• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Błachowicz vs Izzy will depend a lot on the ref

Dacha

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
If fight gets to the ground, which likely will.
And Izzy stalls for a second, and ref stands them up for "inactivity", that would be biased refereeing imo because it may take more seconds to make progress or transition on the ground.

Thats kinda what happened against Vittori. Vitorri was going to finish Izzy on the ground if not for that ref.

Get Cecil Peoples out of retirement ASAP Aunty Dana!!!!

cecil650-2.jpg

And Izzy stalls for a second, and ref stands them up for "inactivity", that would be biased refereeing imo because it may take more seconds to make progress or transition on the ground.

Thats kinda what happened against Vittori. Vitorri was going to finish Izzy on the ground if not for that ref.
I think either Izzy dismantled him or Jan manages to land that one good bomb. Unlike Costa, Jan only needs one.
Nope. That polish dude has bigger muscles therefore he will win.
Hes a larger man in general.

Vettori never even passed Izzy's guard despite having minutes to work

Izzy will crush Jan and you will cry for the 5th time <45>

Isn’t this true with almost any fight?

Jan is gonna handle Izzy on the ground. This part of the fight is heavily overlooked. Jan has a very good wrestling and submission game when he applies a grappling focused gameplan. And Jan is gonna have a 20-25lb size edge here, that will be a factor once Jan starts working for TDs against the cage and gets top position.

Jan and his team aren't dumb. They know to focus on grappling for this fight. I am assuming neither is Izzy and his team, but even considering that, the edge still goes to Jan.

Are you saying that Jan is a LNP fighter? Which fights has he been in where he got a takedown but the fighters were stood up by the ref? The outcome may depend on the ref, but it is highly unlikely it will be due to having the fighters stand up.

You can say this about every fight tho. A bad ref will destroy the match. That said I am not paying 70$ dollars to watch a man lay on top of another and wiggle around. Either do effective grappling or damage or fuck off. Ive seen far too many refs willing to just let one fighter lay on top of another and win the fight via positional control. This is the Ultimate FIGHTING Championship, not Ultimate Laying Prone for long periods of time doing absolutley nothing trying to game the rules Championship.

Izzy has underrated grappling it seems but Jan will be a lot bigger. Jan should try and use this advantage since he will prob be a lot stronger and it will nullify Izzy's speed and technical striking advantage.

Jan's ability/willingness to check leg kicks will be a factor imo.

I believe this is something he is generally good at?

Ehh idk why you would say that. When was the last time Izzy was even taken down? That Vettori fight was a long time ago and Izzy is much more well rounded now. If Brunson had trouble taking him down then I don’t think Jan is that much of a threat. I admit I haven’t really watched many of Jan’s fights though.

Back