• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Devout Christian Jon Jones threatens to burn all his Nike's due to controversial sneaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different perspectives and life experiences. In my experience (as someone who was scouted for recruitment) Satanists tend to try honey dick people they believe are tired of society with their commandments first before they stay introducing you to the witch craft and animal sacrifice. This shit happens here in the US.
There are literal satanists then there are church of satanists. The church of satanists doesn't do what you state. Its a church pretty designed to keep Religiosity in america honest.

You want prayers in school for religion? guess what. Satanist are praying at schools too.

Didn't know people took Satanism seriously, seems like some edgy silliness to me.
Like most things, it's a diverse group of people. There's edgy goth kids, edgy agnostics, logical people who got honeydicked after being introduced to their commandments, and hardcores who attend satanic mass and take place in choreographed rituals,ect.

Different perspectives and life experiences. In my experience (as someone who was scouted for recruitment) Satanists tend to try honey dick people they believe are tired of society with their commandments first before they stay introducing you to the witch craft and animal sacrifice. This shit happens here in the US.
there is no organized religion called satanism and no one tried to recruit you. You heard that from some fear mongering priest from your church and you are repeating it like it happened to you. Anyone with half a brain sees through your bullshit. There is a well document history of crimes against humanity from the christian church (and not only), while you will have a hard time finding anything similar connected to a Satanist organization.

there is no organized religion called satanism and no one tried to recruit you. You heard that from some fear mongering priest from your church and you are repeating it like it happened to you. Anyone with half a brain sees through your bullshit. There is a well document history of crimes against humanity from the christian church (and not only), while you will have a hard time finding anything similar connected to a Satanist organization.
God bless you man.

but hey, they made some Nike shoes with some symbols you don't like!!!!

I don't think people "engaged in Satanism" take it seriously, it's mainly the religious loonies who do.
People who took it ironically I think treated it like a sort of symbol of anarchy. Idealogical plaything to release some stress when you have nothing to believe. Posing nothing beyond symbol of personal freedom and rebellion etc. To me this is a point of cowardness and weakness.

People who believed in, let say Abrahamic Religions (Christian, Islam, Judaism) care about Satan as a real actual entity, created by God with a purpose to confuse, misguide and deviate mankind from the True Way of living life.

Although I will say that Christian depiction of satan and its symbolism mostly are cultural interpretation maybe, I'm no theology expert btw.

I don't think people "engaged in Satanism" take it seriously, it's mainly the religious loonies who do.

As someone who has been to the Satanic Temple headquarters a few times now, the bulk of that organization are just some arty goths who think Christian encroachment on the political system deserves to be mocked, rightfully so.

The loon bins here make me realize why the the US is falling behind in it's education system compared to other countries.

You want prayers in school for religion? guess what. Satanist are praying at schools too.
I'm not a Christian, but I think as Satanism is directly an offensive symbol to most Christians, the act such as to enact the so called 'satanic prayer' in public school is against the tenet of religious freedom in US I would say.

To have 'satanic prayer' recited in school in a nation where not many Abrahamic religions adheres are the majority is okay I think. Only then that it is not categorize as offensive.

There are literal satanists then there are church of satanists. The church of satanists doesn't do what you state. Its a church pretty designed to keep Religiosity in america honest.

e88d752f864c56b1a3e57af7ad1c4cac.jpg

"choreographed", as in not real.

Like I've said, it's a diverse group, which means the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Where did I ever mention religion in school? I've specifically been talking about media from the beginning. I'm also not defending any form of organized religion, but christ himself.

As someone who has been to the Satanic Temple headquarters a few times now, the bulk of that organization are just some arty goths who think Christian encroachment on the political system deserves to be mocked, rightfully so.
So it's not a temple for believer but disbeliever?

Kind of like Church of Spaghetti Monster? If you had heard that one

It is, I'm not perfect. But don't play coy with me, you know exactly how things devolve here. Most aren't really here for an honest discussion, just a big game of "I'm right so stfu".

I shared my opinion I'm not trying to get into theological debates over an obvious example of a double standard. Besides I've since clarified, I'm not defending a religion, I don't care about any organized religion. I'm tired of the medias obvious bashing of Christ while Satan becomes more and more acceptable in society.
Nah I mean I know how things devolve, but imo the best way to stop that happening is not engaging in the first place. If you just didn't post anything, you wouldn't get sucked into an argument with trolls. I get that you want to share your opinion, but is it really worth it to get bombarded with notifications and arguments?

And I confess I'm not sure I get your point, I haven't seen any bashing of Christ, simply bashing of Christianity on the whole. I don't think anyone actually worships satan, I think its more of a tool to expose hypocrisy and bad faith arguments from Christians. Not saying I agree with all of their methods, I find some of it quite tacky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back