Opinion Realistically speaking how much longer do you expect the US to be the most powerful nation?

They aren't innovating on par with the West. They owe their rise to intellectual property theft, cheap manufacturing and technology transfer. Authoritatian societies stifle innovation and creativity.

What makes the US a superpower isn't just world leading defense technology and industry, it is also cultural exports, like music, television, movies and fashion trends. I can't see China ever competing with the US on this.
But achievement generally is not valued here much. Even getting the right answers in math is being discussed as racism in CA and OR. We have so many cancers inside the country, until we call them out for what they are the decline will continue. As long as "equity" is first and "excellence" doesn't matter the rot will continue.

That's not always a bad thing. Diversity of thought/opinion is going to come with division, but it also results in innovation. The Chinese government doesn't allow for diverse thought or critical thinking at all if it doesn't fit their narrative, which will negatively impact them in the long run. It happens to all authoritarian regimes.
I think some people think that it's that simple to just influence an authoritarian country by showing their people the "truth" and think that they will just revolt against their oppressors, but that's not what I'm seeing. Countries like china, North Korea, and saudia Arabia do a good job of keeping their people in line. It seems way easier to me for outside influences and intelligence agencies to stoke fear and division in a country like the US that is wide open.

a decade or two, maybe sooner. I would have never guessed the events of the last 5 years, no one can tell but it's coming. One thing about hegemonic powers is that they cause all sorts of damage as they fall so we won't go easily into that good night.

The European Union is basically the strongest country now. It has beaten the US in the last 20 years or so. Before there was a difference, now the Europeans are better at everything. And mainly the East part of the EU is developing the most, and more than the Western Europe.

Anyway, EU does not include Russia and many other countries of Europe. Do not confuse it with the whole Europe!

It is EU27 now. 27 nations...

Well, China also, but China is still behind every country of the EU! Per capita.

Now regarding the total GDP, probably will be soon China. They are many. But the US is already overtaken by European countries, as GDP per capita.

So you talk about China rising, but China per capita is decades away from the European Union.

All I can say, Europe looks better and better, while some American areas are shitholes now. No hard feelings.

Military power and dolar as the trade coin keeps US going, they can expend beyond their means and be inflation free. China is in a pickle they depend on the dolar and the American market, it will be interesting how this plays out

Now regarding the total GDP, probably will be soon China. They are many. But the US is already overtaken by European countries, as GDP per capita.

So you talk about China rising, but China per capita is decades away from the European Union.

All I can say, Europe looks better and better, while some American areas are shitholes now. No hard feelings.

Market, China's potential mkt shits all over EU/US

The European Union is basically the strongest country now. It has beaten the US in the last 20 years or so. Before there was a difference, now the Europeans are better at everything. And mainly the East part of the EU is developing the most, and more than the Western Europe.

Anyway, EU does not include Russia and many other countries of Europe. Do not confuse it with the whole Europe!

Well, China also, but China is still behind every country of the EU! Per capita.

The EU is a more serious and properly ran entity

China has passed the US on PPP GDP as has the EU which tbh is a better measurement of country strength than Nominal

Market, China's potential mkt shits all over EU/US
The Americans are also obsessed with Russia for example. For Europe it is not relevant. Russia is relevant just in terms of army.

So what China will be No 1? They are 1,4 billion.

People in Canada and Europe are more relaxed.

Its already #2.

China just took the spot without firing a single bullet.

China's grown since the pandemic.

US is 10T is the hole after lock downs.

China is bullying friends of the United States and the US can't do shit. They've been punked and dunked.

US has a border crisis, is in recession, was once known for freedom and human rights and is locked under house arrest. All of their media has become acknowledged as propaganda. Everyone in the US hates everyone else. There is no national identity, just identity politics.

You're still living off the programming you received in the 90s and 2000s... U! S! A! USA USA. Lol at still believing the fairy tale boyos.

The US can go on about its military and tech, but all that got you guys in Afghanistan was trillions in debt and no where...

Against a bunch of fucking cave dwellers.

All that might couldn't even snuff out Camel Jockies. Mean while if China doesn't want to do business with your country your economy collapses.

Who is really carrying the bigger stick?

The NBA bows down, Nike bows down, Apple... They all lick Chinese boots and can't say shit. You may have the freedom to say what you want, but Chinese retribution keeps America's cock tucked away.

The EU is being subverted and will fall as well. Poland and Eastern Europe aren’t going to cuck under and become African/Islamic nations like the UK and France and Germany.

Europe is in just as bad of a spot as we are in america. Canada Australia and New Zealand are fucked as well.

Its already #2.

China just took the spot without firing a single bullet.

China's grown since the pandemic.

US is 10T is the hole after lock downs.

China is bullying friends of the United States and the US can't do shit. They've been punked and dunked.

US has a border crisis, is in recession, was once known for freedom and human rights and is locked under house arrest. All of their media has become acknowledged as propaganda. Everyone in the US hates everyone else. There is no national identity, just identity politics.

You're still living off the programming you received in the 90s and 2000s... U! S! A! USA USA. Lol at still believing the fairy tale boyos.
America was such a great place in the 90s and before.

fucking Marxist leftists. What a cancer.

I have my skepticism with China. I don't know how sustainable their economic model is, which is built around cheap labour and the benefit of having such a huge population, which makes up for how behind they are in individual productivity. (Iirc the average productivity of one worker in America is equivalent to the average productivity of five workers in China).

The thing is the effect of their one child policy for so long and their now aging population is going to pose a pretty serious challenge for their growth, seeing how dependent they are on being a nation of 1 Billion+.

Tranny story time and creationism in schools too!
This nation was founded and built by people that believed God created everything.

The tranny thing took off in the last 6 years or so.

China may pass the US in the next few years, but I think they have too much baggage. The US will overtake them again.

- One China policy will haunt China for a while. Too old of a population means that a lot of capital will go to people outside of the workforce. This will slow down the Chinese economy drastically.

- Pollution. Breathing in such polluted air will have a big negative impact on the health and lifespan of the Chinese population. 60% of Chinese citizens live in urban industrialized communities. That's a lot of bronchial issues. This will slow down China's economy as well.

- The US is still producing the most content in culturally significant industries like movies, TV, streaming, and the internet.

- The US can still feed the world. China can't. This is an underrated trait that people don't discuss. We are food secure.

Concerns I have regarding the US's place in the world.

- Less foreign students in our universities. This either means that the quality of university education is growing outside of the US or people simply want to stay away from US universities (cost, curriculum, wokeism, etc.). We need to be the standard bearer in university education.

- It's good to shine a light on the bad things within your country. Transparency is good. Especially if this leads to fighting corruption. However, I simply can't turn on network/cable news without being told how bad my country is. This has led me to watch more Al Jazeera just to get any international news. We are being divided on purpose by the policy makers and the corporate media. But, these broadcasts are also being watched overseas. So, why would someone from another country think positively about the US if we are constantly being told we are bad people by ourselves?

- China is tripling the amount of patents compared to the US. We need to invest more in STEM. Not just in elementary schools, but across the board.

Back