• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News Jake Paul vs Ben Askren Confirmed

Winner?

• Total voters
Really? He has a dad bod and is in his late 30's.

He has been doing mma what? 10 years? What % of his training was spent on boxing? I'm willing to bet it adds up to a fair bit less that Jake's total time spent focused on boxing.
We'll see

Jesus Christ, Ben. What a glutton for punishment. People who are picking Ben, must not realize he just had a fucking hip replacement surgery

It'll be interesting to see how askrens chin and toughness will hold up against jake paul, who's clearly a much more skilled boxer but not really a true fighter

dana a fool for not getting these guys into UFC. No one respects UFC's rankings and who anyone does is a sheep. This is combat sports. It's pure entertainment and about selling fights. UFC let CM punk in... credibility gone so go full bore. If someone can sell a fight and wants a UFC match give it to em.

I think this is a really bad idea for Askren. He was a very good MMA fighter, but he seemed to almost pride himself in having nearly non-existent striking skills yet still being able to win with dominant wrestling.

Yes, Paul is a YouTube troll but dude can box. No, not at a high professional level. But he can box.

I think Askren is setting himself up to be embarrassed here.

Lol wtf Ben, he cant box for shit, even cm punk has better boxing, and cm punk sucks. Jake paul by KO. I hope Ben doesn’t say im doing this for all of mma like how nate robinson said he was doing this for all the nba only to get knocked silly

Unfortunately Ben is going to make our beloved sport look like shit.

As someone who doesn’t want the sport of Mma to get embarrassed publicly, I’m really not happy about this fight
If Ben were to lose to this jerkoff were never going to hear the end of it

Imagine if Jake beats him and then agrees to a wrestling rematch and since he is a high school wrestler and Ben has no hips left he somehow manages to win there as well

suicide watch for Bennie?

I'll take a lifetime athlete with proven heart over a Youtube guy.

There's a chance he could land on Ben but it seems just as likely that Ben is able to dodge and weave for 3 rounds and totally gas this guy out.
Jake wrestled all his life also him and his brother were state champs if I remember correctly

200.gif

@BFoe @Doughie99
@BroRogan @Paynebringer

Back