RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Jake Paul vs Bourland / Serrano vs Meinke RBR 3/2 DAZN 7PM ET

Watched it a couple more times. They said Paul's opponent was a golden gloves champ? His punches didn't look particularly polished/educated. Very wide and slow for round 1. He did throw a few light jabs. Also, the ref seemed a bit early on that stoppage and it looked like a couple/few shots to the back of the head from Paul? I'm not a total hater (maybe a little) on Paul and not sure the result would have been any different, but...
He was getting up and I think he was "safe", not in any imminent danger from Paul and would have made the final 22 seconds with a count and that break. Especially if he was a golden gloves champ. Did anyone catch what state he was from? Maybe Rhode Island? lol

Also looked VERY soft (unless that's normal for him) and why not shave your damn shoulders/back for a professional, televised bout?

Also looked VERY soft (unless that's normal for him) and why not shave your damn shoulders/back for a professional, televised bout?
Hey bro good seeing you back … long time no see

Just got back from the fights. Puerto Rican crowds are so much better thaqn those in the states. They were into it from the beginning.

I chuckle at people who think Jake needs to be fighting top level guys just 10 fights in. Did Floyd? no. Ali? no. Lomachenko? sure. one of the greatest amateurs in history did and people expect Jake to be doing the same

I got to interview Carlito. That was cool. Especially since he didn't spit apple into my face

On to Riyadh
Also, thanks for the rest of the post. I could see that. American crowds are getting more casual/"influencer"/whore-based around the ring and even the celebrities that show up seem to be 50/50 fans/there for the party and not even watching. Kills me to see how many ringside are looking at phones for for the cameras or just talking to their friends or whatever. For extended periods of time during even the main event, much less the earlier bout(s).

That wasn’t a knockdown. Jake clearly slipped when he rushed him. lol it’s actually funny that’s the only bad moment of his career you haters can come up with.

Jake outboxed him twice and brutally knocked him out stiff.
jake-paul.gif

Lmfao a slip?? ...did he slip into the punch that sent him into the ropes?

Also if you collapse into the ropes in actual boxing its a Knockdown...its in the rules if the only thing that was holding you up is the ropes thats a knock down lol ..

And yes lets congratulate Jake on K.O someone who took a fight on short notice with not training camp..

he definitely looked a bit tubby and carrying more bodyfat than normal. I don't think he trained that hard for this fight, just didn't look in great shape at all.

But...he won, fair enough. I thought the ref stopped the fight far too early. I don't like early stoppages, generally.

Hey bro good seeing you back … long time no see
Trying to stop in more. Sniffed out an affair and went through the big D last year after nearly 25 years married and nearly 28 together. I was bummed, but it is what it is. I've been going out running around on Friday and Saturday nights for about a year. Women treat me like George Clooney even though my mirrors tell me I'm not. Hair, teeth and a job seem to be the bar at my age, so throw in handsome, studly and a great personality (and humble) and I've been a popular guy. Who knew?

Trying to stop in more. Sniffed out an affair and went through the big D last year after nearly 25 years married and nearly 28 together. I was bummed, but it is what it is. I've been going out running around on Friday and Saturday nights for about a year. Women treat me like George Clooney even though my mirrors tell me I'm not. Hair, teeth and a job seem to be the bar at my age, so throw in handsome, studly and a great personality (and humble) and I've been a popular guy. Who knew?
Sorry to hear that man. At least you're getting some strange though!!! That always softens the blow.

Jake "The Future" aka "Once Ever" aka "The Problem Child" has destroyed every human being, from Olympic Champion level to reigning UFC Champions. He let that one bloke win so he could set up the "money" best of 3 series. Jake is a 79D chess level master of Brainanomics.
I agree with every word but our man Jake hasn't fought since 2013.

I chuckle at people who think Jake needs to be fighting top level guys just 10 fights in. Did Floyd? no. Ali? no. Lomachenko? sure. one of the greatest amateurs in history did and people expect Jake to be doing the same
People throw stats around like that without context. Mike Tyson's first 15 opponents were no-names but he fought all of them in 1985. By January 1986, he fought a guy with same name recognition (David Jaco) who had fought legitimate competition. That's not unusual. Holyfield won the WBA Cruiserweight title in less than 2 years of going pro in his 12th fight. Sugar Ray Leonard was beating up Mayweather Sr. less than 18 months of starting his pro career.

4 years into his pro career (and 6 after his first amateur fight) and Jake's opponent prior to the August fight was a washed former MMA LW.

Jake has only like 8 fights and no amateur background. He is a future contender and is getting better every fight.

he was robbed in that fury fight
I don't think it's Jake's priority to be a future contender. He's not calling out anyone of note around his weight, he's not an idiot.

He wants to keep his name out there and get a big fight against a smaller superstar like Canelo. It might not be Canelo that gives him the opportunity, but I do think Jake has the talk, the brand, and just enough skill (he can crush cans and look good doing it) to maybe accomplish this. Then getting outclassed in such a matchup is his ceiling in my opinion.

People throw stats around like that without context. Mike Tyson's first 15 opponents were no-names but he fought all of them in 1985. By January 1986, he fought a guy with same name recognition (David Jaco) who had fought legitimate competition. That's not unusual. Holyfield won the WBA Cruiserweight title in less than 2 years of going pro in his 12th fight. Sugar Ray Leonard was beating up Mayweather Sr. less than 18 months of starting his pro career.

4 years into his pro career (and 6 after his first amateur fight) and Jake's opponent prior to the August fight was a washed former MMA LW.
ok. so he should have fought opponents equal to those fought by an Olympic gold medalist and one who should have. Because a guy with basically no amateur career and many less years of training is certainly on their level. Point taken

Also to add, Lomachenko fought for a title in just his second pro fight, so Jake has really no excuse

Last edited:
ok. so he should have fought opponents equal to those fought by an Olympic gold medalist and one who should have. Because a guy with basically no amateur career and many less years of training is certainly on their level. Point taken

Also to add, Lomachenko fought for a title in just his second pro fight, so Jake has really no excuse
Keep coping. I'm sure we'll be hearing the same in 5 years when Jake is still fighting washed, smaller MMA grapplers. Since he'll be in his early 30s by then, he'll probably only fight guys 45 and older.

Jake is now going to fight a 58-year old. If you're one of his fan girls, wake me up when he's ready to ratchet up his boxing competition and stop fighting guys over twice his age.

Back