Did anyone else skip the WMMA co main?

I just skipped through it. I had no idea who those girls were fighting.. the quality of WMMA is generally poor unless you are talking about the top of the female divisions. E.G nunes/Yonna Anjek/Rousey

The level of WMMA is so poor. Only a handful of female MMA fighters are truly skilled.

Nunes
Joanna
Rose
Holm

Are pretty much the only truly decent WMMA fighters. Most other females in MMA are not athletic and uncoordinated.

You're such a stupid fucking loser lmao, I'm glad majority of people here are making fun of you for it though

<Dany07>

Wmma is never worth the watch.

All men realize this.

Some deny it out of either a weird perversion and pleasure to seeing women get beat up, or a misplaced attempt at kindness acting like women are good at fighting.

Its not reflective of all people but its refle tive of a lot of people. Women's sports in general in fact.
Maybe a lot... but they're not the majority.
The majority of Sherdoggers, according to every poll on this site I've ever seen, actually like WMMA. It's just that those here that don't like it are very obsessive about telling us all about their negative opinion. That they constantly make anti-WMMA threads, and posts, doesn't make them a majority.

And they love to use the "women's sports in general" line almost as much as the WNBA comparison, which gets used over and over because it's rare for an original thought to be expressed by the anti-WMMA crowd. They're like cultists who just repeat the exact same phrases again and again.

Grasso's boxing is lightyears ahead of Ronda's.

FamiliarGlamorousFulmar-size_restricted.gif
I think ronda would fuck up grasso

I just skipped through it. I had no idea who those girls were fighting.. the quality of WMMA is generally poor unless you are talking about the top of the female divisions. E.G nunes/Yonna Anjek/Rousey

The level of WMMA is so poor. Only a handful of female MMA fighters are truly skilled.

Nunes
Joanna
Rose
Holm

Are pretty much the only truly decent WMMA fighters. Most other females in MMA are not athletic and uncoordinated.

Weili Zhang
Tatiana Suarez
Valentina Shevchenko

Valentina is the only one I'd consider tuning in to watch. I rarely watch all fights on the undercard as well, I just don't find the lower level fights appealing.

You left out a bunch of talented women.

And the fact you didn't even include Valentina in your list, just says it all about you LOL

What a clown.

People get so defensive about other people not liking wmma, crazy thread

No. It was the first fight I watched when i woke up Sunday morning. However I did skip Marquez vs Pitolo and Simon vs Kelleher. Such boring fights.

I did enjoy Viana show some slick BJJ and fucking up Mallory Martin.

I remember when being a snitch won an ass beating

<[analyzed}> I beat you to it didn't I? I'd be willing to bet you were the one who took a few ass beatings back in the day. You must have come along way since your snitch days to acting real tough behind a keyboard

Its not reflective of all people but its reflective of a lot of people. Women's sports in general in fact. Ive noticed that the main thing proponents of these types of things do is try to make it sound like theres something wrong with people who dont like it. Theres nothing wrong with disliking watching female sports.

There's nothing wrong with disliking women's sports. But there is something wrong with the people who seemingly spend 99% of their time constantly bitching about how much they hate women's sports. There's a lot of women's (and men's) sports which I dislike and refuse to watch because I think they're dogshit, but I'm not going to hang out on some message board and make 20 posts a day about how much I hate those sports and the athletes who are a part of them.

It's so bad . Side note- Holly holms boring as fuck . Its like watching a cardio kickboxing seminar on YouTube.

There's nothing wrong with disliking women's sports. But there is something wrong with the people who seemingly spend 99% of their time constantly bitching about how much they hate women's sports. There's a lot of women's (and men's) sports which I dislike and refuse to watch because I think they're dogshit, but I'm not going to hang out on some message board and make 20 posts a day about how much I hate those sports and the athletes who are a part of them.

what makes you think we're spending "99% of our time". Like the imagination some people have about assuming the absolute worse about people they disagree with

what makes you think we're spending "99% of our time". Like the imagination some people have about assuming the absolute worse about people they disagree with

Not you, but there's certain people I see in nearly every WMMA thread where all they do is bitch about how much they hate it and how much it sucks. The forum has a search function, and when I pull up their posts I often find that they spend the majority of their time bitching about WMMA. Just like there's certain folks who spend most of their time slagging Fedor, GSP, Conor, or whoever.

Saw parts of it. The skill level is just not there when it comes to Barber. Grasso is alright but she’s nothing special. The fight shouldn’t have been a co-main. There’s been worse fights but Barber’s striking and enteries were horrendously bad and I don’t care to watch that.

It’s not the fact that they’re women that turns me off; it’s the fact that a sizeable portion of WMMA fighters are mediocre and some look like they don’t train certain aspects. Talent is talent. Mediocrity is mediocrity. I’ll happily watch Rose vs Andrade, but those fights are exceptions.

Last edited:
Back