Vettori will do the same thing jan did to izzy

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mark my words, he's the closest think to a mw jan there is. His striking style is hard to deal with for a counter puncher like izzy, his chain wrestling is done more in the middle of the cage ( which is the correct thing to be done against izzy) and although he does get tired a bit after the third he doesn't die in the cage. I predict a close fight where the takedowns make the difference.

Vettori's only path to victory is taking, and holding Izzy down for 3/5 rounds without getting hurt on the feet, or gassed

Good luck with that... he's gonna get fucked up badly

I want Vettori to win but I agree with this statement

{<huh}

I don't see it. This will be a straight forward decision for Izzy or a KO inside of 4. Vettori is a tough guy, but I don't see him finishing his opponent in this one.

Do you care to make your analysis interesting? AV bet?

Mark my words, he's the closest think to a mw jan there is. His striking style is hard to deal with for a counter puncher like izzy, his chain wrestling is done more in the middle of the cage ( which is the correct thing to be done against izzy) and although he does get tired a bit after the third he doesn't die in the cage. I predict a close fight where the takedowns make the difference.
thats def a possibility but you cant pretend that izzy cant make adjustments. Its not like people didnt try this until now

{<huh}

I don't see it. This will be a straight forward decision for Izzy or a KO inside of 4. Vettori is a tough guy, but I don't see him finishing his opponent in this one.

Do you care to make your analysis interesting? AV bet?
I don't think he finishes izzy either, i think he will win by decision

He's a big dude, not as big as jan but defenetly a better wrestler
No bigger than Brunson, also worse wrestling... we know what happened to him
3NoiN.gif

Vettori agrees
200.gif

thats def a possibility but you cant pretend that izzy cant make adjustments. Its not like people didnt try this until now
In all honesty they really didn't besidea jan and vettori ( although he did late on the third round in their first fight) cuck thomas did a intresting analysis this, to defeat izzy you need to defeat izzy you need to put him on the ground in the middoe of the cage and in the striking realm try to not overextend. Vettori got a kinda similar style to jan in this regard, he doesn't overextend ( he's actually kinda stiff but fighting against izzy thats not bad)
And he has good enough wrestling to take him down

What an insult to Jan. Vettori's striking although decent is garbage compared to Jan's and he has no power to threaten with and poor defense. I actually like him, he's a very good wrestler/grappler, but that's not gonna be enough. Adesanya's TDD has looked amazing at MW.

Vettori's only path to victory is taking, and holding Izzy down for 3/5 rounds without getting hurt on the feet, or gassed

Izzy's only path to victory is hoping Vettori will only kickbox with him. Sort of common sense stuff here right?

Izzy had no guard and looked like dogshit on the mat in his last fight. This is the first M part of MMA. Granted he fought a bigger guy but he wasn't trying and failing sweeps and submission attempts, he didn't have the technique.

So you have one guy who is far superior grappler and one who is far superior striker. I like Izzy 60/40 in this one.

For mma? He's arguably the better wrestler since he actually was able to take down izzy ( and basically every other fighter he faced) he's a wayyyy better striker than brunson and thats for sure
The Israel Brunson faced was a lot better than the Israel Vettori faced, he's a marginally better striker than Brunson

I keep having to remind people KEVIN HOLLAND gave him trouble on the feet

Meh.

If the first fight was 5 rounds I think Vettori would have won it.

Izzy was done in that 3rd round.

However, I think Izzy has improved more than Vettori since their first fight, so I'm giving him the nod.

Back