Social WR Lounge v286 armchair quarterback edition

Do you know what a piss window is?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all don't wanna see pics of my feet, especially the soles.

10 years of kendo which means bare foot on a gym floor has wrecked them with permanently dry and cracked heels and massive callouses in the balls of both.
Feet are fucking gross anyways GeG

Me being against immigration is something you've made up. Trade agreements aren't things I read, and like any sane person I just want them to be the best deals for America that they can be.

Referring to the argument that "if X opposes Y's preferred method of achieving A, that means X opposes A." You made that form of argument to defend your claim that Democrats support open borders despite the fact that they don't support open borders. But you don't consistently apply the reasoning.

Good piece on that here (yes, @Deorum, more SAK):

https://slatestarcodex.com/2015/11/03/what-developmental-milestones-are-you-missing/

I recommend the whole thing, but here's the most relevant bit:

First, a refresher. Developmental psychology describes how children go from helpless infants to reasonable adults. Although a lot of it has to do with sensorimotor skills like walking and talking, the really interesting stuff is cognitive development. Children start off as very buggy reasoners incapable of all but the most superficial forms of logic but gradually go on to develop new abilities and insights that allow them to navigate adult life.

Maybe the most famous of these is “theory of mind”, the ability to view things from other people’s perspective. In a classic demonstration, researchers show little Amy a Skittles bag and ask what she thinks is inside. She guesses Skittles, but the researchers open it and reveal it’s actually pennies. Then they close it up and invite little Brayden into the room. Then they ask Amy what Brayden thinks is inside. If Amy’s three years old or younger, she’ll usually say “pennies” – she knows that pennies are inside, so why shouldn’t Brayden know too? If she’s four or older, she’ll usually say “Skittles” – she realizes on a gut level that she and Brayden are separate minds and that Brayden will have his own perspective. Sometimes the same mistake can extend to preferences and beliefs. Wikipedia gives the example of a child saying “I like Sesame Street, so Daddy must like Sesame Street too.” This is another theory of mind failure grounded in an inability to separate self and environment.

Seems to be a common mistake here.

View media item 34383
The bottoms of my feet are really smooth. My heel needs some work before we get this bad boy off the ground.
@Sara do you have any tips for taking care of your feet?

Y'all don't wanna see pics of my feet, especially the soles.

10 years of kendo which means bare foot on a gym floor has wrecked them with permanently dry and cracked heels and massive callouses in the balls of both.
Get a pedicure

View media item 34383
The bottoms of my feet are really smooth. My heel needs some work before we get this bad boy off the ground.
@Sara do you have any tips for taking care of your feet?
Get a pedicure every two weeks until the dead skin is gone. They can’t take it all off at once without risking blood, once they get rid of calluses and cracked heals, go every 2-3 months.

What a time to be alive....

The Harley Quinn DC movie stuff legit almost triggers me....

Harley Quinn is an example of someone IN AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP THAT HAS DEVELOPED STOCKHOLM SYNDROME!

There is NOTHING redeeming about her relationship with like... anyone in DC. Joker broke her then like loans her out to guys like Bane and others to do stuff for them.

Referring to the argument that "if X opposes Y's preferred method of achieving A, that means X opposes A." You made that form of argument to defend your claim that Democrats support open borders despite the fact that they don't support open borders. But you don't consistently apply the reasoning.

No I didn't. I said there was a pattern of Trump's actions on the matter being called racist. You've confused me with others in the thread. It happens. No biggie.

Do you oppose illegal immigration?

Get a pedicure every two weeks until the dead skin is gone. They can’t take it all off at once without risking blood, once they get rid of calluses and cracked heals, go every 2-3 months.

Word. Are they expensive? What do you recommend for marketable feet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back