• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law U.S. executes Brandon Bernard

The principle is very simple here folks......if you willingly violate somebody else's SOLE human right (at the core, this is the only true "right", everything else is semantics) then you inherently forfeit your own.

There's no discussion here, it resolves itself in any form of logic applied.

Absolutely hilarious that the same people okay with dusting fetuses due to irresponsible actons are screaming to save barbaric murderers. You couldn't ever dream up this level of absurdity and lack of critical thinking if you tried.

So the US federal government just executed this guy this morning. What gets me is the gall of his lawyer and the celebrites who are protesting this.

This guy murdered a married couple two pastors who pulled over to give his accomplice a ride. They kidnapp the couple and Bernard burns these two to death after his friend shoots them.

And Trump/barr is the bad guy for carrying out the sentence?

I am not really for the death penalty but ALL the people on federal death row are just as bad. I don't understand how anyone can really take the moral high road over someone that murdered two people by lighting them on fire in a planned kidnapping.

Next up is a execution on Friday of a guy who murdered his two year old.
The Trump administration plans to continue its unprecedented series of post-election federal executions Friday by putting to death a Louisiana truck driver who severely abused his 2-year-old daughter for weeks in 2002, then killed her by slamming her head against a truck’s windows and dashboard.

https://www.al.com/news/2020/12/alf...me-2nd-federal-inmate-executed-in-2-days.html

If this were Kim Kardhsian's family do you think she would be crying forgivness?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55261224
He was one of five teenagers accused of robbing the pair and forcing them into the boot of their car in Texas.

They were shot as they lay in the boot by 19-year-old accomplice Christopher Vialva before Bernard set the car alight.

Defence lawyers say both of the Bagleys probably died before the car was set on fire, and an independent investigator hired by the defence said Stacie had been "medically dead" before the fire.

However, government testimony during the trial said that although Todd Bagley had died instantly, Stacie had had soot in her airway, signalling that she had died from smoke inhalation and not the gunshot wound.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-set-execute-brandon-bernard-200824383.html

Bernard was sentenced to death for his role in a robbery plot carried out by a group of friends between the ages of 15 and 19 on a remote stretch of the Fort Hood military reservation near Killeen, Texas. The victims, Todd and Stacie Bagley, married youth pastors who were white, were kidnapped and shot in the heads before the car they were in was set on fire, according to court documents.

“Tonight, those of us who love Brandon Bernard — and we are many — are full of righteous anger and deep sadness at the actions of the federal government in taking his life. Brandon’s life mattered. To us, his legal team; to his two beautiful and talented daughters; to his mother, brother, and sister; and to the countless people around the country who came to know him and his story in recent weeks," Bernard's attorney Robert C. Owen said Thursday night.

In addition, reality television star Kim Kardashian West, who has championed criminal justice causes, again asked her millions of followers on social media this week to appeal to Trump to commute Bernard's sentence. She tweeted earlier Thursday that she had been "crying all morning" before hearing of the appeals court's decision.

This is tough. I’m against the death penalty in principle but I can’t bring myself to argue for mercy for any of these dirtbags. Will just have to let my ideological position stand on its own.

This is tough. I’m against the death penalty in principle but I can’t bring myself to argue for mercy for any of these dirtbags. Will just have to let my ideological position stand on its own.
Avatar does not check out here sir!

Joke’s on you. That AV is in tribute to Stanley Kubrick not Ermey
That's odd, you're name is in similar reference to the character in your avatar and nothing about Kubrick can be seen anywhere. Joke is on everybody, evidently.

If you cant live outside of womb, you are still a fetus.

According to conservative logic, if you have a death penalty you are murdering innocent sperm cells
What stages of pregnancy should abortion be legal at?

Reactions: THC
That's odd, you're name is in similar reference to the character in your avatar and nothing about Kubrick can be seen anywhere. Joke is on everybody, evidently.

sighs...

Really? Nothing about Kubrick?

Using death penalty in 21th century is absurd.

1st theres always possibly of executing an innocent person

2nd government should never have the power to decide who lives and dies.

3rd it’s just a barbaric way of dealing with criminals.

If the death penalty is used, I'd prefer if it was used in clear-cut cases where the guy is a homicidal, unrepentant maniac, whose crimes are of such an outrageous level of brutality that they can only be considered as irredeemable. Serial killers, mass murderers, child-killers, murderer-rapists, etc.

This seemed to be a case where another person was the primary killer. Nobody's going to miss any of the men involved, but I wouldn't necessarily advocate death penalty in cases like this.

sighs...

Really? Nothing about Kubrick?
You're going to sit there and tell me off a friendly quip that you believe most people think Stanley Kubrick when they see a picture of Gunnery Sargeant Hartman and the name Gunny?

Sigh indeed sir. Have a nap.

Imagine me having an avatar of Tom Cruise from BOTFOJ and a nickname called Ronny........somebody makes a friendly joke about Ronny and my response is "Jokes on you. Avatar is a tribute to Oliver Stone."

<Varys01>

You're going to sit there and tell me off a friendly quip that you believe most people think Stanley Kubrick when they see a picture of Gunnery Sargeant Hartman and the name Gunny?

Sigh indeed sir. Have a nap.

Honestly what people think is entirely besides the point. I was telling you in a joking way what I thought when I created the theme (14 years ago). And it’s hardly worth an argument for goodness sake.

Honestly what people think is entirely besides the point. I was telling you in a joking way what I thought when I created the theme (14 years ago). And it’s hardly worth an argument for goodness sake.
Precisely. Rather than take my quip at face value as a reference to Hartman's character, you felt the need to deflect and give me some history lesson on your profile motivations.

Have a beer bud it's the weekend.

Back