Jake Paul vs Askren / Boxing MEGA Discussion

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He just never got to use it because his striking sucks and never worked on it, imagine he has some woodley, koshcheck, hendo power, I mean you have to admit look at all these wrestlers with a powerful right hand, could be the explosiveness but we’ll see.

Ben by KO
He’s gonna generate a lot of power out of that bionic hip.

Some guys just don't have fluid striking movements, just like some can't throw a stone very far compared to others. I've seen big strong guys throw awful punches and then a scrawny guy let the hands go without much training. No doubt he could improve if he focused on it but some guys will never be great strikers

Some guys just don't have fluid striking movements, just like some can't throw a stone very far compared to others. I've seen big strong guys throw awful punches and then a scrawny guy let the hands go without much training. No doubt he could improve if he focused on it but some guys will never be great strikers
That’s cause scrawny folk gotta prove themselves.

We would've seen it by now. It's not going to show up when he's in his mid-30s and wearing larger gloves. That said, I hope he wins but a one-punch KO would be a near miracle.

he actually didnt look like complete garbage hitting the pads in a recent video . I doubt Askren will get the ko but i hope so

Yikes... I'm being a bit critical, but he actually looks bad, very bad in this. Not terrible like worst ever, but like a random guy training for about 6 months.

He just so stiff and lack power...

That said, I am betting a little on him to beat Paul since he's got plus odds at +130. What I'm betting on is that he can take a punch at the professional level, he should have mad strength in the clinch in comparison to Paul, and far superior cardio. Paul has way better boxing technique and power, but I'm betting on Askren being able to weather the storm, take some shots in the early round, get close, clinch and dirty box, lean on Paul to tire him out. And likely Paul doesn't have elite level cardio, so then maybe around round 6-8, Askren, with his shitty technique will just start landing due to cardio and volume. Ashren KO7.

he actually didnt look like complete garbage hitting the pads in a recent video . I doubt Askren will get the ko but i hope so

Askeren will gas the dbag and KO the dbag in the 3rd. tying him up all rounds in between. Mark it!

He just never got to use it because his striking sucks and never worked on it, imagine he has some woodley, koshcheck, hendo power, I mean you have to admit look at all these wrestlers with a powerful right hand, could be the explosiveness but we’ll see.

Ben by KO
If he's already pillowfisted with 4 oz gloves then he sure as shit will be pillowfisted with 16oz gloves don't ya think. o_O

Yikes... I'm being a bit critical, but he actually looks bad, very bad in this. Not terrible like worst ever, but like a random guy training for about 6 months.

He just so stiff and lack power...

That said, I am betting a little on him to beat Paul since he's got plus odds at +130. What I'm betting on is that he can take a punch at the professional level, he should have mad strength in the clinch in comparison to Paul, and far superior cardio. Paul has way better boxing technique and power, but I'm betting on Askren being able to weather the storm, take some shots in the early round, get close, clinch and dirty box, lean on Paul to tire him out. And likely Paul doesn't have elite level cardio, so then maybe around round 6-8, Askren, with his shitty technique will just start landing due to cardio and volume. Ashren KO7.
reasonable take . i will say i did notice the pad man moving the pads towards askrins punches and he definitely dosnt look good . i agree with your take on Askrens path to victory but the only problem with it is its a 6 round fight :sniper:

Y’all want this man to be good so badly lol. He had his time as a 2nd tier MMA fighter, appreciate his legacy for what it was, not an elite UFC fighter. Let’s move on.

Do people not know that Askren looked like shit his entire wrestling career? Critics couldn't deal with the fact his awkward ass body and style kept winning.

Ben was never as explosive as those guys, he seems to lack the coordination to put his hips and lower body into his punches too. He just punches with his arms, but he does have ridiculously strong grip in his arms and hands which can translate to punching power, so I would imagine even his little pitter patter punches probably have more weight behind them than you would think.

Back