Social Texas mayor resigns after telling "lazy" constituents to stop "whining" about power outages and cold

Holy shit, you have people freezing to death and you send that message? I thought that Marjorie Taylor broad was stupid, but this dude is on another level of idiocy.

Not even gonna bother guessing which party he belongs to, only one party elects people this stupid and they do it consistently, sadly.

People shouldn't be freezing to death. If you put on enough layers, you could live indefinitely in freezing weather.

This is a bunch of horseshit.

90% of Texas's power comes from fossil fuels.

The issue is that their power grid wasn't properly maintained and that it's not connected to either of the two major interstate grids in the US, so there's no way for them to accommodate the drastically increased demand.

Also, there are plenty of wind farms in cold climates.

It isn't that. Some plants and wind farms froze but you lost the most capacity due to well and gas pipelines freezing. This doesn't have anything to do with the grid but of power plants not getting gas.

Do you just let everyone walk all over you? Is it some sort of cuck fetish? If you order a sandwhich from Subway, and they take your money and give you nothing, do you just walk off with your head down?

No way man.

He goes out and accumulates sandwich resources like a real man. It sucks waiting to the tomatoes to ripen and the cheese to age, but once they do it will really show that soyboy sandwich artist what's what.

mayor is being a dick, houses here aren't built to have the power turned off, besides lots of people not able to keep warm, now their pipes are busting and they have to deal with no water and task with repairing plumbing and whatever else it screwed up when it broke.

friend of mine called yesterday, he turned off his water when his electricity went off and his pipes still burst in his kitchen ceiling. try keeping a house warm with no electricity and no sheetrock and insulation, might as well leave several windows open, its the same thing basically.

Thank Abbott and the people he put on the PUC.

Beto's right this time. Maintaining basic utilities should be a low bar for the government to meet. He is wrong about it being a Republican issue though. California has their share of problems. Its a problem with increasingly incompetent and greedy people being installed at all levels

It is a Republican issue. Liberal Austin and San Antonio opted out of deregulation and has had lower electrical rates.

What the hell is wrong with people that they can't survive for a few days if power and water is cut off.

Sure they should get help but if you can't make it some days unless medical you are stupid.

I agree. I really agree. We've had power shortages that spanned weeks in February when the temperature was twenty below freezing. Far, far colder than anything they're seeing in Texas.

It's never been a matter of life and death, only a matter of comfort and convenience.

I try and tell myself it isn't that they're stupid, it's that they have no idea how to deal with cold.

Cold is a way of life here.

nope1.gif

Unless a fish has evolved to handle cold temperatures, they'll die.
alligators hold their nose above water and let their body freeze "icing response"

image_26ee983ccc0724fa8b56cfc411c05ce2972ec8d8.png

TX

SAN ANTONIO
Animals at Texas primate sanctuary freeze to death amid catastrophic power outages

msn.com | 9h
A chimpanzee, several monkeys, lemurs and other animals have died after a Texas primate sanctuary lost power amid a brutal winter storm pounding the southern U.S. this week. Staff and volunteers at Primarily Primates were trying to evacuate the facility when they found about a dozen dead animals, the San Antonio-area nonprofit said Wednesday. One of them was 58-year-old Violet, the sanctuary’s oldest chimp.

Back