6'7 Travis Browne, 6'7 Alex Volkov and the UFC height fallacy

Ive always wondered who is actually resposible for this? Do fighters self report their height or does the UFC do it?

images

images

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

Browne is not 6'7. Volkov might be one of the only guys in the UFC who is billed his actual height (Jon Jones is another). He absolutely dwarfed Overeem today. What's funny is Overeem at one stage was billed as 6'5, when he's 6'3 at best.
1230987583.0.jpg

images

Struve is also no 7 footer. He's slouching and leaning a bit here but on a good day is probably 6'10 and a half.

8tkEIZTPgzRn2AOYZtu6Mn_jvB9gjVy0ah90gQn8qXU.jpg

This is struve with a guy who's 7'2. Clearly more than 2 inches here.
Struve was never listed as 7 feet from what I remember. Even more funny is that he's always been listed at 6 feet 11.5 inches. They are implying that they REALLLLYYYY wanted to get his height right. That being said I think his height is about right. He might be 6'10 but looking at him squaring up with Volkov he looks about 3 inches taller. 3 inches isn't much and about the size of my schlong erect.

As far as Struve goes, once you’re 6 ft 9 or taller, no one is going to nickel and dime you
on a couple of inches of height (see Undertaker, Kane, etc)

My point being- you’re going to be the tallest person in 99 percent of the rooms you walk into- I doubt anyone is saying well he’s big but he’s not a legit 7 feet tall.

images

images

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

Browne is not 6'7. Volkov might be one of the only guys in the UFC who is billed his actual height (Jon Jones is another). He absolutely dwarfed Overeem today. What's funny is Overeem at one stage was billed as 6'5, when he's 6'3 at best.
1230987583.0.jpg

images

Struve is also no 7 footer. He's slouching and leaning a bit here but on a good day is probably 6'10 and a half.

8tkEIZTPgzRn2AOYZtu6Mn_jvB9gjVy0ah90gQn8qXU.jpg

This is struve with a guy who's 7'2. Clearly more than 2 inches here.
Without a normal sized person for reference that last picture just looks like two normal dudes.

The bigger question is why is Volkov dressed like Woody from Toy Story

As far as Struve goes, once you’re 6 ft 9 or taller, no one is going to nickel and dime you
on a couple of inches of height (see Undertaker, Kane, etc)

My point being- you’re going to be the tallest person in 99 percent of the rooms you walk into- I doubt anyone is saying well he’s big but he’s not a legit 7 feet tall.
I dunno bro, if u play basketball, they really measure you.

Back