Elections Virginia man with fake ID, guns and 500 arounds of ammo arrested an wonders why he was arrested?

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
Virginia man "MAGA cult spotted?" Pulled up to a check point to ask for directions forgot he had enough arms to start a war in the back of his truck lol. He sounds like he shifted gears when he realized he made a huge mistake. I am sure this thread will be covered with similar I'm a nice guy stories at check points. Oh did I say he sorta fits the profile.

He’s a security guard ... and works there

Then he should have known his ID and driving around with hundreds of rounds of ammo would be a problem. I worked for the largest security firm in the US securitas and with pinkerton securitas people.

The level of detail goes into qualifying to even work such a detail you would have specific badges and have to go through screenings.

The fact he did not know his location and not had the correct badge for the event raises questions. He could have worked there before an thought he could have slid by security with his invalid badge.

Now they will have to research his story with his agency to find out what happened. There is no way a pinkerton trained security officer would have shown up the way this dude did it takes like 1 year before you could qualify for Capital work mostly for secret service contract work.

Pinkerton guys are some serious bad asses with a union pensions and make 6 figures. Reason why a lot of guys like this route flexibility an opportunity.

One of the pinkerton guys I worked with was armed and ended up with a 6 figure job within the companies fraud and theft department. I think he took the job because he saw the smoking hot female employees who worked there lol TJX Framingham hq.

"Pinkerton, founded as the Pinkerton National Detective Agency, is a private security guard and detective agency established in the United States by Scotsman Allan Pinkerton in 1850 and currently a subsidiary of Securitas AB.[1] Pinkerton became famous when he claimed to have foiled a plot to assassinate president-elect Abraham Lincoln, who later hired Pinkerton agents for his personal security during the Civil War.[2] Pinkerton's agents performed services ranging from security guarding to private military contracting work. The Pinkerton National Detective Agency hired women and minorities from its founding, a practice uncommon at the time.[3] Pinkerton was the largest private law enforcement organization in the world at the height of its power.["

Last edited:
That was sarcasm but we have seen what 100 rounds of ammo can do see Sandy Hook.
Sure. And we've seen what a truck can do as well. You can buy an SKS and 500 rounds of ammo for under $400 Canadian, so there's no sense in making it look like an exceptional amount except to sensationalize.

A guy with a fake ID and guns is enough to set off alarm bells.

Whatever, as a fellow American White, I simply can't sympathize with these roving hobbyist commandos getting themselves in trouble constantly.

Time to read the room and take it down a notch if you're running into snafus like these

I heard they really like CO's in prison. He'll be fine.

Virginia man "MAGA cult spotted?" Pulled up to a check point to ask for directions forgot he had enough arms to start a war in the back of his truck lol. He sounds like he shifted gears when he realized he made a huge mistake. I am sure this thread will be covered with similar I'm a nice guy stories at check points. Oh did I say he sorta fits the profile.

Different culture, hard to judge.

Gun owners have a responsibility to not “forget” they have guns and stockpiles of ammunition in their vehicle.

I won’t pretend to know what this guy’s motivation was, it could be a reckless mistake. But as a gun owner I can say that I’ve never simply forgotten where my guns are.

500 rounds is enough arms to start a war? That's an afternoon of plinking.

Unless this guy had a 10/22 in his vehicle, I doubt he was going plinking with 500 rounds. Look up some common ammo prices (9mm, .223,etc) and then tell me if you think 500 rounds is an average afternoon plinking.

Not accusing him of anything, but let’s also not pretend that this is a normal and appropriate thing to do. There’s a reason he’s in some trouble here.

Sure. And we've seen what a truck can do as well. You can buy an SKS and 500 rounds of ammo for under $400 Canadian, so there's no sense in making it look like an exceptional amount except to sensationalize.

A guy with a fake ID and guns is enough to set off alarm bells.

Can you direct me to where you’re seeing an SKS and 500 rounds of 7.62x39mm for under $400 Canadian? Looks like that’s $315 US. This sounds like prices from 20 years ago, and only if you found an old beat up rifle.

But either way, he had over 500 rounds of 9mm. So he had probably $300+ in ammo. That’s not an average day of plinking, and especially raises eyebrows since he was driving into DC with a bad ID.
The papers say Beeler told the officers he had a handgun under the armrest and police detained him at the scene. They searched his car and found a high-capacity magazine in the 9mm handgun, along with more than 500 rounds of ammunition in the vehicle. Authorities said he didn’t have a license to carry the gun in Washington.

Last edited:
It's his job to make sure his documentation is in order and that everything he brings with him is appropriate, especially now.

I worked at a SCIF, and if I'd accidentally kept my cellphone on me and somehow got it to the security checkpoint with an unauthorized badge instead of my own it would have been my ass.

Unless this guy had a 10/22 in his vehicle, I doubt he was going plinking with 500 rounds. Look up some common ammo prices (9mm, .223,etc) and then tell me if you think 500 rounds is an average afternoon plinking.

Not accusing him of anything, but let’s also not pretend that this is a normal and appropriate thing to do. There’s a reason he’s in some trouble here.
Pffft; look at ammo prices; okay chief, friend and I went shooting a few weeks back, 500 rounds ain’t jack, between what I brought (post sample MP5, Uzi, AK74u, M16, Sterling, m1a1 Thompson) and what he brought (transferable belt fed) we’d make people’s pocket books cry.

But I’ll admit it wasn’t a good feeling knowing it cost MORE to shoot my 9mm guns than it cost anything else 50cpr for range ammo is a joke. The only thing this ammo crunch has flat stopped me from shooting is my p90; just registered with BATFE before ammo skyrocketed to 2-3$ per round, and I’m not doing a $150 mag dump.

Pffft; look at ammo prices; okay chief, friend and I went shooting a few weeks back, 500 rounds ain’t jack, between what I brought (post sample MP5, Uzi, AK74u, M16, Sterling, m1a1 Thompson) and what he brought (transferable belt fed) we’d make people’s pocket books cry.

But I’ll admit it wasn’t a good feeling knowing it cost MORE to shoot my 9mm guns than it cost anything else 50cpr for range ammo is a joke.
The only thing this ammo crunch has flat stopped me from shooting is my p90; just registered with BATFE before ammo skyrocketed to 2-3$ per round, and I’m not doing a $150 mag dump.

The bolded and underlined part highlights my point. Sure, you can spend a few hundred dollars plinking in an afternoon, but most don’t, and 9mm ammo (which is what he had) is very expensive right now.

Back