UFC and their ability to "let guys go"

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Seems like the UFC is great at letting guys go who you thought they shouldn't. I'm too drunk to care right now but Pettis was one. Not saying he was a huge loss but losing to Collard was bad. Name others because there is a few. Rory was a bad loss IMO.

Seems like the UFC is great at letting guys go who you thought they shouldn't. I'm too drunk to care right now but Pettis was one. Not saying he was a huge loss but losing to Collard was bad. Name others because there is a few. Rory was a bad loss IMO.

You are missing an important part of the equation. A lot of those people WANTED TO LEAVE

Very few people spend their entire careers working at a single company, I don’t see why we expect fighters to.

I just recently found out Antonio Carlos "shoeface" Junior was let go and fighting for PFL. I know he had a 3 fight losing skid but its not like he was fighting bums and was always a tough challenge for whoever he was fighting.

The cuts are not rational nor can they be rational. For instance cutting Moose but still rostering Weidman who’s basically 6 straight horrific losses with 1 random win in the mix.

Moose chose Belloltor because he has a relationship with Coker.

Pettis wrote a whole letter thanking the ufc and everyone before he forcefully left on his own. And it was after a win.
That letter read like a dying satisfied jolly old man giving away charities in his will.

I agreed w like 99 percent of their cuts. They are not preventing them from making a living elsewhere or closing the door on them coming back

Yoel Romero ..

Last edited:
It's definitely Mousasi. At the time of his departure from the UFC, he was on a 5-fight winning streak, all against ranked opponents. He KO'd the last 4 opponents over a span of 9 months. Has anybody else in UFC history KO'd 4 ranked opponents in 9 months? It has been 5 years since his departure and he is still one of the Top 3 middleweights in the world.

tumblr_oa3qcydjVx1u2ragso1_500.gif

Bader is another one. He went 18-5 in the UFC and was consistently ranked in the Top 5, including at the time of his departure.

mwqkw8.gif

tumblr_plz3si4SLJ1udfb8oo1_400.gifv

The cuts are not rational nor can they be rational. For instance cutting Moose but still rostering Weidman who’s basically 6 straight horrific losses with 1 random win in the mix.
The UFC tried hard to re-sign Mousassi. I believe they even offered him Rockhold on a PPV who was ranked #2 at the time.

Back