Media Former UFC champ Eddie Alvarez gets DQ'd after an illegal back of the head strikes at ONE FC

This wasn't even as blatant as 90% of the back of the head strikes you see on practically every card in the UFC.

Hell Eddie still hit the guy's ear with his punches including the last one where they stopped it.

This is grade A bullshit.

So let me get this straight... OneFC let you punt a grounded opponent in the head. But this is a DQ?
Soccer kicks are illegal now, but in the very next fight Mighty Mouse got kneed in the face, and THAT strike was legal. Completely ridiculous.

This wasn't even as blatant as 90% of the back of the head strikes you see on practically every card in the UFC.

Hell Eddie still hit the guy's ear with his punches including the last one where they stopped it.

This is grade A bullshit.
^^^^^^^This guy knows whats up

Lol anybody saying BS call are idiots who don't know the dangers of hits in the back of the head.

The back of the skull is the most vulnerable part of the head..

That's why people die from hitting their head on the ground in fights

Or Google Pritchard Colon the boxer and watch his final fight

Bunch of dummies. Glad he got DQ'd. What an idiot

Lol anybody saying BS call are idiots who don't know the dangers of hits in the back of the head.

The back of the skull is the most vulnerable part of the head..

That's why people die from hitting their head on the ground in fights

Or Google Pritchard Colon the boxer and watch his final fight

Bunch of dummies. Glad he got DQ'd. What an idiot
Lol. Maybe watch the fight. It was complete bullshit, and you have no idea what you are talking about.

It reminds me of when he got in trouble for the 12-6 elbows against Poirier. It's hard to feel bad for him when he keeps putting himself in these situations. He should know the rules and stop flirting with them and this wouldn't be a trend with him.
Exactly. How do you fight in every major organization for damn near 50 bouts and still do this shit?

I have a Khabib gif that is appropriate for this fight:

<KhabibBS><KhabibBS><KhabibBS><KhabibBS><KhabibBS><KhabibBS><KhabibBS><KhabibBS><KhabibBS><KhabibBS><KhabibBS><KhabibBS><KhabibBS><KhabibBS>

Lol. Maybe watch the fight. It was complete bullshit, and you have no idea what you are talking about.

I watched the hits in the back of the head and that's enough lol.

There's a reason hits to anywhere in the head is ok but the back.

I watched the hits in the back of the head and that's enough lol.

There's a reason hits to anywhere in the head is ok but the back.
LOL watch the fight. The guy was TRYING to get hit in the back of the head.
He wanted out, then he faked his way to a DQ.

Eh, Eddie definitely got the back of the head a few times there.

But the dude definitely laid the theatrics on pretty thick with his reaction.

That's not the refs fault though. Technically, they were strikes to the back of the head. If the guy is gonna react like he just got shot there's not a lot a ref can do besides apply the rules.

He was hitting him in the softest part of the back of the skull too Jesus. This dude is a vet and still commits a flagrant foul

No, it really doesnt. Most of those punches were behind the ear or to the neck. The back of the head is like a chuck Liddell mohawk. Even if Alvarez landed some borderline punches, Lapicus caused that by turning away from the punches. Absolute bullshit.
One-inch-wide Mohawk is for punches at ear level and higher up to the crown of the head. Below ear level it widens to include basically the entire back of the neck and base of the skull (but not the ear).

Alvarez is clearly missing the ear. All six of the punches he throws are questionable and imo at least 2-4 of them are illegal. Then Iuri falls and Alvarez finishes him with 3 legal blows but the damage is already done at that point.

I also don't really think Iuri turned his head. He's basically motionless for punches 1-4, then a very slight movement for punches 5 and 6. It's not realistic to expect a guy to remain perfectly still when he's getting punched in the head. The turning loophole is for a bigger movement IMO.

LOL watch the fight. The guy was TRYING to get hit in the back of the head.
He wanted out, then he faked his way to a DQ.

Wtf do you mean he tried to get hit in the back of the head?? Are you that stupid? Who willingly wants to get punched in the back of the head?

He was hiding/tucking his head to avoid strikes because he knows strikes to the back of the head are illegal and probably assumed Eddie knew this too. Yet bozo Alvarez thinks he is hitting the ear.

He was hitting him in the softest part of the back of the skull too Jesus. This dude is a vet and still commits a flagrant foul
OK grandma. You are completely wrong.

Punches 1, 2, 3, and 5 were back of the head IMO, 4 and 6 were closer to the side.

Wtf do you mean he tried to get hit in the back of the head?? Are you that stupid? Who willingly wants to get punched in the back of the head?

He was hiding/tucking his head to avoid strikes because he knows strikes to the back of the head are illegal and probably assumed Eddie knew this too. Yet bozo Alvarez thinks he is hitting the ear.
A guy who is getting his ass kicked and wants out.

If you are going to have an opinion on a fight, maybe, I dunno, watch the fight.

Back