Social San Diego Teachers forced to attend White Privilege training

It goes both ways.

I never see an outpouring of understanding for the torrent of abuse white people are subject to all the time. It’s just a given.

The fact that a book called “White Fragility” was able to be published in the first place just shows you the double standard. Ridiculous.
You see it all of the time. You must be applying a very selective memory.

Also, doesn't the irony of complaining about a book called "White Fragility" seem strikingly obvious to you?

I'll help. The author is white. She is commenting about the white psyche and white people's difficulty discussing race issues. Meanwhile you're alleging a lack of understanding for the abuse that white people are suffering. But here you have a white person that you, and others, have constantly directed abuse towards just because you don't like her opinions. All the while demonstrating the very thing that she claims it happening.

Whenever I see someone refer to a progressive white person as a soyboy or claim that another white person hates themselves or whatever, isn't that a torrent of abuse being directed at a white person? Or is that acceptable white abuse to you?

I mean - I don't want to call you a hypocrite but there's an awful lot of white abuse that you engage in yourself and even more that you seem to condone. Why is that?

Come on man. Nothing but trendy feel-good bullshit by some out of touch liberals in the academia.
You know it and I know it that this is all irrelevant.
Actually, I know the opposite and you do too.

This is just posturing for the internet on your part. What I don't know is why you do it.

What's baffling across the board is why White Americans don't revolt at this point, regarding of politics.
Now now.
Son of a gun.
Now wait just a minute!
Listen here buddy!!
<{cuts}>

I'm not in the slightest bit surprised. I mentioned this in another thread, the priorities of the California school system are completely fucked up. Believe me when I tell you guys this is nothing. These aren't schools anymore, they're indoctrination centers.
You exaggerate.
Retard University

has a good program, but I heard

Low iq moron state university

also has a solid program as well

You’ll probably fit in regardless which one is it.
i signed up and they accepted me when they saw I almost graduated from Trump University

You exaggerate.

i signed up and they accepted me when they saw I almost graduated from Trump University

Did you go to school under LAUSD or another major school district in California in the last 10-15 years? If not then you have no clue what you're talking about.

Also, doesn't the irony of complaining about a book called "White Fragility" seem strikingly obvious to you?

I'll help. The author is white. She is commenting about the white psyche and white people's difficulty discussing race issues. Meanwhile you're alleging a lack of understanding for the abuse that white people are suffering. But here you have a white person that you, and others, have constantly directed abuse towards just because you don't like her opinions. All the while demonstrating the very thing that she claims it happening.

Whenever I see someone refer to a progressive white person as a soyboy or claim that another white person hates themselves or whatever, isn't that a torrent of abuse being directed at a white person? Or is that acceptable white abuse to you?

I mean - I don't want to call you a hypocrite but there's an awful lot of white abuse that you engage in yourself and even more that you seem to condone. Why is that?

Would you compare that to black people who are more conservative being called uncle Tom and sellout when they don't buy into every talking point of BLM? Maybe not EXACTLY apples to apples, but kind of? Like, it's time black voices are heard. Oh but wait...you aren't lockstep with our views on the world and this society? Well, then YOUR black voice really does not need to be heard...

This is right up public school teachers MO. They should all be happy as can be they get to take this class.

Did you go to school under LAUSD or another major school district in California in the last 10-15 years? If not then you have no clue what you're talking about.

I'm a member of the PTA at a LAUSD school. I get daily calls from Jackie Goldberg. However, yesterday the call was from Austin Beutner.

He said:
“Good evening this is Austin Butner. Superintendent of Los Angeles Unified. On Monday, December 7 we'll talk about the dangerously high level of cover in the Los Angeles area which cause us to immediately reduce the number of students and staff at schools. We'll reinforce our commitment to returning students to schools the safest way possible and we'll remind policy makers in Sacramento and Washington of the importance of a relief program for schools and the continuing need to provide a safety net for students and families we serve. The update will air at 8 am and again at 6pm on KCLS and can be found on Los Angeles Unified's website. Thank you for your continued patience and support. "

There are enough kids and parents at the high school community who lean right. California does lean left, but indoctrination center is a wild exaggeration.

Last edited:
Would you compare that to black people who are more conservative being called uncle Tom and sellout when they don't buy into every talking point of BLM? Maybe not EXACTLY apples to apples, but kind of? Like, it's time black voices are heard. Oh but wait...you aren't lockstep with our views on the world and this society? Well, then YOUR black voice really does not need to be heard...
Would I compare what about it? That people within a group have disagreements and use labels internally as shorthand for those disagreements? Sure, I guess that's a fair comparison.

But every time you guys make that claim about lockstep or whatever, it just underscores how out of touch you are. This debate has been happening within the black community for quite some time. Booker T. Washington and W.E. Dubois for example.

One black person calling another black person an Uncle Tom isn't silencing them. The people who make that claim tend to be outside the black community. The black community has a prevailing opinion on things but they've never taken the disagreements between those positions as anywhere near as divisive as white people (and particularly white conservatives) want to make it out as.

I've been reading about NXIVM lately and I find a major similarity here. Whenever anyone balked at taking another one of their expensive seminars/course (or for that matter if a woman was hesitant to become a slave in DOS) they would be told that the only reason they're hesitating is because of the personal problems that are holding back in life, that lead them to NXIVM in the first place. "Your fear of commitment is holding you from progressing in your life" or whatever bullshit. They always turn it around and try to make you feel like there's something wrong with you if you don't guzzle the koolaid.

Same with this white privilege, white fragility bullshit. Unless you agree that you were born a sinner, you're just "fragile" and you proved why it's so important that corporations and government agencies pay big money to these woke evangelists. The term "Kafka trap" has become a cliche but it certainly applies to this garbage.

Hey everyone... Let's shame people for the color of their skin even though we're expected to not do that to other groups of people.

How about just dont be racist and stop acting so fucking weird.

5f5753cd1ba54b98541da5ab
Maybe someone should send her some slim fast instead.

Would I compare what about it? That people within a group have disagreements and use labels internally as shorthand for those disagreements? Sure, I guess that's a fair comparison.

But every time you guys make that claim about lockstep or whatever, it just underscores how out of touch you are. This debate has been happening within the black community for quite some time. Booker T. Washington and W.E. Dubois for example.

One black person calling another black person an Uncle Tom isn't silencing them. The people who make that claim tend to be outside the black community. The black community has a prevailing opinion on things but they've never taken the disagreements between those positions as anywhere near as divisive as white people (and particularly white conservatives) want to make it out as.

I was referencing you pointing out the irony/hypocrisy of whites calling other whites that they disagree with names (ie, "abusing" them). "Soyboy" or whatever else. Meanwhile the same ones calling them those names are talking about whites being abused while doing it themselves. I made reference to blacks calling other blacks who disagree with them names as a comparison. Maybe they aren't "silencing" them, okay. They are certainly "abusing" them, if that's what name calling is.

Or is your contention maybe that there is a level of vitriol that exists with whites calling each other "soyboy" that's not there when blacks call each other "uncle Tom"?

I don't think the fact that black people have debated issues among themselves for a long time undermines this discussion at all. Currently, it absolutely feels like there's an expectation for black Americans to show that their views fall within a certain set of parameters. You have a wildly popular guy who happens to be the first black president in our country's history (and while a moderate, certainly not a conservative) being taken to task on social media for daring to say he wants police reform as opposed to police being defunded. Maybe it's more a byproduct of social media itself and the ease of getting opinions out there. Maybe I am out of touch, and 10 years ago he would have been treated the same way. But doesn't seem like it.

This is like a double-bind argument and is intellectually dishonest.

She writes a book called “white fragility” and any criticism of said book is dismissed as an example of white fragility. SMH.

I wouldn’t call it hypocrisy, I would call it tit-for-tat. Conservatives certainly take a lot of abuse, why not throw some mud back?

Last edited:
I was referencing you pointing out the irony/hypocrisy of whites calling other whites that they disagree with names (ie, "abusing" them). "Soyboy" or whatever else. Meanwhile the same ones calling them those names are talking about whites being abused while doing it themselves. I made reference to blacks calling other blacks who disagree with them names as a comparison. Maybe they aren't "silencing" them, okay. They are certainly "abusing" them, if that's what name calling is.

Or is your contention maybe that there is a level of vitriol that exists with whites calling each other "soyboy" that's not there when blacks call each other "uncle Tom"?

I don't think the fact that black people have debated issues among themselves for a long time undermines this discussion at all. Currently, it absolutely feels like there's an expectation for black Americans to show that their views fall within a certain set of parameters. You have a wildly popular guy who happens to be the first black president in our country's history (and while a moderate, certainly not a conservative) being taken to task on social media for daring to say he wants police reform as opposed to police being defunded. Maybe it's more a byproduct of social media itself and the ease of getting opinions out there. Maybe I am out of touch, and 10 years ago he would have been treated the same way. But doesn't seem like it.
Don't forget all the whites who have no problem calling other whites "white trash" Certainly it isn't the conservative lot that are doing it most of the time. I grew up poor without a father and drug addict mother and the only reason I finished school and didn't end up in prison is because my lower class grandparents took custody of me at twelve.

And yet, calling someone like me white trash when I was growing up is certainly acceptable by double standards right?

I don't think there's anything hypocritical about about whites calling other whites names vs black people doing the same. That other poster was alleging that no one cares about abuse being thrown at white people. I said that he had a selective memory because whenever he or others call other white people soyboys or whatever, people express understanding at the abuse being directed at those white people and defend them against the abuse. That's not the irony, that's just his ignorance and selective memory.

Or, in mockery of him, maybe he didn't realize that the things he said were also abuse and so didn't realize that when people defend white people against him, they are defending white people from abuse. That's ironic - that he doesn't realize that he's the person doing the abuse and so he's blind to how white people are supported against him.

The other bit of irony is that he's making this allegation while referencing a book called "White Fragility". Complaining about a book called white fragility while demonstrating an extremely fragile ego on the matter.

I'm going to completely disagree with you here. It feels like an expectation for black Americans to show that their views fall within a certain subset of parameters? Who does it feel like that to? Because Black Americans have been having this exact same debate for decades and, to my understanding, while black conservatives have always been the minority position, we've never felt compelled to show our views in limited parameters.

Everywhere that black Americans discuss these things, you have this exact same divide. We've been having this discussion in barber shops and bbq's forever. As I said in my prior post, it's white conservatives who insist that the debate ostracizes one group. But as I've said to you in previous posts, its because those people never cared what black Americans were doing or talking about. They didn't care what they said or did about violence until the part about police reached the national stage.

And they didn't care about the internal black debates on these issues until they started wanting more black votes at the national level. Now, every black person who agrees with them is a martyr to those people because they didn't know that those black positions have always existed and were always the minority position. Not ostracized but not new either. New to white people, not new to black people. But for white people who didn't know there were black conservatives, they treat them like an endangered species who need special protection when we don't.

As I say over and over again when it comes to black America - just because mainstream America wasn't paying attention doesn't mean something wasn't happening.

In many ways, social media has really highlighted just how much black culture, thought, politics, etc. was operating in the shadows and just how little mainstream white America paid attention to it.

Sounds like a lot of assumptions are being made based off the color of their skin. Here I thought we were trying to move away from doing such things in the US.

Correct. You "were" trying to do that.

Back