• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Law U.S. executes Brandon Bernard

Using death penalty in 21th century is absurd.

1st theres always possibly of executing an innocent person
There is always the possibility of imprisoning or fining the wrong person. We can't shut the justice system down because in a very small minority of cases it gets the wrong answer.

2nd government should never have the power to decide who lives and dies.
Says who? What about in war?

3rd it’s just a barbaric way of dealing with criminals.
Barbary is coddling rapists and child murders and serial killers. Monsters should be executed.

Reactions: THC
Derp - I'm pro Life, but support death penalty

For all those scheduled for Death Penalty after Jan, Biden will pardon them.

He won't pardon them.

That would set them free.

I am going to guess you support abortion. You can take a seat.

THe evil of these henious criminals is justly punished. And their terrible souls are expunged from the earth. It should only take a year maximum.

What kind of person defends the evil demons among us. Who torture, rape and murder the innocent.

And then go on to openly celebrate an innocnet life of a child being torn to shreds a day before it's birth.

Mental illness

Moonlight is cold and kills things mother fucker. I know it was you!

Derp - I'm pro Life, but support death penalty

Yeah. Hypocrits! How can someone not see that an unborn baby is the exact same thing as a heinous murderer who burned someone alive in the trunk of a car!

Reactions: THC
There is always the possibility of imprisoning or fining the wrong person. We can't shut the justice system down because in a very small minority of cases it gets the wrong answer.

If new evidence comes out exonerating someone wrongfully convicted and they're spending life in prison they can be set free. You can't bring a wrongfully executed person back to life. That alone should be enough to get rid of state executions.

And keeping murders in prison for life isn't shutting down the justice system. It's altering, for the better as most other civilized countries have done.

Just imagine the woman that he killed. The last moments of her life were spent burning alive in the trunk of a car, bullet lodged in her mouth, next to her dead husband.

But he’s an African American. And we have a pic of him smiling. Surely, he should be released and given reparations for the time spent in jail because of one small mistake. Right?

but there’s obvious difference between fining and executing a wrong person...

when you fine, or even imprison, an innocent person, there’s always possibility of correcting the mistake.

you can’t correct executing an innocent person.

Says who? What about in war?

It’s not war....

It’s time of peace and the criminal is apprehended.

Barbary is coddling rapists and child murders and serial killers. Monsters should be executed.

putting someone in a prison cell is far from “coddling”.

Should prison sentence also include torture for it not to be considered “coddling”?

Normal anti death penalty bull shit.

Fuck justice for the victims they don't matter.

One of the reasons for jail time is to help rehabilitate. Some things you just can’t be rehabilitated from. In this case, there is no denying the criminal was at the scene, but that he actually killed the victims. The person who pulled the trigger, has been executed. It was argued that one of the victims was actually still alive when this guy tried to torch the evidence. We know that conservatives evidence gets tampered with or altered to get convictions even in recent events. 20 years ago in Texas, the chances are even more likely. This guy shouldn’t have been released from prison, but the evidence that was presented should have been looked at closer. Going back to my original thought on rehabilitation, if this criminal was able to help other criminals become better people, it may be more good than harm keeping him alive.

It's no coincidence that people who identify as "progressives" have no problem aborting human fetuses while simultaneously espousing the pro-life rights of murderers and violent criminals. Two things at play here: one is that the second aspect of virtue signalling for the murderer is a psychological barrier to cover for the first problem, knowing how absurd the paradox of their belief structure is. Secondly, there's an apathy at play, that flippantly casts aside the value of innocence and instead chooses to virtue signal on the idea of forgiveness for poor decision making.

Reactionary symbolism and child-like rationale vs pragmatic responsibility and logic.

This is the defective mind of the typical progressive in a nutshell.

So the US federal government just executed this guy this morning. What gets me is the gall of his lawyer and the celebrites who are protesting this.

This guy murdered a married couple two pastors who pulled over to give his accomplice a ride. They kidnapp the couple and Bernard burns these two to death after his friend shoots them.

And Trump/barr is the bad guy for carrying out the sentence?

I am not really for the death penalty but ALL the people on federal death row are just as bad. I don't understand how anyone can really take the moral high road over someone that murdered two people by lighting them on fire in a planned kidnapping.

Next up is a execution on Friday of a guy who murdered his two year old.
The Trump administration plans to continue its unprecedented series of post-election federal executions Friday by putting to death a Louisiana truck driver who severely abused his 2-year-old daughter for weeks in 2002, then killed her by slamming her head against a truck’s windows and dashboard.

https://www.al.com/news/2020/12/alf...me-2nd-federal-inmate-executed-in-2-days.html

If this were Kim Kardhsian's family do you think she would be crying forgivness?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55261224
He was one of five teenagers accused of robbing the pair and forcing them into the boot of their car in Texas.

They were shot as they lay in the boot by 19-year-old accomplice Christopher Vialva before Bernard set the car alight.

Defence lawyers say both of the Bagleys probably died before the car was set on fire, and an independent investigator hired by the defence said Stacie had been "medically dead" before the fire.

However, government testimony during the trial said that although Todd Bagley had died instantly, Stacie had had soot in her airway, signalling that she had died from smoke inhalation and not the gunshot wound.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-set-execute-brandon-bernard-200824383.html

Bernard was sentenced to death for his role in a robbery plot carried out by a group of friends between the ages of 15 and 19 on a remote stretch of the Fort Hood military reservation near Killeen, Texas. The victims, Todd and Stacie Bagley, married youth pastors who were white, were kidnapped and shot in the heads before the car they were in was set on fire, according to court documents.

“Tonight, those of us who love Brandon Bernard — and we are many — are full of righteous anger and deep sadness at the actions of the federal government in taking his life. Brandon’s life mattered. To us, his legal team; to his two beautiful and talented daughters; to his mother, brother, and sister; and to the countless people around the country who came to know him and his story in recent weeks," Bernard's attorney Robert C. Owen said Thursday night.

In addition, reality television star Kim Kardashian West, who has championed criminal justice causes, again asked her millions of followers on social media this week to appeal to Trump to commute Bernard's sentence. She tweeted earlier Thursday that she had been "crying all morning" before hearing of the appeals court's decision.

Good, I completely support the death penalty for several reasons. Some of these animals don't deserve to live after what they did. That's called justice. (Also the world is overpopulated). Some even admit if they get out they will kill again. What do you do in that case? The prison system doesn't work anyway. What a waste of tax dollars. Also many can't be rehabilitated, expecailly mass murderers. Ted Bundy escaped twice. Lastly, if I haven't convinced you, if someone killed my daughter, he wouldn't live.

I don't see the big deal about the death penaty. Imagine getting locked in a cell for 23 hours/day waiting sometimes 10yrs to be executed. I would think most prisoners would prefer suicide or a quick execution then waiting years to be executed.

Yeah. Hypocrits! How can someone not see that an unborn baby is the exact same thing as a heinous murderer who burned someone alive in the trunk of a car!
Derp - I'm Christian but I get to judge whether someone has the right to live, not God, derp

I fucking hate pussy ass liberals who want murderers and child rapists to live long happy lives.
Im sure conservatives said the same thing about the LGBTQ+ 10 years ago, and same thing with BIPOC 200 years ago

State enforced execution is the concept of an eye for an eye carried out by authority rather than the family as a means to maintain control and mitigate old practices of blood feud which would lead to even more deaths and the breaking of authority's laws and in effect usurping the ultimate authority of government, life and death itself. The practice is wrapped up in the trappings of Justice but is really at its heart just retribution by proxy.

Not that I have a problem with that either way.

You're going to sit there and tell me off a friendly quip that you believe most people think Stanley Kubrick when they see a picture of Gunnery Sargeant Hartman and the name Gunny?

Sigh indeed sir. Have a nap.
First thing I think about whenever I see Ermey in any form be it photo, video, movie role, interview etc is Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket.

Back