Do you care about your siblings' financial stability?

Bornstarch

Holy Paladin
@Brown
Reaction score
My older sister isn't doin so good financially and it greatly bothers me. Having a 7 year old niece living in the same environment makes it much worse. I send her money often to help ease her situation. The pandemic shutdown bankrupted her business permanently and she's on the verge of losing her home. She lives in California where living expenses are super expensive. I don't want her and my niece having to move to some ghetto apartment, so I've been helping her cover her mortgage. Her husband also lost his job because of the shutdown.

damn man, very sorry to hear that. yes, i definitely care about my sibling's financial situation. my middle brother was in need of money earlier this year, and i was more than happy to help. that's what family is for.

Yes. Fortunately we are all OK but I have a cousin I'm close with who I worry about. No one knows what he does or where he lives exactly which is pretty strange considering I see him just about every week when he comes over to play games. Lately he has been calling me needing a ride like his car was broken and he couldn't pay to fix it

Last edited:
Not really

Sister worth millions.
Dipshit brother lives in gov subsidised housing.

Same start to life.

Can they move in with you?

They can, we have 2 spare bedrooms we don't use. But the economy here is worse than California's. No jobs available. I've been making her house payments and hopefully she can find something.

Yep. My family is an army of support. If someone goes down a bad financial path, they'll be fine.

nah they will be good they work for very stable companies and make more than I do
even in covid era they got work. the only concern is they have lunglets(manlet of lungs) due to their asthma so covid might be a problem for them. I was born with regular strong AF non-lunglets so Covid won't really do anything to me*breathes in deep AF* swole chest expands.

Yep. My family is an army of support. If someone goes down a bad financial path, they'll be fine.

I think there is something really commendable about families banding together and helping to elevate one another in tough times.

Remind me where in California she's at. Just curious.

My sibling is well-off, so no real concerns.

I think there is something really commendable about families banding together and helping to elevate one another in tough times.

Family comes first. Simple rule to live by. Without family, you ain't got shit. Ain't nobody in my family gonna have shit, because they are my family. Once you lose that connection, dark paths follow. I'll go broke supporting family and die happily knowing I did all I could.

There are lines of course. I'm not letting a crack addict take advantage of me even if they're my sister, but I will pay for their rehab if they need it.

My older sister isn't doin so good financially and it greatly bothers me. Having a 7 year old niece living in the same environment makes it much worse. I send her money often to help ease her situation. The pandemic shutdown bankrupted her business permanently and she's on the verge of losing her home. She lives in California where living expenses are super expensive. I don't want her and my niece having to move to some ghetto apartment, so I've been helping her cover her mortgage. Her husband also lost his job because of the shutdown.
You’re a good brother. It helps that she’s not a dead beat and didn’t cause this situation.

I found out my siblings were living off my parents when I had to take over my parents finances as they got older. After my parents died, my siblings expected me to"lend" them money.

Fortunately, I'll never have to help my sister out financially as she's a bigwig regional something or other with AAA back in Buffalo & she's married to an even bigger bigwig with AAA on the national level. So, they're rolling in dough. They both tried to get me to take a job with the company about five years ago but I wasn't interested. I'd have made bank but I hate being in charge of groups of other people as it's just not my forte. So, I turned it down which created a rift between my sister, her husband & me.

The rift also stemmed from some other family drama issues having to do with our sister's funeral. Which was rather trivial in retrospect but you know how those things can spiral out of control. So, as it stands now, we haven't spoken since 2015 & I don't see the silence ending any time soon as my sister is a grudgeholder.

I found out my siblings were living off my parents when I had to take over my parents finances as they got older. After my parents died, my siblings expected me to"lend" them money.
out of curiosity, why wasnt the money divided up between you and your siblings when your parents passed away??

I do care deeply about both family and friends, and if it's within my power I will help them, as long as they are really trying to do the best they can.

Nope. My sister is stupid with money. Always has been, always will be. She has no idea how much money I make and I plan to keep it that way.

Australia's safety nets will catch her if she falls

Fortunately, I'll never have to help my sister out financially as she's a bigwig regional something or other with AAA back in Buffalo & she's married to an even bigger bigwig with AAA on the national level. So, they're rolling in dough. They both tried to get me to take a job with the company about five years ago but I wasn't interested. I'd have made bank but I hate being in charge of groups of other people as it's just not my forte. So, I turned it down which created a rift between my sister, her husband & me.

This is something other people don't get. I don't want to run a fucking business. My pops still keeps sending me Jack Ma quotes. When my family's current predicament was because of him.

Back