• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Błachowicz vs Izzy will depend a lot on the ref

You can say this about every fight tho. A bad ref will destroy the match. That said I am not paying 70$ dollars to watch a man lay on top of another and wiggle around. Either do effective grappling or damage or fuck off. Ive seen far too many refs willing to just let one fighter lay on top of another and win the fight via positional control. This is the Ultimate FIGHTING Championship, not Ultimate Laying Prone for long periods of time doing absolutley nothing trying to game the rules Championship.

Izzy has underrated grappling it seems but Jan will be a lot bigger. Jan should try and use this advantage since he will prob be a lot stronger and it will nullify Izzy's speed and technical striking advantage.

This is the quintessential Izzy fan, "Izzy has underrated grappling", have you trained with him how would you know?

Izzy is a striker with a purple belt, Jan is a grappler with a black belt. If Izzy gets taken down, the much bigger and stronger Jan will lay on him for as long as possible and inflict the maximum amount of damage before trying to submit him.

If Adesanya is going to win this fight he needs to not get taken down. This is like when Usman fought Masvidal and everyone with a brain said Masvidal cannot get taken down or its game over.

If fight gets to the ground, which likely will.
And Izzy stalls for a second, and ref stands them up for "inactivity", that would be biased refereeing imo because it may take more seconds to make progress or transition on the ground.

Thats kinda what happened against Vittori. Vitorri was going to finish Izzy on the ground if not for that ref.
this is absolutely what's gonna happen.
UFC basically WANT Adesanya to win and the ref is gonna know that, so.... as sad as it is...I predict too a premature "stand up guys" if the fight hits the ground.

This is very similar to the whole Conor thing (check the Khabib fight, he was allowed to cheat about 12 to 15times....). Corruption is sadly Alive and Well.

the bad stand up issue has reduced a lot in the past few years. I don't think we should have to worry about that in a championship fight, and I don't think Jan cares about taking him down anyway. Jan's gonna want to knock him out.

This is the quintessential Izzy fan, "Izzy has underrated grappling", have you trained with him how would you know?

Izzy is a striker with a purple belt, Jan is a grappler with a black belt. If Izzy gets taken down, the much bigger and stronger Jan will lay on him for as long as possible and inflict the maximum amount of damage before trying to submit him.

If Adesanya is going to win this fight he needs to not get taken down. This is like when Usman fought Masvidal and everyone with a brain said Masvidal cannot get taken down or its game over.
I think "Izzy has underrated grappling" is just a way of saying he's actually really hard to take down and hold down
He wouldn't have gotten to where he is if he were easy to take down

wait is Jan a grappler?i have rarely seen him offensive grappling

Izzy will make this look pretty easy

Im a fan of both. I love great fighters. No I have never traimed with Israel. Or any high level famous fighter for that matter.

I prefer Jan honestly. I want him to win. Only because I am not a gifted person. I have had to work hard for what I have. I feel like Jan is more like me. He is the quintessential workhorse that became successful because he worked his ass off and believed in himsef when no one else did.

I realize the fact many many people blindly hate Izzy for what he is outside of fighting. I do not care about that. Every one that faces him knows the recipe to beat him. Take him the fuck down. Do not let him use his imsanely technical striking. No one has been able to successfully come close. That is how I know his grappling is underrated. You even said it. His TDD is superb.

Jan has a better chance than anyone before that has faced Izzy. He can wrestle and grapple very well when he makes the deciaion to. Im.worried his pride will make this a beat the better mam at his own game fight. I hope he doesnt. He needs to get Iz down and destroy him with his awesome power amd bigger size. As you said he has to yourself.

Amd to clear it up Usman is just as good standing in the clinch as he is on the top. Neither is the place to hang with him. To beat him you need a plan like Colby and beat him standing or get him down. Getting him down is hard tho.

Vettori never even passed Izzy's guard despite having minutes to work

Izzy will crush Jan and you will cry for the 5th time <45>
Maybe, but don't sleep on Jan's weird grappling skills.

Izzy will be like a sniper vs Jan. His striking and footwork are on another level.

We need refs that stand fighters up fast

If fight gets to the ground, which likely will.
And Izzy stalls for a second, and ref stands them up for "inactivity", that would be biased refereeing imo because it may take more seconds to make progress or transition on the ground.

Thats kinda what happened against Vittori. Vitorri was going to finish Izzy on the ground if not for that ref.

talks about refs being bias then claims Vettori was going to finish Izzy on the ground.
<36>

If Jan tries to keep it on the ground Izzy will sub him.

talks about refs being bias then claims Vettori was going to finish Izzy on the ground.
<36>

Ikr, least most of us with more than half our brain cells intact, know for a fact that Vettori will never be champ, unless gifted an interm.

I was actually amazed of just how limited Vettori looked on the ground against Izzy. He was barely able to initiate any kind of action on the ground and Izzy never looked like he will have a hard time getting up, which he did. All that + getting absolutely schooled on feet. I don't know if Izzy was good grappler or was Vettori just overrated. Vettori was never close to finishing that fight on the ground by any stretch of imagination. I watched that fight many times and was always shocked to see how little Vettori did on ground. There was no judge bias of any kind, just a clean decision for Izzy (that split decision was big reach).

And yeah, Izzy vs Jan will not depend on the refs, especially not a lot. It will depend on who is better fighter. May the better one win.

Im a fan of both. I love great fighters. No I have never traimed with Israel. Or any high level famous fighter for that matter.

I prefer Jan honestly. I want him to win. Only because I am not a gifted person. I have had to work hard for what I have. I feel like Jan is more like me. He is the quintessential workhorse that became successful because he worked his ass off and believed in himsef when no one else did.

I realize the fact many many people blindly hate Izzy for what he is outside of fighting. I do not care about that. Every one that faces him knows the recipe to beat him. Take him the fuck down. Do not let him use his imsanely technical striking. No one has been able to successfully come close. That is how I know his grappling is underrated. You even said it. His TDD is superb.

Jan has a better chance than anyone before that has faced Izzy. He can wrestle and grapple very well when he makes the deciaion to. Im.worried his pride will make this a beat the better mam at his own game fight. I hope he doesnt. He needs to get Iz down and destroy him with his awesome power amd bigger size. As you said he has to yourself.

Amd to clear it up Usman is just as good standing in the clinch as he is on the top. Neither is the place to hang with him. To beat him you need a plan like Colby and beat him standing or get him down. Getting him down is hard tho.

I don't hate Izzy at all but his fans believe that anyone who points out Jan has a very real chance to take Izzys 0 is deemed a hater. Most of these 'fans' posting in this thread don't seems to know a lot about what they are watching, most refer to Jan as a striker, when the guy is and has always been a grappler.

Izzys fans are no less dogged or irrational than McGregors fanboys.

Back