Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley II MEGATHREAD *Locked

Does that Woodley KO loss to Jake Paul badly hurt the UFC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iroh

The Dragon of the West
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't see many people talkjng about this. Obviously it's the payday, but he needs it more than most. He burned through all his monies like a stereotypical successful pro athlete.

from Fox Sports
Tyron Woodley
Tyron Woodley lived the good life during an almost three-year run as the UFC’s welterweight champion that saw him earning $500,000 per fight – win or lose in addition to a cut of the pay-per-view revenue.

That saw Woodley’s disclosed career earnings soaring up into the $4 million range, an unthinkable amount for someone who grew up in poverty, but the star has admitted that he “blew through” that money as fast as he was making it.

“I bought, like, seven cars and, f*cking, two houses—and all these trips. And nobody ever lifted a f*cking hand when we was at a restaurant; 10-15 people went to dinner,” Woodley told ESPN. “And I was going to VIP clubs and all this sh*t, like, every other week.”

Woodley said he hadn’t been taught about how to look after his finances and literally paid the price for it.

“Everybody taught me 1+1 is 2. That’s math. That ain’t finance. That ain’t wealth, that ain’t investing, that ain’t saving, that ain’t tax.”

However, after losing his belt last year and now having been out of action for a year, T-Wood admits that he’s had to learn his lesson the hard way

TS, stop pocket watching.

Had to look that up, lol. I'm not worried about his monies. I'm worried about the lack of it mentioned on here. Though I didn't read all too much of the threads, I expected it to be mentioned on the first page of the threads, because it's so obvious

Had to look that up, lol. I'm not worried about his monies. I'm worried about the lack of it mentioned on here. Though I didn't read all too much of the threads, I expected it to be mentioned on the first page of the threads, because it's so obvious

Good for him that he's being paid.

“I bought, like, seven cars and, f*cking, two houses—and all these trips. And nobody ever lifted a f*cking hand when we was at a restaurant; 10-15 people went to dinner,” Woodley told ESPN. “And I was going to VIP clubs and all this sh*t, like, every other week.”
Honestly, that's surprising. You would expect that kind of behavior from some 20 y.o. rapper or a rookie NBA player, but Tyron was like a 35-36 y.o MMA vet with a wife and four kids.

Dude's already taking jobs like this, FFS.

a79.jpg

Don't see many people talkjng about this. Obviously it's the payday, but he needs it more than most. He burned through all his monies like a stereotypical successful pro athlete.

That is really surprising to hear. I thought he would have been better with his money given his age, education and general level headedness.

I hear Derrick Lewis was also buying a bunch of cars and have people leeching off of him, but at least he's smart enough to put some of his money into investment properties and also opened a nail salon.

That is really surprising to hear. I thought he would have been better with his money given his age, education and general level headedness.

I hear Derrick Lewis was also buying a bunch of cars and have people leeching off of him, but at least he's smart enough to put some of his money into investment properties and also opened a nail salon.

Dude also wants to be a rapper, so he wanted to live like one too.

I don't think whether or not he's been good with his money matters. This should be an easy pay day for him.

Honestly, that's surprising. You would expect that kind of behavior from some 20 y.o. rapper or a rookie NBA player, but Tyron was like a 35-36 y.o MMA vet with a wife and four kids.

and he went to college. talkin bout "they only taught me 1+1 is 2" the fuck? bruh, University of Missouri got some shit ass education if that's what he learned in college.

i love how he acts like it was someone else's fault. like it's out of the realm of possibility that a person who grew up poor knows how to keep their money. in fact, i'd think a lot of people who grew up poor would understand what "living within your means" means more than anyone else in the world.

I'm sure he's probably getting a million guaranteed. And I'm sure he'll burn right through
that too.

I really hate to think what's next for the man if he has a bad showing in the Paul fight.

Dude's already taking jobs like this, FFS.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and think he learned his lesson and wont go through it that fast again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back