowboys pay well under 30%. Should they be forced to pay 50%?

Lay off the homemade meth.
Why the fuck would i want to take homemade meth. My kid has ADHD, im sure if i wanted to be a tweaker, his prescription meds would be better then anything that is homemade.

I'm for fighters getting a higher cut of profits. 18% is just abysmal.

But WME is seriously hemorrhaging money and has been since they bought the UFC. WME has a responsibility to is investors to make money. Can you imagine the interest on a $4 billion loan?

The NFL has strikes. The NBA has strikes. The top fighters have to go in strike so they can bring the bottom line up but fighters won't do that. Until then the week but be any major profit sharing changes.

And me personally I complain when a further complains about money AFTER signing a contract. The time to complain was before you signed not during match making trying to hold fights hostage demanding more money (I'm looking at Nate when he was suppose to fight Porier and Porier when he was suppose to fight Ferguson and Chandler).
Yeah but that's a bogus argument.
The private equity valuation of a company has no bearing on fighters literally being THE PRODUCT.
Fighters can't complain at all because Dana and Co will simply blackball them out of the league.

I mean capitalism doesn't need to be some static unchangeable thing.
At one point slavery was "the best economic model, but truly flawed in some aspects".
Plenty of pro athletes and leagues and other industries have been shown to exist with more money going fairly to the people having the hardest time despite arguably working the hardest.

I’m not really educated on the matter but I think this is what the “Ali act” is no? 20% of the revenue going to fighters absolutely stinks, especially when you deny them the option to generate their own income using sponsors and what not

I’m not really educated on the matter but I think this is what the “Ali act” is no? 20% of the revenue going to fighters absolutely stinks, especially when you deny them the option to generate their own income using sponsors and what not
Regardless of Ali act, it can simply be a matter of "do the customers give a shit enough that a lower quality product with exploited fighters will affect their choice to support our product financially?"
If the average dumb as shit joe wants UFC to be WWE, then that's what it's gonna be. (not calling you dumb)

Well, i don't know any meth cookers, or how the drug is made, but you are missing the point, I have no problem with the drug stores not selling certain medications to potential drug seekers, My issue is what does your address on a VALID drivers license have to do with what address is on file for my called in prescriptions. In hindsight, if i never changed my address on file there would never have been an issue in the first place.
I'll answer your question. Because they track those purchases and you can only purchase a certain amount. I don't know the specific amount so let's say the limit is 3.

So because of the mix up in addresses you could've bought 3 boxes of sudafed/sinus meds using the old/"fake" address and then brought your valid, real ID and try and buy another 3 and attempt to game the system for a total of 6 boxes.

Hopefully you never have to go through an experience like that again.

The private equity valuation of a company has no bearing on fighters literally being THE PRODUCT.
Fighters can't complain at all because Dana and Co will simply blackball them out of the league.
If the fighters were the only product they would be able to sell their product to whoever pays them their value. And we would watch them wherever they went.

Plenty of fighters complain without getting blackballed out of the promotion.

So if all the champs and top fighters went on strike and refused to fight until the bottom line was raised (like min 20K/20K) you think the UFC could just black ball all their stars? There's a reason DW took care of the heads of the fighter association. It's one thing if they lower tier fighters are threatening striking and talking about forming a union it's a completely different story when your stars and heavy hitters start talking that way.

And I'm not talking about valuation. I'm talking about WME having to pay bills. If WME defaults on their loan or folds because of 1 of 1000 reasons there's no UFC and there's no fighters getting paid.

Regardless of Ali act, it can simply be a matter of "do the customers give a shit enough that a lower quality product with exploited fighters will affect their choice to support our product financially?"
If the average dumb as shit joe wants UFC to be WWE, then that's what it's gonna be. (not calling you dumb)
What does wwe have to do with it?

Mechanics, bouncers, bartenders, and grocery bagmen. MMA always has the most elite athletes.

I mean, I'm always on the "fighters should get paid more" side but, all y'all just heard of this guy yesterday.

When exactly was his paycheck supposed to blow up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back