Law U.S. executes Brandon Bernard

He knew she was still alive.
https://suburbanchicagoland.com/202...and-vicious-murderers-should-be-put-to-death/
“According to Brown, Stacie’s last words were “Jesus loves you” and “Jesus, take care of us.” Vialva crudely cussed at her in reply. Vialva put on his mask, and told Lewis to open the trunk. Vialva then shot Todd in the head with the .40 caliber gun, killing him instantly. Vialva shot Stacie in the right side of her face, knocking her unconscious, but not killing her. Bernard set the car on fire. An autopsy later revealed that Stacie died from smoke inhalation.”

this is a link to a court opinon
https://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-5th-circuit/1447498.html
Dude I am pretty sure you are a reasonably smart guy. Where in your quote is ANY evidence inconsistent with him thinking she was already dead. She was shot in the fucking head. Do you think the kid took the time to check her pulse?

From a purely financial standpoint, it costs less to sentence them to life.

But my main objection would be that the justice system is flawed. We have executed hundreds of innocent people. As long as we have that imperfection, we should not have the death penalty.

Good post

Looks like another piece of shit was executed

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...0th-inmate-executed-Trump-administration.html

I like what the family says here and I agree:

a statement from other members of the toddler's family after the execution described Bourgeois as a 'monster' saying she 'lost her life brutally to a monster who lived for 18 years after the crime.'
'Now we can start the process of healing. It should not have taken 18 years for us to receive justice for our angel. She will forever be loved and missed

Imagine trying to virtue signal for a piece of shit like this.

I think many people (not you necessarily) focus more on the compassion for the person being executed, rather that the victims he murdered.
It's not about compassion for the murderer but how state sponsored execution reflects on our society.

Dude I am pretty sure you are a reasonably smart guy. Where in your quote is ANY evidence inconsistent with him thinking she was already dead. She was shot in the fucking head. Do you think the kid took the time to check her pulse?

Who gives a shit? Is this your argument for why he should've received clemency, or something?

"Well your honor, my client thought the bullet to her face had killed her. Otherwise, he might've thought twice before setting the car on fire in an effort to destroy evidence."

The death penalty is gay as is anyone who supports it.

As opposed to shooting an innocent couple who tried to help you, then lighting a car on fire with them in it, or murdering your 2 year old daughter by slamming her head into a car windshield? The death penalty is a far more civilized death than these scumbags gave their victims.
Ya personally I'd prefer a system where the victim's family decides if the murderer and his accomplices die and if they choose to let the convict live then they should receive a life sentence with no parole. The death penalty is not barbaric imo. We put down animals all the time when they aren't capable of living safely with humans, why shouldn't we do the same for humans who have deemed themselves unfit for society?

so you agree with me?

are you more of the "life imprisonment is punishment enough" type?

do you believe the death penatly is antiquated and no civilized society should have such a thing?
He'd rather 100's of thousands be spent on scum like this to sit in prison for 50 years.

why is death penalty barbaric? If you walked in on someone who had just torured and murdered your family, you wouldnt kill that person? Obviously it should only be used in heinous crimes where guilt is certain.

And back to KK, fuck her. Shes fighting for the release of lots of people on death row, she doesnt even seem to care about guilt, just anti death penalty to the point the victims have to further deal with her dumbass and other celebs crying over the person who committed the crimes that ruined their lives
Homecheese wouldn't even begin to defend himself or his family. He'd lay on the floor and ask the criminal to make it quick.

So the US federal government just executed this guy this morning. What gets me is the gall of his lawyer and the celebrites who are protesting this.

This guy murdered a married couple two pastors who pulled over to give him and his friends a ride. As shown in the article at the bottom this couple made a habit of helping troubled youth. They kidnap the couple and Bernard burns these two to death after his friend shoots them.

And Trump/barr is the bad guy for carrying out the sentence?

I am not really for the death penalty but ALL the people on federal death row are just as bad. I don't understand how anyone can really take the moral high road over someone that murdered two people by lighting them on fire in a planned kidnapping.

Next up is a execution on Friday of a guy who murdered his two year old.
The Trump administration plans to continue its unprecedented series of post-election federal executions Friday by putting to death a Louisiana truck driver who severely abused his 2-year-old daughter for weeks in 2002, then killed her by slamming her head against a truck’s windows and dashboard.

https://www.al.com/news/2020/12/alf...me-2nd-federal-inmate-executed-in-2-days.html

If this were Kim Kardhsian's family do you think she would be crying forgivness?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55261224
He was one of five teenagers accused of robbing the pair and forcing them into the boot of their car in Texas.

They were shot as they lay in the boot by 19-year-old accomplice Christopher Vialva before Bernard set the car alight.

Defence lawyers say both of the Bagleys probably died before the car was set on fire, and an independent investigator hired by the defence said Stacie had been "medically dead" before the fire.

However, government testimony during the trial said that although Todd Bagley had died instantly, Stacie had had soot in her airway, signalling that she had died from smoke inhalation and not the gunshot wound.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-set-execute-brandon-bernard-200824383.html

Bernard was sentenced to death for his role in a robbery plot carried out by a group of friends between the ages of 15 and 19 on a remote stretch of the Fort Hood military reservation near Killeen, Texas. The victims, Todd and Stacie Bagley, married youth pastors who were white, were kidnapped and shot in the heads before the car they were in was set on fire, according to court documents.

“Tonight, those of us who love Brandon Bernard — and we are many — are full of righteous anger and deep sadness at the actions of the federal government in taking his life. Brandon’s life mattered. To us, his legal team; to his two beautiful and talented daughters; to his mother, brother, and sister; and to the countless people around the country who came to know him and his story in recent weeks," Bernard's attorney Robert C. Owen said Thursday night.

In addition, reality television star Kim Kardashian West, who has championed criminal justice causes, again asked her millions of followers on social media this week to appeal to Trump to commute Bernard's sentence. She tweeted earlier Thursday that she had been "crying all morning" before hearing of the appeals court's decision.

These people's lives mattered and I just think its sick that their murderer is being portrayed as a victim. That is just a snippet of the article there is a lot more about them in the article.
60dec53b-f56b-478b-8d33-22355960760a-bagley_mug.png

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...-killed-brandon-bernard-execution/3893292001/
Todd and Stacie Bagley: What we know about the Iowa couple killed in Brandon Bernard's case
Bernard said Stacie's final words were “Jesus, take care of us” and "Jesus loves you."

The couple met in Texas
Todd, 26, and Stacie, 28, were in Killian, Texas, to attend church revival meetings. But it wasn't their first time in the state — the couple met in Texas when Todd was stationed in Fort Hood, an Army Post in Killeen. Stacie, originally from Newbern, Tennessee, sang in the choir at Grace Christian Church. She and Todd met through the church and worked together with its youth group.
They reached out to troubled youth
Todd and Stacie were familiar with talking to strangers from all walks of life: In Oskaloosa, they often met with troubled teens in parking lots and brought them to Jubilee Family Church, where they served as youth ministers.
It was no surprise to family and friends of the Bagleys that they would pick up the five young men — who ranged from 15 to 19 years old — when asked for a ride.

"It's not like they fell into it based on naivete," the Rev. Bill Tvedt of the Jubilee Family Church told the Des Moines Register in 2000. They were willing to help people."

Just curious, but what does Trump and Barr have to do with this situation? I'm not sure that they have any real say on state executions or when they are scheduled to go forward.

love it that 9 pages in the discussion is about whether the Kardashians should be executed lmao

Ya personally I'd prefer a system where the victim's family decides if the murderer and his accomplices die and if they choose to let the convict live then they should receive a life sentence with no parole. The death penalty is not barbaric imo. We put down animals all the time when they aren't capable of living safely with humans, why shouldn't we do the same for humans who have deemed themselves unfit for society?

I think the thing that defeats this argument this is the very real possibility of a wrongful execution.

We live in a state of imperfect information and the Death Penalty is the one sentence that you can't commute. The one sentence that you can't give compensation for when it's wrongfully passed.

There is no doubt that there are scumbags who, by their actions, deserve death. Society will be a better place if they were just killed.

But people have been executed because of malicious evidence, lack of the forensic ability to determine that they were innocent, and because of mob outcry. People have been executed for cultural reasons and then the culture changes and it's not a crime any more.

That is why no reasonable person can support the Death Penalty. Everybody is disgusted by somebody like Joseph DeAngelo - he absolutely deserves to be executed.

But it's wrong to do it, because it's wrong to have a process where innocent people can be put to death.

The sooner the Kartrashians die, the better.

How ironic if it was by the hands of one of these no-bail, repeat violent offenders.
Ya I'm fine with the death penalty in certain cases and I'm no fan of any Kardashian ( I'm not sure I've ever even heard one of them speak ) but your post is fucking disgusting , if you don't like what they say ignore them ffs

If you cant live outside of womb, you are still a fetus.

According to conservative logic, if you have a death penalty you are murdering innocent sperm cells
So even though a baby can survive being born extremely early, an 8 month old who hasn't been born yet isn't a human? More of that good ol' liberal logic.

I'm so confused about how my 15 year old nieces that were born premature are learning to drive. Technically, they aren't human.

Seems like nothing of value was lost by this POS being executed. My only problem with the death penalty is the chance of someone wrongfully convicted being executed, which I have no doubt has happened before in the US. That's not the case here so fuck this guy. He deserves the same amount of mercy that he showed that couple.

Back