Social WR Lounge v286 armchair quarterback edition

Do you know what a piss window is?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if happy man stays up all night and does coke

Nah bro, defo that kinda cowboy.

@Happy Man is always so stressed out all the time.
1. You would do that LMAO!
tenor.gif

You are a bad person.<Lmaoo>

Forreal though, this cover of the Klaatu song was phenomenal. Richard was actually reaching for instrumental and production greatness on this motherfucker lmao, bruh stuck the landing on it too.

Forreal though, this cover of the Klaatu song was phenomenal. Richard was actually reaching for instrumental and production greatness on this motherfucker lmao, bruh stuck the landing on it too.

Carpenters had so many classics. Also *like

I didn't realise that was a cover. Never heard of Klaatu. Definitely prefer the Carpenters version.
Had a lot of '80s The Cult in my playlist this week. Strange how I didn't even really notice their shift in style in the late '80s at the time. Guess because I didn't see them. I definitely preferred them in their peak, big goth blouse form.

[/quote]

Covers end up being more popular than original recordings pretty damn frequently. People hear pancho and lefty and think of merle haggard and willie nelson for whatever reason when townes van zandt was a better everything from songwriter to musician to more interesting human being imo. Probably because he was buttnuts crazy and let his wife run his distro for a while (also imo)

Covers end up being more popular than original recordings pretty damn frequently. People hear pancho and lefty and think of merle haggard and willie nelson for whatever reason when townes van zandt was a better everything from songwriter to musician to more interesting human being imo. Probably because he was buttnuts crazy and let his wife run his distro for a while (also imo)

I always thought Calling Occupants was the whacky result of Karen's descent through starvation and the pair of the them popping pills.
Didn't realise they were covering an existing hit from an alien contact theme album.

I always thought Calling Occupants was the whacky result of Karen's descent through starvation and the pair of the them popping pills, didn't realise they were covering an existing hit from an alien contact theme album.
I don't think I've ever heard that song before tbh

That woman's tits match her facial expressions pretty well imo

I didn't realise that was a cover. Never heard of Klaatu. Definitely prefer the Carpenters version.
Had a lot of '80s The Cult in my playlist this week. Strange how I didn't even really notice their shift in style in the late '80s at the time. Guess because I didn't see them. I definitely preferred them in their peak, big goth blouse form.
I've seen The Cult a couple of times live, once opening for Billy Idol back in '86 in Irvine, CA and headlining a mid-size club in Charlotte, NC in 2010, they're a really strong live act.

That skipping move (not sure you'd call it a dance exactly) Astbury does at the beginning of the She Sells Sanctuary video is the shit, I've been daring lead singers to pull that one off live for years, still waiting. Of course I've often played in metal bands so it might look somewhat out of place.

I've seen The Cult a couple of times live, once opening for Billy Idol back in '86 in Irvine, CA and headlining a mid-size club in Charlotte, NC in 2010, they're a really strong live act.

That skipping move (not sure you'd call it a dance exactly) Astbury does at the beginning of the She Sells Sanctuary video is the shit, I've been daring lead singers to pull that one off live for years, still waiting. Of course I've often played in metal bands so it might look somewhat out of place.

Yeah, it's like a new wave version of the shuffle. The whole intro to that music video is some great rock theatre.
You were fortunate, '86 was when they peaked IMO.
I was disappointed they shifted to a more generic rock style in the late '80s and early '90s. Not that it was terrible or anything, and Astbury's voice held up, but they weren't really offering anything unique or different.
The cynic in me thought they were chasing the trends with the exploding popularity of GNR at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back