• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Social War Room Lounge v.231: Frodo Pack Edition

Favorite cut of steak

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious if anyone here has a similar story to this:

The bar soap I use is oval and curved, like the top part of a saddle. The other day it was down to a fairly thin sliver and I dropped it. It landed edge on with the long axis vertical, so on the narrow end, and it stuck there, standing upright on the floor of the tub. It's actually the second time that's happened--the previous time was several years ago.

It looked cool as fuck standing there like a tiny little monolith. When I picked it up, there was a perfect little flat spot, right on the edge. It seems like such an unlikely occurrence that having happened a second time, I have to assume there's some confluence of shape and just the right amount of give in the soap on impact that causes it to hit end on in the first place, and then not bounce or fall over. But it's still really neat.

no but I hate when I have soap all over my face, only to have the bar slip out of my hands & ricochet out into the bathroom. the bar always ends up in the furthest corner, & having a wet bathroom floor annoys me to no end.

/rage

no but I hate when I have soap all over my face, only to have the bar slip out of my hands & ricochet out into the bathroom. the bar always ends up in the furthest corner, & having a wet bathroom floor annoys me to no end.

/rage
Time to reno the bathroom into a Japanese shower room then.

32c6190e1e7702e3a5ed3cc339363cc4.jpg

Stand up shower and a soaking tub in an enclosed space.

/rage
Close the shower door?

Myanmar protesters hold general strike as crowds gather for 'five twos revolution'
Protesters compare date – 22.2.2021 – to 8 August 1988, when military cracked down on pro-democracy rallies

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...as-protesters-gather-for-five-twos-revolution

This part left an impression on me:

Min, 41, a seaman who was volunteering to collect rubbish, said the recent killing of three protesters had made people more determined. “The military wants us to get angry and attack them,” he said. “Then it would be a civil war and the UN and Nato would never come. We will continue peacefully. We just want our leaders and democracy back. We are ready to die for that.”

/rage

My homophobia strongest shows that I hate when I have to shower in places where I have to place the shampoo on the ground. I secretly fear I might accidentally slip and land on it with my butt

Myanmar protesters hold general strike as crowds gather for 'five twos revolution'
Protesters compare date – 22.2.2021 – to 8 August 1988, when military cracked down on pro-democracy rallies

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...as-protesters-gather-for-five-twos-revolution

This part left an impression on me:

Min, 41, a seaman who was volunteering to collect rubbish, said the recent killing of three protesters had made people more determined. “The military wants us to get angry and attack them,” he said. “Then it would be a civil war and the UN and Nato would never come. We will continue peacefully. We just want our leaders and democracy back. We are ready to die for that.”

I just googled Myanmar to get some basic facts and the first one blew me away: population 54 million

WTF?? I know east/southeast Asia is the most populated area in the world but damn, 54 million and still so obscure.

I just googled Myanmar to get some basic facts and the first one blew me away: population 54 million

WTF?? I know east/southeast Asia is the most populated area in the world but damn, 54 million and still so obscure.

I don't think it's particularly obscure. I think people just don't associate it with it's history, because until relatively recently everyone called it Burma.

Come on Pennsylvania, you know want those sweet sweet tax $$

Someone get Utah to do the same damnit so I can go buy stuff to help me sleep.

Did you crash your truck less than a year after paying it off?
Getting a windshield replaced and my sunroof fixed.

If I crashed it I likely would have ended myself.

Someone get Utah to do the same damnit so I can go buy stuff to help me sleep.

Getting a windshield replaced and my sunroof fixed.

If I crashed it I likely would have ended myself.

Depending on what it would cost on the sunroof it might not have been worth going through insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back