Carla is ready to reclaim her Throne!!

Very highly doubtful.

With due respect to her the only reason why she was ever champion was because the division was in its infancy, and she was dominated by Joanna in her first title defense.

That said, she's had a very decent record since losing the belt (8-3), but her chances of beating Rose, Zhang, or Joanna are quite low.

Rose gets a TKO within 3

A few of Carla's wins in this streak could've gone the other way for sure. Rose has the experience to weather the storm now. Super compelling how the title rematch came to fruition

Rose gets a TKO within 3

A few of Carla's wins in this streak could've gone the other way for sure. Rose has the experience to weather the storm now. Super compelling how the title rematch came to fruition
roses gasses out wdym r3 tko

yeah Esparza definitely deserves a next shot, were is noone else at the moment. but a rematch with JJ would also be good to see if red goof goofes her for some reason.

I didn't think she'd ever fight for a title again but here she is potentially at range for another shot. Good for her.

Very highly doubtful.

With due respect to her the only reason why she was ever champion was because the division was in its infancy, and she was dominated by Joanna in her first title defense.

That said, she's had a very decent record since losing the belt (8-3), but her chances of beating Rose, Zhang, or Joanna are quite low.
She’s earned her title shot.

Damn. Long haired Rose was a force. Miss her.

She’s earned her title shot.

By defeating... who?

A bunch of no-namers, with the exception of Michelle Waterson and Xiaonon, who I'll say was on a 6-fight win streak. Carla's last four wins before last night were 3-round decisions, and two of the four were split, and all four weren't particularly interesting.

Anyway, Carla may be given a title shot IF Rose is interested in fighting sometime this year, but that's because Rose may want that win back from the TUF finale.

I'm happy for her, but the real issue is if anyone actually wants to see her fight for the belt nonetheless win one.

Well, she still sucks it’s just that she’s been fighting (and losing) to cans. I have no interest in watching her fight for the title.

By defeating... who?

A bunch of no-namers, with the exception of Michelle Waterson and Xiaonon, who I'll say was on a 6-fight win streak. Carla's last four wins before last night were 3-round decisions, and two of the four were split, and all four weren't particularly interesting.

Anyway, Carla may be given a title shot IF Rose is interested in fighting sometime this year, but that's because Rose may want that win back from the TUF finale.
Who else should get the title fight ? She's beaten two in the top 6 last two fights. Joanna and Weili are coming off losses and both have lost to Rose, Tatiana haven't fought for years and Dern have no top 5 wins. So Esparza is the only option....

Who else should get the title fight ? She's beaten two in the top 6 last two fights. Joanna and Weili are coming off losses and both have lost to Rose, Tatiana haven't fought for years and Dern have no top 5 wins. So Esparza is the only option....
Rose can rematch Zhang and Carla can fight Joana as a #1 contender bought. If Carla can beat Joana then she definitely deserves the shot. She may deserve the shot right now, but that is a hard fight to sell and this is business. Nobody cares about Carla.

Rose can rematch Zhang and Carla can fight Joana as a #1 contender bought. If Carla can beat Joana then she definitely deserves the shot. She may deserve the shot right now, but that is a hard fight to sell and this is business. Nobody cares about Carla.

And it's her own fault. People became so used to her boring them to sleep that even this finish isn't anywhere near enough to move the needle.

Back