If Leon beats nate and Wonderboy beats burns

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
If Wonderboy beats Burns there is no question he deserves the title shot. Leon beating Nate is pretty much a guarantee. But shouldn't improve his status in the title hunt.

If Wonderboy wins this fight he'll have beaten Luque, Neal, and Burns in three consecutive fights.

Assuming Leon beats Nate, his last win before that was RDA in 2019, and Nate isnt a perennial top 5 WW either. They will probably fight each other if they both win and winner gets a shot at the belt.

Leon will most likely get it. Beating Nate means a lot to the ufc, ideally you gain more notoriety, but i doubt Leon will become a star at all after whooping Nate. But yeah, Leon will get it 1st

Assuming Leon beats Nate, his last win before that was RDA in 2019, and Nate isnt a perennial top 5 WW either. They will probably fight each other if they both win and winner gets a shot at the belt.
That's not Leon's fault. He was supposed to fight Woodley when covid hit. Was supposed to fight Khamzat too.

I remember Hendricks/Woodley being booked at UFC 192. A #1 contender bout. Hendricks had to pull out so Woodley got the titleshot in default.

I agree with that.

That's not Leon's fault. He was supposed to fight Woodley when covid hit. Was supposed to fight Khamzat too.

I remember Hendricks/Woodley being booked at UFC 192. A #1 contender bout. Hendricks had to pull out so Woodley got the titleshot in default.

I agree with that.
Yeah the situation was shitty, but Wonderboy would have a better win in Gilbert and his Luque win is aging quite well to. I think it would make sense to match them up, but I get the argument for Leon considering his long win streak.

Depends on who will Usman will pick. Who knows he might pick Nate whether he wins or lose since he apparently wants big paydays nowadays.

A win over Nate means absolutely fucking nothing lol

Depends on, a win over Burns is just a lot more relevant in terms of getting a titleshot. But if Leon can win in a crazy way like ko or submit, than it could grant his that shot. It's just a tough call with Wonderboy having lesser position and Leon having such a big streak, so it would depend on the way they win I guess.

Leon hasn't fought for the belt, WB has twice. Burns is the much better win, but ideally all top contenders should get a shot at gold. Not all top 10 fighters, but contenders, yep.

But Leon and WB should've been paired together. The match-ups they now have make little sense. So they still could end up facing each other, which could be a title eliminator.

Why don't they fight each other after they both win, winner gets title shot vs winner of Usman/Mas

WB already deserved the shot over Masvidal's 2nd shot. WB outclassed Masvidal and put him on his ass in their fight. He has a bigger chance to beat Usman.

Who you give the title shot to ? Personnaly i give it to wonderboy as beating nate means nothing as of today and Burns is the last title challenger, beating him is way more meaningful

Leon deserves to be next in line IMO. WB has had his chance to challenge previously, has had ups and downs recently, and is at a stage where he can take 6-12 months off to wait. Conversely, Leon is in his prime, is on a tremendous winning streak, and just had to sit on the sidelines for far too long.

In the scenario you lay out, I think it would come down to (1) style points, (2) logistics and (3) negotiations. If Leon grinds out a tedious decision over an outmatched Nate, while WB styles on Burns and stops him, that will matter. If WB point fights and Burns just can’t hit him, while Leon puts it into overdrive and sparks Nate unconscious, that will matter. And beyond that it will come down to which fight the company can make when the want on the terms they want.

Back