• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Deontay Wilder vs Charles Martin PBC

Depends on how active he is going to be. If he only does this and tries to wait on AJ or Fury to come back around I agree.
However, if he's going to fight winner of Povetkin Whyte 2, Usyk, Parker (if he wins), or Ruiz this year too I'm ok with it.
He does need a confidence builder now more than ever.
Nah its a terrible fight regardless. He has no business fighting another bum. He could, at the very least, take a gatekeeper of some sort or an up and comer. Chisora, Hunter, Rivas. Hell fight Usyk even.

No real issue with this. He just took a beating, and Martin is on a bit of a run. Seems a sensible matchup for wilder. It’s a great opportunity if Martin can pull the upset

Depends on how active he is going to be. If he only does this and tries to wait on AJ or Fury to come back around I agree.
However, if he's going to fight winner of Povetkin Whyte 2, Usyk, Parker (if he wins), or Ruiz this year too I'm ok with it.

my thoughts exactly dude

1208082203.jpg.0.jpg fight.jpg maxresdefault.jpg never forget

Nah its a terrible fight regardless. He has no business fighting another bum. He could, at the very least, take a gatekeeper of some sort or an up and comer. Chisora, Hunter, Rivas. Hell fight Usyk even.

I really like all of those fights, except maybe usyk. I really want to see wilder vs hrgovic. Even though I’m not a fan of his, there’s so many fighters I’d like to see him in with.

Yeah I can read fact wilder is fighting him in his 45th fight and AJ in his 16th speaks volumes in terms of their records
So does the difference in level of opposition in both their losses by stoppage. . .

I have no qualms about Martin over a no hoper like Chisora... All those up and comers would be interesting and I dont think any of them are ruled out. The fact that Martin is so blah makes me think they have more legitimate competition in mind this year.
However, with the way covid cancels shit I would give him full blame if he doesn't fight a legit contender or top guy this year.
Dude looked like shit in his last fight . Recovering from surgery. Has some big time mental issues....A tune up may not be fan friendly but probably needs it if he wants to keep his career.

Not a bad reset. Not my first pick of opponent from the "top 10(s)" but i really wasnt expecting a Ruiz or winner of whyte/povetkin type of fight right off the bat anyway.

It's a good gauging fight to see where he's at if anything.

Martin might beat him.
Good chance Wilder comes out and is just not the same guy mentally.
Or he comes out and flattens Martin.
I don't know but they are the two worst HW champs in the last 10 years. That's for sure.

Charles Martin is no joke. Good fight.

If Wilder wins, I could see this leading up to a Andy Ruiz Jr fight at the later stage of 2021.

I think Ruiz faces the winner of the Helenius/Kownacki rematch in the summer. They desperately want Kownacki to win that rematch as he has a bit of a following in NY and has a marketable style.

Ruiz vs Kownacki would be an exciting fight with Andy edging it and ending the year vs Wilder.

These are all easy fights to make as they're under the same banner.

This will do a great job of getting the rust of Deontay. I think all 42secs before he knocks Martin's head into the stands is more than enough of a tune up for the top guys after this.

Putting a walking punching bag in front of Wilder, so he can regain his confidence again... Smart move.
What Wilder needs to do though is clear his technical flaws and level up his tactical game. If Martin goes down the moment he gets touched by Wilders right hand in round 1, it's not going to do much for Wilder.
He's 35, I doubt he's going to change up what worked for so long, especially given he's distaste for the hard truth in the last year.

Back