Rose slow motion KO of Weili

I am seeing post after post that the fight was stopped early. The ref has to protect a fighter that cannot adequately defend themselves. Weili would have been hurt badly had the fight went on.

Especially if Rose would've postured up (which she probably would've done had there been enough time to establish her base on the ground) and started dropping left hands the way that she did in her first title fight.

Yeah its called being stunned. We have seen lots of fighters have trouble walking when they get hit, even do the chicken dance and they recover fine moments later.
You picked Rose to get demolished. Now you've been going crazy all day calling it an early stoppage.

How about you shut the fuck up and eat your crow like a man.

For those that are saying the fight was stopped early, please review the video and apologize.

She might be nuts but dam that kick. I was very impressed at the speed of it.

Most of us are seasoned enough fans to recognize this stopped early even though it wasn't phenomenon. Emelianenko-Henderson, Aldo-McGregor, etc. fighters either going out so suddenly or suddenly "revived" a second or two after the KO blow that they don't immediately realize that they went unconscious and the fight is over.

Yet more evidence that consciousness is an illusion.

What was Weili even doing with her arms?

What was Weili even doing with her arms?

She was trying to do the "made you miss and I look fucking cool" pose. Problem is she didn't make sure she was actually out of range. Oops.

Weili decided to play peek-a-boo at one of the worst times to play peek-a-boo

First punch didnt even connect, then the 2 baby punches have barely any impact. She was hurt forsure but that was an early stoppage especially in a title fight.
You’re pretty much proving it was a good stoppage. If those follow up punches were indeed “baby punches” she must of been hurt enough by the kick that she couldn’t do anything to stop said “baby punches” or even attempt not to be so easily pushed to the ground. She’ll be back.

I have to think anybody crying early stoppage is just trying to cope. Weili drops like a sack of potatoes, stares off in the distance as she gets slammed with hammerfists, offering no resistance or any effort whatsoever to defend herself. There’s literally zero case for it being early.

Most of us are seasoned enough fans to recognize this stopped early even though it wasn't phenomenon. Emelianenko-Henderson, Aldo-McGregor, etc. fighters either going out so suddenly or suddenly "revived" a second or two after the KO blow that they don't immediately realize that they went unconscious and the fight is over.

Yet more evidence that consciousness is an illusion.
This post is evidence that consciousness is an illusion...

First punch didnt even connect, then the 2 baby punches have barely any impact. She was hurt forsure but that was an early stoppage especially in a title fight.

You don’t actually believe that. You know that you were wrong and the stoppage is good. Stop lying to yourself.

She didn’t move for a second or two after the ref stopped it.

I have to think anybody crying early stoppage is just trying to cope. Weili drops like a sack of potatoes, stares off in the distance as she gets slammed with hammerfists, offering no resistance or any effort whatsoever to defend herself. There’s literally zero case for it being early.

Standing up a second later and walking around, talking and protesting the stoppage is pretty good evidence to me. Yeah she was wobbly, she got hurt bad, it doesnt mean the fight was over. You can clearly see she is conscious after the head kick, she falls down and takes two baby hammer fists from Rose. She was never unconscious. If it was a regular fight then sure, but this is a title fight and Zhang is the champ, you dont stop the fight the moment she gets hurt.

Standing up a second later and walking around, talking and protesting the stoppage is pretty good evidence to me. Yeah she was wobbly, she got hurt bad, it doesnt mean the fight was over. You can clearly see she is conscious after the head kick, she falls down and takes two baby hammer fists from Rose. She was never unconscious. If it was a regular fight then sure, but this is a title fight and Zhang is the champ, you dont stop the fight the moment she gets hurt.
It wasn’t stopped the moment she got hurt. It was stopped when she did nothing after the fact. I understand the sting of a fighter you like losing. It happened to me the very next fight lol

Her staring off into space while not defending herself is pretty good evidence to me. Then not moving for a second or two after the stoppage, she didn’t pop right up like you’re suggesting. Rules don’t change because you’re champion, you have to intelligently defend yourself and she failed to do that. Rolling to your side and not even attempting to cover up is not defending yourself. She lost cleanly, get over it man.

Her staring off into space while not defending herself is pretty good evidence to me. Then it moving for a second or two after the stoppage, she didn’t pop right up like you’re suggesting. Rules don’t change because you’re champion, you have to intelligently defend yourself and she failed to do that. Rolling to your side and not even attempting to cover up is not defending yourself. She lost cleanly, get over it man.

She wasnt defending herself for maybe one second, because Rose has her arm trapped, watch the replay. Its not like Rose was pounding on her for a while, were talking TWO short quick punches before the ref stopped the fight.

Yeah its called being stunned. We have seen lots of fighters have trouble walking when they get hit, even do the chicken dance and they recover fine moments later.

Taking the shot and doing the chicken dance is different than taking the shot, getting dropped like dead weight, then doing the chicken dance.
You really think if she was stumbling and staggering around with help getting up, she was going to be able to get up (to even do the chicken dance) with rose on her ass the entire time?

Back