News Devout Christian Jon Jones threatens to burn all his Nike's due to controversial sneaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are dead wrong an atheist believes they KNOW no god exists, if you lack a belief in god but state it is even very remotely possible a god could exist then you are an agnostic.
Dude, you are wrong, I'm sorry. You think you're right, I get that, but you're wrong.

The word is right there in front of you
A-theist
One who lacks a belief in god.

I'm sure there are many atheists who do 'claim' to know there is no God, just like there are plenty of Christians/religious people who 'claim' that there is a God.

Kinda incorrect, atheism is a statement that they have no personal belief in a deity, similar to how Christians would be considered atheistic in regards to the belief of Zeus. An agnostic is a epistemological statement that you cannot know whether a deity can be proven or disproven with current human reasoning.

You can be a atheist and agnostic at the same time.
Not true, atheism is the belief no god exists. Saying I don't believe in any god, but it's possible one does exist is agnosticism.

Dude, you are wrong, I'm sorry. You think you're right, I get that, but you're wrong.

A-theist

I'm sure there are many atheists who do 'claim' to know there is no God, just like there are plenty of Christians/religious people who 'claim' that there is a God.
If you personally don't believe in god but state it is possible god exists then you are agnostic because you are admitting the existence of god is unknowable. That is the definition of agnostic, saying the existence of god is unknowable.

"I can't believe that this guy has Satan shoes omfg even tho I drink and drive and hit pregnant ladies,rail lines of blow off a hookers ass,and use steroids to cheat at sports...but these..fuckin shoes are the real problem!"

You are dead wrong an atheist believes they KNOW no god exists, if you lack a belief in god but state it is even very remotely possible a god could exist then you are an agnostic.

No, you are misinterpreting the definition of Atheism. Atheism is a statement of belief, in a ideal world it would be a unneeded term because everyone is a atheist with almost all religions except one.

If you told me that a invisible salamander god lords over humans and controls our every thought and is undetectable from science and our senses, I would be a atheist to that belief and also an agnostic to it because I could never disprove that there isn't a salamander with absolute certainty.

Some statements can't be disproven with our limited senses, hence why our logic systems require that a statement be proven with inference from empirical evidence.

If you personally don't believe in god but state it is possible god exists then you are agnostic because you are admitting the existence of god is unknowable. That is the definition of agnostic, saying the existence of god is unknowable.
In that case everyone is agnostic, whether you lean one way or the other doesn't matter, because it is unknowable.

I don't want to argue semantics here

The real problem here is that this shoe peddler is a no talent bum who is trying to make a buck by offending people who did him no wrong.

No, you are misinterpreting the definition of Atheism. Atheism is a statement of belief, in a ideal world it would be a unneeded term because everyone is a atheist with almost all religions except one.

If you told me that a invisible salamander god lords over humans and controls our every thought and is undetectable from science and our senses, I would be a atheist to that belief and also an agnostic to it because I could never disprove that there isn't a salamander with absolute certainty.

Some statements can't be disproven with our limited senses, hence why our logic systems require that a statement be proven with inference from empirical evidence.
belief is by definition a certainty. If you are uncertain it is not a belief.

It would be considered a atheist belief system without much metaphysical thought beside a loose system of ethics. The only unifying ethos I would consider in any of the Satanic systems would be a emphasis on individuality and refining ones own belief system how they see fit, as long as they don't intentionally harm others as that would be encroaching on their individual space. They have some general rules that copy humanism, but they are pretty bog standard for anyone in Western culture who isn't a monster.

LeVayan Satanism is pretty much humanism with some ritual systems as a emotional outlet if you are into that sort of thing, not really much structure or heavy dogma beyond that. It's a "religion" because some people find the structure and community of traditional religions emotionally satisfying in a way that atheism doesn't and isn't meant to provide.
So, it's a basically both a political and community based atheist organization, with flair of humanism and individualistic term in applying life's meaning.

Sometimes I am a little jealous with a person who is completely an unattached atheist. To have a complete belief such that there is no repercussion to one action beyond man-made national or regional law.

To belief that there is freedom to act on anything that you wanted to - all kinds, all level of crimes - and feel safe knowing that you are completely safe, as long as you don't get caught.

To be let say like Marquis de Sade, "pleasure for pleasure's sake." To be uninhibited. It's rather an adventurous life to live as what Sade had enduringly dreamt of.

Some religions on the other hand practiced this penchant for eternity - such as that to be eternally loving or to has an eternal obedience, later will be provided with an eternal bliss. Mirroring good with good and bad with bad. If the devotion given is much selflessly, than the rewards are eternal.

I think these 2 are the clash of benefits between an uninhibit irreligiosity and its opposite; one as a pious servant of religion.

Good statement.

@campbecc you don't believe in the Norse Gods I assume? Or the Greek Gods? Or even the Hindu Gods? You are atheistic towards those gods. A person who claims to be an atheist doesn't believe in any sort of god, not just specific ones from specific religions.

There is no way to technically disprove any of those Gods, so that doesn't mean everyone is agnostic unless they believe in every God that has ever been thought up!

In that case everyone is agnostic, whether you lean one way or the other doesn't matter, because it is unknowable.

I don't want to argue semantics here
That's not true at all most people think they know for certain about their religion and would never say it is possible they could be wrong.

That's not true at all most people think they know for certain about their religion and would never say it is possible they could be wrong.
But they're just lying to themselves, no one has complete definitive evidence of the existence of any God. Belief is not a reliable path to truth.

Good statement.

@campbecc you don't believe in the Norse Gods I assume? Or the Greek Gods? Or even the Hindu Gods? You are atheistic towards those gods. A person who claims to be an atheist doesn't believe in any sort of god, not just specific ones from specific religions.

There is no way to technically disprove any of those Gods, so that doesn't mean everyone is agnostic unless they believe in every God that has ever been thought up!
it's about belief not disproving.

A-theist
I think the point here is that if you lack a belief in God , then you have a belief in no God or the absence of a God.

If I told you there is no mma goat, then not only do I lack a belief in an mma goat, I consequently believe there is no mma goat.

Belief is conviction and not believing in something to exist doesn't mean you don't have a belief, you still are a believer one way or another.

Has nike sued other custom sneaker companies and artists
That resold their shoes? If not they have set a precedent. An average lawyer could best this case. Nike is only doing this for clout. This case probably get tossed out. Literally every sunday nfl players are wearing customized nike cleats lmao.

But they're just lying to themselves, no one has complete definitive evidence of the existence of any God. Belief is not a reliable path to truth.
Fair enough but I'm talking about what they say. If you say "there is no god" that is an atheist. If you say "I don't believe in god but it's possible one exists" that's an agnostic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...e-following-satan-shoes-release-lil-nas-x-mma

A rapper by the stage name "Lil Nas X" recently released limited edition “Satan Shoes” with 666 pairs of custom Nike Airs that has its soles (souls?) injected with a mixture of red ink and “1 drop of human blood.”

View attachment 844179

View attachment 844177

View attachment 844178

View attachment 844195

Former UFC champion , devout Christian and man of morality, Jon Jones has threatened to burn all of his Nike sneakers due to the Nike's latest "satan" sneakers.

“Tomorrow morning I’m going to burn all my Nike shoes, you will never catch me in that shit again,” Jones wrote on Twitter.

Jones later discovered that Nike did not act in concert with Lil Nas X. In fact, the apparel giant recently filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against MSCHF.

Nike filed a trademark infringement and dilution complaint against MSCHF related to the Satan Shoes,” the company wrote in a statement to USA Today. “We can tell you we do not have a relationship with Lil Nas X or MSCHF. The Satan Shoes were produced without Nike’s approval or authorization, and Nike is in no way connected with this project.”

Jon then responded by saying :
“Okay, now I’m seeing there is a lawsuit,” the former champ wrote. “Glad to know Nike isn’t behind this bullshit.”

Whew, that was close.

There you have it folks.
Devout Christian Jon Jones can and will still wear his Nikes while still being a proud, loving, truthful Christian.

View attachment 844190

I hope Jones starts a Kanye West franchise church here in Albuquerque soon. Can't wait to join Jones in morning of spirituality, positivity and good vibes.

I think the point here is that if you lack a belief in God , then you have a belief in no God or the absence of a God.

If I told you there is no mma goat, then not only do I lack a belief in an mma goat, I consequently believe there is no mma goat.

Belief is conviction and not believing in something to exist doesn't mean you don't have a belief, you still are a believer one way or another.
Or being not convinced in the existence of a god

I'm sure there are some people within the Black community that aren't too amped that the flavor of the week representing their people right now is some cowboy fruit cake that is famous for having a YouTube video of him getting butt-fucked by a gay devil. :D

5e2ef16b24306a380e6e8b02

lil-nas-x-montero.png
Only the bottom is gay. And anyways if the devil beats him up after then it was never gay anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back