Sterling was absolutely pathetic

It’s not that easy to tell what’s acting or not in a situation where someone is just concussed. Behaviors aren’t expected to be normal or follow a fixed pattern.

I dont need a medical degree or in psychology to see what was going on there....It appears most people who seen it agree.

just imagine. 2021: aljomain sterling is a ufc champ and kamala harris is potus. and everyone better act like they achieved something or else.
He made Yan resort to cheating Yan p!nicked and kneed him illegally to avoid getting duested in a 5th round he was not prepared for, he has been exposed could KO aldo but struggled in the striking exchanges against a jiu jitsu guy LOL. Yan found his way out of complete embarrassment now its time for him to get schooled by dillishaw and sent to the prelims by cody.

Got his fucking ass whooped, spent half the fight panic wrestling and throwing wild strikes. As soon as he found a way out because he was going to get killed in there he did some very bad acting saying that he's "dizzy" while he was just lying down panting on the canvas like a bitch. Absolutely pathetic and disgraceful and terrible decision of the UFC.

How is that even a downed strike? He was clearly standing up. Fucking stupid.
Correct call can’t knee downed opponent. Khabib likely would have lost fights if it was legal.

That was a clear foul. An intentional one too.
Yan is pretty much the greg hardy of bantamweight he felt that fatigue start to kick in and decided he didn't want to have his ass beat on PPV.

Dominick Reyes said it best. I've seen people recover faster from actually being KOd.
Funny you say that he recovered faster from being KO'd by Moraes....It seems when a fighters hands are on the matt the illegal knee it always so much more devastating.

Yan is pretty much the greg hardy of bantamweight he felt that fatigue start to kick in and decided he didn't want to have his ass beat on PPV.
Not sure if your being sarcastic but its just the opposite that was happening.

Dominick Reyes said it best. I've seen people recover faster from actually being KOd.
Someondoy needs to get on Twitter and say "you must be talking about yourself" it would be hilarious if Jan saw it and responded "Tell me about it."

Yan blatantly broke the rules. He fucked up huge.

Sterling blatantly embellished it.

Not sure if your being sarcastic but its just the opposite that was happening.
Clearly a pro mma fighter who knows the rules inst going to knee a downed opponent, you can see his fatigue kicking in? Interesting. Trust me he was getting tired and knew he couldn't last another round with aljo without being submitted oh well the title would have changed hands either way.

Titles shouldn't change hands on a DQ.

All the russian trolls who typically work the war room taking a detour over here for this one

Everybody misses the point. I had debate on Facebook last night and just couldn't be bothered to keep explaining. Was the knee illegal? Yes. Was sterling hurt? Yes. Could sterling continue and put on some of worst facial acting I've ever seen? Also Yes. Yan was a fool and sterling took the easy win..

Illegal knee, deserved to be DQ'd, I don't think Aljo should have continued...but boy did he seem to play it up.

Rules are rules. Do you prefer the champion to win in a disgraceful manner? Yan deserved to get disqualified.

yes. absofuckinglutely yes. of course id rather the win to be 100% legal. but given the binary choice id rather call it a win for the actual winner of the fight instead of pretending the loser won. at the very least there should be a rule that the title cannot change hands via dq. that way we can avoid this farcical situation in the future.

Yan made a big mistake.
I hope the rules are reviewed and fighters who play the downed game to avoid the fight, get penalized and a point deducted.
This way you avoid hot headed fighters from kneeling stupidly and also avoid the "gamey" guys who use it as a loophole to avoid getting smashed.

He made Yan resort to cheating Yan p!nicked and kneed him illegally to avoid getting duested in a 5th round he was not prepared for, he has been exposed could KO aldo but struggled in the striking exchanges against a jiu jitsu guy LOL.
<[analyzed}> good one!

I think he likely milked it a bit, however the damage was probably enough to alter the fight for him in a negative way and that is enough reason to call it quits anyways.
Also, I don't think Petr did it on purpose. I think he was trying to time Aljo standing up, but got overzealous and messed up.
Nobody at fault here, It is what it is. Hopefully they rematch and Petr wins fair and square to get this one back (not because I dislike Aljo, but because Petr was clearly winning the fight and deserves the W on his record).

<[analyzed}> good one!
The only thing good here is this:
AND THE NEWWWW!
aljamain-sterling-belt.jpg

These threads always deteriorate into people arguing over completely separate issues.

I'm just glad we had ringside physicians Rogan and Cormier to verify that Sterling was definitely concussed.

Back