• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Law U.S. executes Brandon Bernard

Hmm, rational? Meaning any rational person would agree? I'm not sure how rational it is to kill someone who almost certainly was too poor to afford a good lawyer when good council would likely have avoided the death penalty for their client.

Is it rational to spank your child? is it rational for someone else to spank your child when he/she is out of line?
Once you desecrate a body and potentially have someone still breathing when you light the car you stuffed them in on fire even some of the best attorneys the only thing they could get you is life without parole and that's only if you plea down.

You go to trial with a fact pattern like that you're likely screwed.

Once you desecrate a body and potentially have someone still breathing when you light the car you stuffed them in on fire even some of the best attorneys the only thing they could get you is life without parole and that's only if you plea down.

You go to trial with a fact pattern like that you're likely screwed.

Yeah but if you have money more than likely you get life. Rich people don't get the death penalty for the most part.

Me and Kim KW I guess. Kinda sad when I'm on her side.

I just don't like killing anything. I release outside most bugs and lizards I catch in my house rather than squish them.
I flush them down the toilet.

But my who cares was in regard to his circumstances growing up. I literally don't care WHY people commit a crime like this. It doesn't matter. If you are willing to shoot innocent good Samaritans by tricking them into stopping to give you a drive and then burning one of them alive, you are beyond the pale.

Ted Bundy had a million excuses and explanations to stall his death penalty too.

Is this what is considered acceptable in the WR? I’m just trying to gauge what calls of death and violence are acceptable to the mods here.

Apparently reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Where did I call for them to be killed violently?

All I said was "the sooner they die, the better." That's not against the rules. Then I pointed out how ironic it would be if it was by a violent, no-bail offender.

You know, like the 3 time deportee illegal who stabbed 5 people, killing 2, last week and was released because Commiefornia loves when their own citizens are murdered, rather than enforce immigration law and hold them for ICE.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-multiple-people-stabbed-california-church-74352914

You should probably work on your reading comprehension skills.

Cry more.

Last edited:
Yeah but if you have money more than likely you get life. Rich people don't get the death penalty for the most part.
Rich people also have a defense attorney able to convince their client to take a plea.

The moment this went to trial his fate was sealed if he was found guilty. It's the nature of the death penalty, it's reserved for the most heinous shit and in this instance where you have a guy that burned the bodies and one of the victim's might not have been techincally dead and thus was burned alive?.....

Why are you going to trial?

Why do you think this guy is getting high profile attention? I'm not following the case but I imagine he must be if celebrities are talking about it (and you are making the thread)

Edit Ok so I googled the case and you are misrepresenting it. The ringleader of these teens shoots both of the people. One is definitely dead, so no he categorically didn't burn both of them death. They are both shot by Vialva and appear dead so Bernard thought he was hiding evidence by burning dead bodies, although there is evidence the woman was still breathing when burned. Bernard appeared repentant and apparently a model prisoner that started knitting clubs and shit. What he did wasn't really different from Jesse Rugge who got out on parole after 11 years. So yeah I can see why people might think had things been a little different, different lawyer or not.

That is his story. What the government could prove is she was still alive after being shot and died due to being burned i.e. of smoke inhalation.

Please note she is not in law school. She is "studying" under her personal lawyers.

If you are wondering what this is my friend is one of the handful of lawyers that have done this route.

https://ehlinelaw.com/blog/become-lawyer-law-degree

That actually makes me feel worse, not better. Any dipshit can start law school with a decent enough gpa and LSAT score, but if she actually successfully gets admitted to the California bar I quit.

That is his story. What the government could prove is she was still alive after being shot and died due to being burned i.e. of smoke inhalation.
They proved that her lungs were still working some, sure. But she was shot in the head. The most parsimonious explaination is that she wasn't conscious and he assumed she was dead. Even if you don't accept that which is fine, there is still a lot of daylight between the facts of the case and concluding he intentionally burned a conscious woman to death to torture her. You can't claim this guy is the worst of the worst, its a pretty routine accomplice to murder case. The details of the case are completely consistent with being a teen that got involved with the wrong shitheads and did something worth serious jail time.

They proved that her lungs were still working some, sure. But she was shot in the head. The most parsimonious explaination is that she wasn't conscious and he assumed she was dead. Even if you don't accept that which is fine, there is still a lot of daylight between the facts of the case and concluding he intentionally burned a conscious woman to death to torture her. You can't claim this guy is the worst of the worst, its a pretty routine accomplice to murder case. The details of the case are completely consistent with being a teen that got involved with the wrong shitheads and did something worth serious jail time.

He knew she was still alive.
https://suburbanchicagoland.com/202...and-vicious-murderers-should-be-put-to-death/
“According to Brown, Stacie’s last words were “Jesus loves you” and “Jesus, take care of us.” Vialva crudely cussed at her in reply. Vialva put on his mask, and told Lewis to open the trunk. Vialva then shot Todd in the head with the .40 caliber gun, killing him instantly. Vialva shot Stacie in the right side of her face, knocking her unconscious, but not killing her. Bernard set the car on fire. An autopsy later revealed that Stacie died from smoke inhalation.”

this is a link to a court opinon
https://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-5th-circuit/1447498.html

That actually makes me feel worse, not better. Any dipshit can start law school with a decent enough gpa and LSAT score, but if she actually successfully gets admitted to the California bar I quit.

They made the bar easier this year and she has plenty of money for tutors. But come on she is actually going to be in court.

Apparently reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Where did I call for them to be killed violently?

All I said was "the sooner they die, the better." That's not against the rules. Then I pointed out how ironic it would be if it was by a violent, no-bail offender.

You know, like the 3 time deportee illegal who stabbed 5 people, killing 2, last week

You should probably work on your reading comprehension skills.

Cry more.

Claiming we’d be better off if an innocent family would all be dead and then explaining a situation in which you would find of funny if they died is vailed call for violence. It also shows what a bad guy you are. After reading some of your other posts that fact is even more abundantly clear.

Last edited:
Claiming we’d be better off if an innocent family would all be dead and then explaining a situation in which you would find of funny if they died is vailed call for violence. It also shows what a bad guy you are. After reading some of your other posts that fact is even more abundantly clear.

Again, learn to read.

Ironic =/= funny, which is why they are 2 different words.

Keep crying, fill me another bucket of tears.

Africans born outside of Africa.

Yeah I looked it up, interesting dynamics. As an Italian American who's married to an actual Italian I learned very quickly not to call myself one around her family. The funny thing is a lot of Italian Americans still have a chip against 'white Americans', we still have words for non Italian white people like midigon, but we aren't even considered Italian by Italians. I speak fluent Italian as well and still get looked at weird in Italy because my accent is off.

I think this kind of stuff exists in every immigrant community, people are immediately suspicious of people who leave the motherland, like why would you do that?

Again, learn to read.

Ironic =/= funny, which is why they are 2 different words.

Keep crying, fill me another bucket of tears.

I doubt you’d feel the same if the same was said about you and your children. Stop being a bad guy and you wouldn’t get all out.

I doubt you’d feel the same if the same was said about you and your children. Stop being a bad guy and you wouldn’t get all out.

Unlike the Kartrashians, I don't support murderers, illegal immigration or the release of violent criminals or people with ICE detainers.

I'm sure you do though, and I'm sure you would feel just great if Kate Steinle was your sister or one of the mass stabbing victims was a relative of yours, but who cares, right? Nobody you knew, so it doesn't matter.

How ironic that the supporters of murderers are also the children of the man who defended one of the most famous murderers in American history, O.J.Simpson.

"Oh noes, that poor murderer who shot people with his friends, and burned one of them to death is going to be deservedly executed for it. Surely, instead of supporting the victims, we should virtue signal for their disgusting murderer instead."

So, yes, the world will be a much better place when people like the Kartrashians are no longer polluting it.

Unlike the Kartrashians, I don't support murderers, illegal immigration or the release of violent criminals or people with ICE detainers.

I'm sure you do though, and I'm sure you would feel just great if Kate Steinle was your sister or one of the mass stabbing victims was a relative of yours, but who cares, right? Nobody you knew, so it doesn't matter.

How ironic that the supporters of murderers are also the children of the man who defended one of the most famous murderers in American history, O.J.Simpson.

"Oh noes, that poor murderer who shot people with his friends, and burned one of them to death is going to be deservedly executed for it. Surely, instead of supporting the victims, we should virtue signal for their disgusting murderer instead."

So, yes, the world will be a much better place when people like the Kartrashians are no longer polluting it.

All of this because I think you’re a bad guy for your desire for an innocent family to die.

The pope favors commuting death sentences. Is the world better off if the pope was dead? What about Catholics that oppose the death penalty them too?

Last edited:
All of this because I think you’re a bad guy for your desire for an innocent family to die.

The pope favors commuting death sentences. Is the world better of if the pope died at the hands of a violent criminal too?

The Pope has absolutely ZERO moral ground to stand on. The entire church diddles little boys and then tries to sweep it under the rug, for decades, probably centuries. They are lucky that they don't die at the hands of a very pissed off father. Thrice deported, dumbocrat-no-bail released, violent illegal alien criminals need not apply.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases

Some delicious tidbits:

"From 2001 to 2010, the Holy See examined sex abuse cases involving about 3,000 priests, some of which dated back fifty years."

And...

"In 2018, referring to a particular case in Chile, Pope Francis accused victims of fabricating allegations,[20] but by April, was apologizing for his "tragic error"[21] and by August, was expressing "shame and sorrow" for the tragic history."

ZERO moral ground to lecture, or even speak, to anyone.

The Pope has absolutely ZERO moral ground to stand on. The entire church diddles little boys and then tries to sweep it under the rug, for decades, probably centuries. They are lucky that they don't die at the hands of a very pissed off father. Thrice deported, dumbocrat-no-bail released, violent illegal alien criminals need not apply.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases

Some delicious tidbits:

"From 2001 to 2010, the Holy See examined sex abuse cases involving about 3,000 priests, some of which dated back fifty years."

And...

"In 2018, referring to a particular case in Chile, Pope Francis accused victims of fabricating allegations,[20] but by April, was apologizing for his "tragic error"[21] and by August, was expressing "shame and sorrow" for the tragic history."

ZERO moral ground to lecture, or even speak, to anyone.

So you think the world would be better off if the pope was dead then? What about Catholics against the death penalty?

What about people that hope for the death of innocent people? Do they have a moral high ground? Would the world be better off is they were dead?

I personally don’t think the world is better off if innocent people die. For that reason I am morally opposed to the death penalty. There is too great of a risk of an innocent person being put to death. I believe that it is also selectively, and unfairly enforced. I have provided evidence of this fact earlier in this thread.

Last edited:
so you agree with me?

are you more of the "life imprisonment is punishment enough" type?

do you believe the death penatly is antiquated and no civilized society should have such a thing?

From a purely financial standpoint, it costs less to sentence them to life.

But my main objection would be that the justice system is flawed. We have executed hundreds of innocent people. As long as we have that imperfection, we should not have the death penalty.

Back