News Devout Christian Jon Jones threatens to burn all his Nike's due to controversial sneaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...e-following-satan-shoes-release-lil-nas-x-mma

A rapper by the stage name "Lil Nas X" recently released limited edition “Satan Shoes” with 666 pairs of custom Nike Airs that has its soles (souls?) injected with a mixture of red ink and “1 drop of human blood.”

View attachment 844179

View attachment 844177

View attachment 844178

View attachment 844195

Former UFC champion , devout Christian and man of morality, Jon Jones has threatened to burn all of his Nike sneakers due to the Nike's latest "satan" sneakers.

“Tomorrow morning I’m going to burn all my Nike shoes, you will never catch me in that shit again,” Jones wrote on Twitter.

Jones later discovered that Nike did not act in concert with Lil Nas X. In fact, the apparel giant recently filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against MSCHF.

Nike filed a trademark infringement and dilution complaint against MSCHF related to the Satan Shoes,” the company wrote in a statement to USA Today. “We can tell you we do not have a relationship with Lil Nas X or MSCHF. The Satan Shoes were produced without Nike’s approval or authorization, and Nike is in no way connected with this project.”

Jon then responded by saying :
“Okay, now I’m seeing there is a lawsuit,” the former champ wrote. “Glad to know Nike isn’t behind this bullshit.”

Whew, that was close.

There you have it folks.
Devout Christian Jon Jones can and will still wear his Nikes while still being a proud, loving, truthful Christian.

View attachment 844190

I'm an agnostic but you have to admit that LilNas is just being edgy for edginess sake. He's getting exactly the reaction he wanted.

As if “collaborating” on a satan shoe would even scathe the surface of the shady and immoral shit Nike both repsresents and practices as a company.
Yep they treat their employees horribly

Ex-Black Christian, current Atheist.

Our (African American) community is so overwhelmingly Christian and surprisingly devout that this really isn't a shock to me. Lol. I don't have an issue with the video, and I think that Christian hypocrisy is at play here. Where's the outrage for shows like Lucifer or other musicians evoking Demonic imagery?

Jews too- they are an Abrahamic religion also
Satan is viewed differently in the Jewish scriptures compared to Christianity. Only in Christianity is he some fallen angel who wanted to betray God. Isiah 45:7 says god causes all good and all calamity.

Only Christianity and Islam gives so much credence to Satan.

Last edited:
Ex-Black Christian, current Atheist.

Our (African American) community is so overwhelmingly Christian and surprisingly devout that this really isn't a shock to me. Lol. I don't have an issue with the video, and I think that Christian hypocrisy is at play here. Where's the outrage for shows like Lucifer or other musicians evoking Demonic imagery?
I think it's a mixture of things. He's black and gay. Hes selling a shoe that literally contain a drip of blood with a pentagram.

Real blood, open black gay guy. Let's use this to rile up our evangelical base and make this a cultural problem. It's not a cultural problem. It's honestly not a big deal.

But man I will say the real life blood is pretty eery stuff but other than that, no issues with it.

You’re so edgy! Why would you care? I’m not Mormon but it doesn’t have anything to do w my life, so I keep my mouth shut
bro, look at this entire thread and then read your post again

Holy fuck at the guy mentioning Slayer and Ghost. You're either foreign and out of the loop, or super mega old, or both.

Thank God for that!

200.gif
Ya we suck. Like going around the world doing charity. My church built the 1st orphanage in northern Mexico for kids with disabilities. When we built houses for the poor around the world. Drilling wells in African. Snuck things that hurt proganda into China and North Korea. Giving food to the needy. St. Jude and the Salvation Army Those are TERRiBLE traits. Helping addicts become clean with classes, and my church does sober living housing for free.What have you done? Besides make snarky comments bc someone doesn’t believe what you believe?

AHAHAHAHA what a moron
Check out “witch hunt” it happened in my town. A bunch of people were accused of being satanist, and having a sex ring to rape children it was all bullshit. It got thrown out, they were paid 10 million dollars . But two served 12 years, one 19

The funny thing is, Nike kill childrens and man all year working on those cheapy factories all day and night without conditions or food, and those good christians never bat and eye and buy lots of Nike shoes cause they rock...

this^^^^ all day long.

Ya we suck. Like going around the world doing charity. My church built the 1st orphanage in northern Mexico for kids with disabilities. When we built houses for the poor around the world. Drilling wells in African. Snuck things that hurt proganda into China and North Korea. Giving food to the needy. St. Jude and the Salvation Army Those are TERRiBLE traits. Helping addicts become clean with classes, and my church does sober living housing for free.What have you done? Besides make snarky comments bc someone doesn’t believe what you believe?
Good for you brother, that's amazing, seriously.
I believe in God but IMO it's better to keep these kind of things to yourself bro especially if you believe in God because the point is that as a believer you're doing it not to impress people and make them think you're a good person but to please The Most High.

tumblr_oq0qx9ifLm1sogfsmo1_1280.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back