Romanov vs Espino - your take-aways?

usernamee

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
the hw fight that ended with the nutshot... what did you think about the fight as a whole + the nutshot debacle

I'm glad Romanov won. He was winning the fight. The whole technical decision thing was weird AF though

Espino seemed a bit outsized and outmatched, but he was having his moments and perhaps taking over. It was one of those fights that disappointed and left you wanting more

Edit: Last time I saw something like this was Bisping vs Belcher

Reactions: HHJ
Romanov quit because he was gassed. He even asked what the decision would be if he doesn't continue

what did he ask exactly? what the outcome would be? and the ref said it would go to a technical decision?

- Romanov is really strong and has great wrestling and scary GnP
- Espino is a more skilled grappler/wrestler overall. He screwed himself in the second round by jumping guillotine
- Both guys were getting tired but Romanov especially will tire out if you take him into deep waters
- Espino should have won the first round but MMA judges are dumb

what did he ask exactly? what the outcome would be? and the ref said it would go to a technical decision?
He asked if he would win the fight and the doctor said that's not what what im here for. The referee didn't say anything.

Reactions: HHJ
That romanov gassed and that no athlete at such a high level should be carrying that much body fat if it affects their cardio that much.

Glad romanov won but espino probably won the first round

- Round 1 and 3 were for Espino
- Romanov GnP is scary
- Espino has better wrestling and grappling, even being over 10 pounds lighter than romanov.
- Espino has better cardio
- 50/50 on the standing
Really, really close fight, but Espino deserved the W

I felt Espino qon round 1 and 3 up until the ball shot. Romanov was gassed in the third and seemingly on his way to a decision loss. It irked my that Bisping kept talking about them taking a point away.

Romanov looked exhausted, I think the nut shot helped him, looked like his lungs were gonna explode if it went 10 more seconds

Just do the rematch, the fight ended in such a weird way and the fight was in the balance, no one was clearly dominating and winning, so I say just do the rematch next....

I felt Espino qon round 1 and 3 up until the ball shot. Romanov was gassed in the third and seemingly on his way to a decision loss. It irked my that Bisping kept talking about them taking a point away.
I actually think taking a point away would make sense if the fight continued but not if it was stopped.
- if it is stopped you just pretend the foul didn't happen and score everything that happened before it
- if the round continues the groin shot likely compromises Romanov's ability to win the rest of the round

it was stupid, Espino won the first round and the first minute of the third. Lost the second, should have own and Romanov should get zero credit from this stupid way to win. He was getting gassed and about to lose the 3rd round badly.

Romanov preffer to go to the judges that back to fight. He was totally gassed. They should fight again.

Definite Exaggeration of injury, he was totally gassed... the man is a fucking flub tub..... Noone can carry that much fat and have cardio.

Reactions: ytt
As someone who doesn't have the requisite equipment to know myself, can I ask: what about a nut shot would render someone unable to extend one's leg, like Romanov was complaining about, aside from sheer pain?

I had money on Espino and wasn’t disappointed with his performance, I had it one round each and thought perhaps the first minute of round three could have gone Espino’s way, but the right man won as there should have been a point deduction in the final round anyway, making it at least a draw or win for Romanov.

Neither of them will win many fights in UFC. Too slow and predictable.

As someone who doesn't have the requisite equipment to know myself, can I ask: what about a nut shot would render someone unable to extend one's leg, like Romanov was complaining about, aside from sheer pain?
If the cup was out of the way for a brief moment and contact was made with the testicle then it could have pushed it up its own pipe which can cause a extremely sore groin, this could prevent someone from being able to comfortably stand.

Back