Social WR Lounge v286 armchair quarterback edition

Do you know what a piss window is?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
She ain't no Queen of Soul.

Aretha Franklin is on her own place. LoL
Speaking of beautiful music, Growing up boys 2 Men might have been one of my favorite singer's ever and Mariah helps out too.

Thanks for an actual answer. Makes sense.

What is your main view on immigration? I don’t really think Americans are all that split on the issue if you really got people in a room and talked it all through. The WR isnt exactly the US but we had that one poll where nearly everyone would support an amnesty bill if there were border security and e-verify. If that’s been the case with the US as a whole, it’s pretty messed up nothing has gone through.

There's basically no one on the pro side of the argument. It's just a strawman.

Used to be a quite a few libertarians that promoted the idea. It was one of their internal divisions. They all seem to have disappeared though, while a good number of their libertarian opposition has jumped on racial nationalism.

Aretha Franklin is on her own place. LoL
Speaking of beautiful music, Growing up boys 2 Men might have been one of my favorite singer's ever and Mariah helps out too.

I love that song (nostalgia). Empress of Soul did a cover for one of their songs, the power of the pipes on this woman well into middle age (here) and even senior citizen status is truly fucking incredible.

Seriously, cop that.

Of course there is no substance. It’s a moral argument. There is no practical way for the world as we know it to operate without borders.
Good enough for me.

I like the idea behind John Lennon's "Imagine" after all, but my pragmatism outweighs any real want to implement those ideas. We're just not there yet.

I've ran into a few of those unicorns in the WR. The question is, are they seriously proposing it, or is the open borders idea like the defund the police idea?

Defund the police is close to what I was thinking because I think what people see is if someone has a position where someone can cross in illegally and the consequence is maybe a fine at most while also pushing to defund agencies like ICE, they kinda think that equals open borders because there isn’t much teeth to the rule of law. It isn’t the same thing but I think that’s what caused the disconnect. There’s also how people want to portray those in the situation which causes some unnecessary divides.

What is your main view on immigration? I don’t really think Americans are all that split on the issue if you really got people in a room and talked it all through. The WR isnt exactly the US but we had that one poll where nearly everyone would support an amnesty bill if there were border security and e-verify. If that’s been the case with the US as a whole, it’s pretty messed up nothing has gone through.

Controlled immigration is desirable, though I couldn't say what the numbers should be. Bring in people first and foremost with something to offer and values aligned with our Constitution. Deport illegals and protect the borders as necessary. Deny work visas to Chinese nationals. Let 'em study at universities if they want, but no research positions. Prioritize English speakers over those who can't communicate in the language.

I love that song (nostalgia). Empress of Soul did a cover for one of their songs, the power of the pipes on this woman well into middle age (here) and even senior citizen status is truly fucking incredible.

Seriously, cop that.

Love that song. Gladys knight was a beautiful woman back in the day. Still not to bad today.
upload_2021-6-15_0-56-11.jpeg

Okay so what supposed hate crimes did he talk about? Because the black dude who shot at joggers and hit someone with a car is nuttier than a fruitcake.
There’s been a few. Stabbing if a pregnant woman.. Random drive by on a group etc.. Seems like he specifically mentioned about 5 incidents that would pretty obviously be hate crimes.

Defund the police is close to what I was thinking because I think what people see is if someone has a position where someone can cross in illegally and the consequence is maybe a fine at most while also pushing to defund agencies like ICE, they kinda think that equals open borders because there isn’t much teeth to the rule of law. It isn’t the same thing but I think that’s what caused the disconnect. There’s also how people want to portray those in the situation which causes some unnecessary divides.
There's so much imprecise language and uncharitable discourse involved in the current political climate that it's next to impossible to know what's going on unless we ask yes/no or blunt questions.

Of course there is no substance. It’s a moral argument. There is no practical way for the world as we know it to operate without borders.
Good enough for me.

I like the idea behind John Lennon's "Imagine" after all, but my pragmatism outweighs any real want to implement those ideas. We're just not there yet.

I've always been kind of moved by this.

60a30595-fb86-4059-a56c-987f62165130.jpg

Voyager(s) have anthropomorphic qualities to it which aren't seen nor given to pretty much any other spacecraft ever launched, and they've been active for nearly 45 years now. That's predominantly due to the Golden Record and its encapsulation of humanity but also for things such as the family portrait of the solar system that served as the inspiration for Carl Sagan's "Pale Blue Dot" monologue set to Vangelis, just things that we'll never quite be able to duplicate again.

So many achievements to its name that can't be done for the first time again. It was the first to observe volcanic activity on another world, the first and only mission to complete a 'grand tour' of the outer planets of the solar system, the first and only to directly explore Uranus (1986), first and only to explore Neptune (1989), first and only thus far to cross into and explore Interstellar Space (2012). From 1977-1989 alone, it had collected enough scientific data to fill 6,000 editions of Britannica Encyclopedia.

Cowboy haters. That's alright you can kiss my ass.

There would be noone left in most of Central and South America imo...the opportunity of the American dream outweighs much. And walking places like Nicaragua watching peeps in trash bag houses... you understand the dream...
Our trash bag houses are much more high falutin and located on superior real estate in addition to being supported by an unparalleled infrastructure imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back