• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Opinion Realistically speaking how much longer do you expect the US to be the most powerful nation?

They aren't innovating on par with the West. They owe their rise to intellectual property theft, cheap manufacturing and technology transfer. Authoritatian societies stifle innovation and creativity.

What makes the US a superpower isn't just world leading defense technology and industry, it is also cultural exports, like music, television, movies and fashion trends. I can't see China ever competing with the US on this.

The US natural energy,Food production and a two occean navy makes it dificult to subvert.

But China has been always a powerful nation its more of the norm nit the exception if you will look at History but back then there is no America to fuck things up.

The country is going to break up. Idk how anyone who has moderately studied empire break ups, nations fracturing, secessions, and or even civil wars doesnt see how the US has all the major ingredients for dissolution.

Corrupt state at all levels
Non homogenous idelogically, culturally and racially
Low trust society
Polarized
Major financial issues
Foreign infilitration and ownership
Parallel societies
Secessionist tendencies
Polar opposite political parties
Regonlization

Dozens of states in past 2 centuries broke up over less...

So I give the US 15 years max.. be here to bump it when it happens

Tranny story time and creationism in schools too!

The US natural energy,Food production and a two occean navy makes it dificult to subvert.

But China has been always a powerful nation its more of the norm nit the exception if you will look at History but back then there is no America to fuck things up.
Leftism and mass immigration are subverting this nation as we speak.

Our military has nothing to do with it. That institution is being subverted as well

They aren't innovating on par with the West. They owe their rise to intellectual property theft, cheap manufacturing and technology transfer. Authoritatian societies stifle innovation and creativity.

What makes the US a superpower isn't just world leading defense technology and industry, it is also cultural exports, like music, television, movies and fashion trends. I can't see China ever competing with the US on this.

This. Authoritarian regimes don't work well in a world with instant transfer of information. There will be some sort of uprising in China long before they become the leading world power.

Lmao. The Chinese takeover of Hollywood has been long in the making. Look at all the blockbusters...all geared toward the Chinese audience. I mean Maverick had to get rid of his Taiwan patch...in ten years...let alone 50...the takeover will be complete.

Totally off topic, but is your username taken from Prince Paul's character on the Lovage album? If so, you are awesome.

This. Authoritarian regimes don't work well in a world with instant transfer of information. There will be some sort of uprising in China long before they become the leading world power.
Well since the invention of the internet the US has become more divided than China. You'd think this free flowing information would make us more united but it hasn't

I'd say our lower population is an asset not a detriment, because if we had population size similar to China our quality of life would be lower. We would have less space and more pollution. Some areas of the US are already too crowded. Traffic congestion is a major nuisance.

Well, disagree as a matter of taste, but from the perspective of this thread, it's not arguable. China is much poorer than us on a per-person basis, but their total market size will be bigger soon, which gives them a lot of power (not more, but it closes the gap a lot).

Are trade deficits a reward or rather something that's easier to manage when you have enough wealth?

A reward. Put the aspect of it that is accounting BS aside, and what it means is that we get more goods and services than we produce.

Well since the invention of the internet the US has become more divided than China. You'd think this free flowing information would make us more united but it hasn't
That's not always a bad thing. Diversity of thought/opinion is going to come with division, but it also results in innovation. The Chinese government doesn't allow for diverse thought or critical thinking at all if it doesn't fit their narrative, which will negatively impact them in the long run. It happens to all authoritarian regimes.

America is a a country riddled in white supremacy with PoC literally being hunted. Every other country is so much more tolerant with open borders and a willingness to abandon cultural identity. Two months tops.
<[analyzed}>

The end is in sight. The Chinese have been buying the country up for decades, and the left wing has simultaneously got people to be ashamed of the country while hating each other. The link between behavior and consequences, both good and bad, has been broken. It's over.

I lived in asia from 2012 to 2018. Based on my interactions with locals in the countries i lived (japan, s.korea) and visited, it seemed to me, in that part of the world, they don't consider america to be a significant world power anymore. all everybody in those countries talks about is china. china really looms so much larger over the culture and economy of asia than the US does. even when i was in the middle east, students and young people i met would talk more about moving to australia or europe or even to india than to america for higher education and a better life...the US was way down the list, like their 6th choice.

A buddy of mine, who i went to school with, moved back to the caribbean where his family is from. he's comfortable and happy there... zero interest in coming back to the US. Even I would leave and go back to asia at the drop of a hat if i was truly free to do so.

My point is, the notion that "america is the richest and most powerful country in the world" is a myth that only we americans tell ourselves and only we believe. nobody else sees us that way. in the US, we're kinda isolated from the rest of the world. we're really sheltered from what's going on elsewhere, so we don't know what others are really all about.

we still think of ourselves as the world revolving around us. But from what i've seen, few major countries outside the US still think of the US as THE world leader. i think, in many ways the rest of the world has passed us by. look at our education system, health care, policing and infrastructure. except for cali and maybe new york, the rest of the world is just as developed as us, and they provide far better services to their citizens.

in some ways, asians still see the US as a standard bearer, but it's a lot less so in recent years, and their esteem for the US took a real nose dive during the trump presidency.

Back