• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

6'7 Travis Browne, 6'7 Alex Volkov and the UFC height fallacy

I like the height comparison. Very, very important stuff.

We need to discuss hairline levels.
Volkov clearly dwarfs Overeem's hairline also

The CRAZIEST thing about this all is the fuckin losers who actually take time to care about this shit lololol
And yet here you are commenting on them.

images

yet

D0iV5PKU8AAWnRf.jpg

while

024_Andrei_Arlovski_and_Brendan_Schaub.0.jpg

and

040_alistair_overeem_and_travis_browne.0.jpg

heavyweight-opponents-stefan-struve-and-travis-browne-face-off-at-the-picture-id114889325

Ngannou is like 6'6. Browne maybe 6'7. Schaubi maybe 6'3 and a half. AA about 6'4. Struve is close to as advertised.

Oh boy. Ngannou is simply a legit 6'4 like Jon Jones. It's just that most other fighters billed 6'4 aren't. Also in the schaub pic you can clearly see schaub is on a slope. He's shorter than ngannou but not by the ridiculous amount in that pic.

Browne has never been a legit barefoot 6'7 a day in his life.

The CRAZIEST thing about this all is the fuckin losers who actually take time to care about this shit lololol
Sherbros have the most bizarre fascination with height.

Sherbros have the most bizarre fascination with height.

Heights and hairlines- the bedrock of Sherdog analysis.

I truly feel Sherdoggers would be enmeshed in a philosophical debate for the ages if you asked whether they’d choose Cejudo’s hairline and height or T. Browne’s height and hairline.

you’d hear a lot of “Travis because I could use Ronda’s money for a hair transplant.” responses

Oh boy. Ngannou is simply a legit 6'4 like Jon Jones. It's just that most other fighters billed 6'4 aren't. Also in the schaub pic you can clearly see schaub is on a slope. He's shorter than ngannou but not by the ridiculous amount in that pic.

Browne himself said he was 6 foot 7 in shoes while playing college basketball. He is not taller than 6 foot 5. I remember his face off with 6 foot 4 Cheick Kongo years ago. Sherdoggers should Google that if they believe Browne is a legit 6 foot 7. He is not taller than 6 foot 5. Maybe even 6 foot 4.5 inches.

1STIPE_FRANCIS_BREAKDOWN_1141885507719_mp4_video_1280x720_2500000_all_audio_8_350x197_1141895235754.jpg

20181123075508_blaydesngannou640.JPG

Every opponent he's taller. UFC strangely got his height off, even though it would benefit them greatly to portray him as enormous as possible. He's listed as 6 ft 4 on the great, awesomely designed ufc dot com.

Different angle

14089266-7441-b.jpg

Last edited:
Browne himself said he was 6 foot 7 in shoes while playing college basketball. He is not taller than 6 foot 5. I remember his face off with 6 foot 4 Cheick Kongo years ago. Sherdoggers should Google that if they believe Browne is a legit 6 foot 7. He is not taller than 6 foot 5. Maybe even 6 foot 4.5 inches.

He has a little bit of height of Jon Jones so I will give him 6'5 but no more.

1STIPE_FRANCIS_BREAKDOWN_1141885507719_mp4_video_1280x720_2500000_all_audio_8_350x197_1141895235754.jpg

20181123075508_blaydesngannou640.JPG

Every opponent he's taller. UFC strangely got his height off, even though it would benefit them greatly to portray him as enormous as possible. He's listed as 6 ft 4 on the great, awesomely designed ufc dot com.

Different angle

14089266-7441-b.jpg
images

Big dude. Probably 6'4.25 or 6'4.5 even.

When I was watching that "Last Dance" thing on Netflix, Scottie Pippen always looked weird in a suit. Always.
90s basketball players and suits. i dont know what it was. even today we still see a lot of bad one

I saw Francis at a fitness convention. Looked surprisingly slender compared to all the other roided out dudes.

I did notice he had unusually long arms. I’d guess he was 6’3-6’4

Not that it matters and this height fetish isn’t gay

Lol I met Sage Northcutt in Las Vegas who was billed at like 5'11 and I am really 5'11 and was several inches taller than him. My guess is he is 5'8 max

Basketball players for a long time counted their height as that in shoes, even by the NBA when they were officially measured it was in shoes.

They said it was because they played in shoes. As if nobody else wears shoes on a daily basis. :eek:

Back