Television The Anime and Manga Thread: v44 (RIP Kentaro Miura)

Anyone else starting to think what wil motivate Ippo to fight again is Takamura having to retire? Takamura will never lose, but maybe he beats Keith(luck guy) and his eye injury gets exposed. So Ippo takes up the cause on Takamura’s direct request.

Anyone else starting to think what wil motivate Ippo to fight again is Takamura having to retire? Takamura will never lose, but maybe he beats Keith(luck guy) and his eye injury gets exposed. So Ippo takes up the cause on Takamura’s direct request.
Takamura’s eye... Don’t know, George either keeps hinting at it but never confirms if his eye is really damaged. Remember Takamura also injured his right foot saving that kid before the match.

Motivation wise this fight might be the one to get Ippo back into action. This one or maybe seeing Sendo steamrolled by Ricardo will give him fire in his heart.

Takamura’s eye... Don’t know, George either keeps hinting at it but never confirms if his eye is really damaged. Remember Takamura also injured his right foot saving that kid before the match.

Motivation wise this fight might be the one to get Ippo back into action. This one or maybe seeing Sendo steamrolled by Ricardo will give him fire in his heart.

Didn’t remember that because i’m a few chapters behind so haven’t read it. Lol.

Why would seeing Sendo get brain damaged and retired give Ippo any motivation? Wouldn’t that just confirm his bias about his Heart/blah blah not being enough to be a champion?

Ugh, that series get SO BAD later on. It reads like an author insert of a POS loser who gets to bang a young girl. It's garbage.

But...all of the Anime talking heads on YouTube tell me it's not trash, but art.

Yeah I've read some spoilers and it's pretty gross wish-fulfillment trash in ways that just feels sleazier and skeevier than usual. Even ignoring THAT, he's just such a gross sex creep and the series pretty much reinforces and gives him a pass on the gross creepy shit. I've no issue with ecchi and sexy stuff, but this series just go into some serious gross creep shit.

Redo of Healer was fucking good....love my dumpster fires!

One girl sat on her sister's face on the last episode of the season.....yep

I can at least respect that series for being open and honest about sleazy skeevy trash.

To further detail, it's the pseudo-intellectual nonsense about how it's this deep exploration of deep complex trauma and how it affects people and being a given a second chance at life and improving oneself whilst while even if true, does not NEED the character to be the gross creep that he is nor is it unique in this respect vs other series that do this angle MUCH BETTER like the upcoming Faraway Paladin and Taisho Otome Otogibanashi. The series for all that it does well was just a slightly better version of the same trashy shlock that came after it and that's perfectly fine. It doesn't need this BS about it being deep and other nonsense.

The other big issue I have is the absolutely amazing adaption it's gotten for what is again the forefather of shlock isekai when series like fucking Berserk, Kingdom, and Kengan Asura can barely get decent working animation as well as others. It's bullshit.

Edit: You can add Way of the House Husband to that list of fucked over shows.

Last edited:
I'm liking Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint , surprised I didn't find this til recently

Good to see the Attack on Titan community acting nearly identical to the Game of Thrones community after the final season. I'm sure the petitions will accomplish their goals..

{<jordan}

Good to see the Attack on Titan community acting nearly identical to the Game of Thrones community after the final season. I'm sure the petitions will accomplish their goals..

{<jordan}

Worked for Snyder Cucks

{<jordan}
Its so funny. I love nerd rage. Don't get me wrong, I do sympathize, I was disappointed in the GoT ending, but looking back now it's more funny than anything. There's always some level of humor to me when something that is loved gets so bad so fast, and a whole fan community rages about it.

With attack on titan I bailed a long time ago, so it's just funny to me

Lmao at some fans asking writer to change aots ending

It wasnt really horrible just kinda mediocre

Like "meh its an ending"

{<jordan}
I finally caught up with AOT, but never seen GOT. I just hate the fact that this wasn't the absolute end. If you going to call it final season, don't add a part 2, especially having us wait 1.5 years for it. At least better then OPM since there is no date of the next season and I was expected it to stop at the end of the Garou ark. Probably not coming out for another 5 years, lol

I also finished Bleach watching most of it at 1.25-1.5x speed and skipping most of the filler. Can't wait until they start the final season. I may have actually enjoyed Bleach moreso then I did Naruto (Naruto Kai). Now I just have to finish Dr. Stone this week and I can finally catch up with Black Clover, which I heard is also on a haitus for now...

{<jordan}
Depends on who you're talking to. r/Titanfolk hates it while there's a lot more love on r/ShingekiNoKyojin.

Never really got into AoT so I dunno. The second season of TPN still fucking hurts though.

Never really got into AoT so I dunno. The second season of TPN still fucking hurts though.

I didn't mind season 2 of TPN. I thought it would be much worse from the way people talked about it. Honestly these days I'm just glad when an anime actually finishes. Instead of 1 or 2 seasons and then dropping off the face of the earth.

@GSP4tw

@Lavitz

One piece spoilers are out , featuring Tama and it seems she will be the one to turn the tide of this battle no just because of her powers

Back