When GSP beat Hendricks :

Because I watched the fight...

He fell to his knees, face down after the knee. He rolled to his ass while Silva was celebrating, then back to his knees with his face to the mat and needed his corner to help him to the stool.

Google exists, use it.

He was obviously tired and looking for his mouthpiece.

Right. But again judgement call.. And what happened after? It was the correct judgement.. Results matter..
Right after has nothing to do with what happened after the round and how he reacted directly after the knee.

After taking a huge knee, falling to the mat, then not being able to get to your feet 15 seconds after the round ended with your corner needing to get you to your stool is more than enough for a ref, even an incompetent ref like Herb, to stop the fight.

That Hendricks may be the greatest WW of all time. Crazy wrestling, power, and chin, and solid boxing to back it up. He was the total package. And GSP at the end of his prime still beat him, if just barely. Then after USADA, Hendricks falls apart entirely while GSP becomes the MW champ.

Right after has nothing to do with what happened after the round and how he reacted directly after the knee.

After taking a huge knee, falling to the mat, then not being able to get to your feet 15 seconds after the round ended with your corner needing to get you to your stool is more than enough for a ref, even an incompetent ref like Herb, to stop the fight.
And had Mike come out very early in the next round and just gotten blasted by Silva. Got the shit beat out of him and violently stopped what you are saying would be correct in regards to the stoppage or the non-stoppage. But that’s not what happened. Like I said it’s a judgment call. The judgment is ultimately analyzed based on the results. Did the fighter recover? Yes. Did the fighter win the fight? Yes. The results MATTER!!

Refs judgement was sound.

And had Mike come out very early in the next round and just gotten blasted by Silva. Got the shit beat out of him and violently stopped what you are saying would be correct in regards to the stoppage or the non-stoppage. But that’s not what happened. Like I said it’s a judgment call. The judgment is ultimately analyzed based on the results. Did the fighter recover? Yes. Did the fighter win the fight? Yes. The results MATTER!!

Refs judgement was sound.
That's irrelevant... you can't play "what if" when someone can't get to their feet by their own power. That's a clear indication to stop the fight.

No, the ref did not. If there are grounds to stop a fight because a fighter can not get to their feet after a round, the ref should stop the fight.

At least you admitted there were grounds to stop the fight, you're making progress

I saw this fight about 2 years ago. I seem to remember Bisping arguing with the ref immediately after it happened. So he was obviously not knocked out, and was cognizant (I've seen people say that Bisping was unconscious). I don't remember exactly how long it took him to stand up, but 15 seconds sounds like way too long to me. And as they were debating the situation, the ref obviously felt he was still able to continue. And he must have got back to his feet quickly enough for the ref.

I honestly don't think you have an argument. Just opinions, that go against the ref, and or judges. Maybe you just haven't accepted the facts that the rest of the world has, because you don't like them. But facts don't care about feelings. They remain constant.

That's irrelevant... you can't play "what if" when someone can't get to their feet by their own power. That's a clear indication to stop the fight.
But was the judgment sound based on the end result? That’s all that matters. That’s how you analyze a judgment call. There is no other way to look at a judgement call..

I saw this fight about 2 years ago. I seem to remember Bisping arguing with the ref immediately after it happened. So he was obviously not knocked out, and was cognizant (I've seen people say that Bisping was unconscious). I don't remember exactly how long it took him to stand up, but 15 seconds sounds like way too long to me. And as they were debating the situation, the ref obviously felt he was still able to continue. And he must have got back to his feet quickly enough for the ref.

I honestly don't think you have an argument. Just opinions, that go against the ref, and or judges. Maybe you just haven't accepted the facts that the rest of the world has, because you don't like them. But facts don't care about feelings. They remain constant.
BINGO!!

God damn bro how bored were you to create this thread with such a shit OP just to get some replies and likes

After talking to Herb, he goes face down to the mat and his corner has to help him to the stool. That is grounds to stop the fight, and it absolutely was 10-15 seconds or longer.

Back